The REAL Los Angeles baseball team thread, Go Dodgers! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The REAL Los Angeles baseball team thread, Go Dodgers!

Who would have thought the Mets would have been just what the doctor ordered? Another solid pitching performance by Penny, which is good since he has struggled against the Mets...A homer by Loney, 2 hits by Abreu, 3/4 with 3 runs scored for Kemp, and even Betemit had a couple hits. The young guns are comin out blazin, which is exactly what we need for this club right now...

Who would have thought the Mets would have been just what the doctor ordered? Another solid pitching performance by Penny, which is good since he has struggled against the Mets...A homer by Loney, 2 hits by Abreu, 3/4 with 3 runs scored for Kemp, and even Betemit had a couple hits. The young guns are comin out blazin, which is exactly what we need for this club right now...

Yeah, they may be able to add some life to the lineup, but we all know that in order to do real damage we need to get a proven bat. There is no question L.A. will, and I'm looking forward to seeing who that will be.

Lame news on Schmidt though, they are again concerned by his lack of velocity. I think it's a matter of time before he'll be shelved for the season.

Eddie Murray, the hitting coach was fired today...Good move I think, and hope...Our bats are really underachieving and if they were hitting like they should be, we would probably have 7-8 more wins...Bill Mueller will be taking over as interim hitting coach...

In announcing the dismissal of Eddie Murray on Thursday, the Dodgers essentially said they believe in their hitters more than their Hall of Fame hitting coach. "We're under-hitting," Manager Grady Little said. "Our expectations with this offense are much greater. Hopefully, a change will get it going." The Dodgers appointed Bill Mueller, who retired after last season, as interim hitting coach. General Manager Ned Colletti said the search for a permanent replacement could take "a day, a week or a month." They could consider Ron Jackson, Little's hitting coach when he managed the Red Sox.

Los Angeles Times

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Schmidt Going on DL Again[/FONT]

LOS ANGELES (AP) -Dodgers pitcher Jason Schmidt is going back on the disabled list because of a right shoulder problem.

Schmidt was ineffective Saturday in his third start since missing 45 games because of bursitis in his shoulder, and admitted that something wasn't quite right.
"I just haven't felt like myself," he said. Dodgers spokesman Josh Rawitch said utilityman Marlon Anderson, who underwent arthroscopic elbow surgery last month, will be activated and meet the team before Tuesday night's game in Toronto.

http://sports.iwon.com/news/06182007/v6588.html

Man am I glad we didin't sign him in the off season.....but then again Zito has sucked for us, too. Either way anything that hurts the Dodgers puts a smile on my face :D

Schmidt is done for the year...

Dodgers trainer Stan Conte said Schmidt had surgery to repair an inflamed bursa, a torn labrum and a frayed biceps tendon in his right shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom