The Purpose of D. Barnes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Purpose of D. Barnes

I think Darian Barnes was brought here for his leading blocking skills, his aggresive mentality, and his special teams play. I did see when he was arguing and looked ready to fight yesterday against one of Atlanta's defenders and I saw the play where Barnes ANNIHILATED and flat out DEMOLISHEd Keith Brooking on a lead block that I do believe lead to the Ricky Williams 23 yd TD. Barnes definitely has intensity which is something we have been lacking on offense, he's not a really good receiver like Heath Evans was but he is a GREAT Special Teams player and makes some very nice tackles (Especially during the Super Bowl for Tampa Bay) and he's a pretty good lead blocker and could even be used for short yardage situations but we don't need him for that because we have Ricky, Ronnie, and Morris. Darian Barnes is a TRUE BLOCKING Fullback and I think Saban brought him because he's also a great Special Teams player as well.

NathanHunt said:
wyo said:
Yes, I realize Dyer used to do these things.. but he wasn't utilized. Dyer kept losing out to the "potential" of Rob Konrad. Remember, "we really want to get Rob more involved in the passing game".

Yea, that materialized.

IM SO glad someone remembered Dyer. I would get so upset watching this Rob Konrad in there for his potential, when Dyer was knocking people's dck's in the dirt time and time again. This guy reminded me of a bigger Dyer. What a nice addition we have to the team.

Back
Top Bottom