The Spy Report | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Spy Report

well............I read larry Felser and from what I hear, the dolphins have no quarterback. They have Frerrotte, a journeryman, and Feeley, a project..........while the Bills, well........they have ummmmmm, a journeyman...........and a guy who has never made it through a season while being the backup. Bills rule!

The one thing that I did notice in that report and the ones I've read on the bill's board is that their D is still strong, and what's the most questionable area on our team...??? This is their first week..so JP and their O will improve, how much, who knows, but their OL is not very strong right now, and I don't think Mike Williams is practicing right now..so take the report for what it's worth, it is a snap shot in time...hopefully the poster gives us an update in a week, and let see then.

MDFINFAN said:
The one thing that I did notice in that report and the ones I've read on the bill's board is that their D is still strong, and what's the most questionable area on our team...??? This is their first week..so JP and their O will improve, how much, who knows, but their OL is not very strong right now, and I don't think Mike Williams is practicing right now..so take the report for what it's worth, it is a snap shot in time...hopefully the poster gives us an update in a week, and let see then.

I'll definatly give you an update in a week. I did see Mike Williams play today, he was out I believe before then. Their LT right now is Gandy, that's just not a good thing. I believe JP has improved since camp did start but right now I would say Holcombe and JP are pretty much the same giving a slight edge to JP but I believe JP will improve in the next week or two. It's kind of hard to judge cause Holcombe is more of a pocket passer with NFL starting experience but doesn't know the system and JP is more of a rushing QB with little experience but knows the system. JP has been looking more and more comfortable as camp has gone by.

The Bills passed up a potentially very good OLT in the 2nd round in Adam Terry, when they picked Roscoe Parrish. That was one of the most questionable decisions of the entire draft IMO. Terry was a three year starter at left tackle for Syracuse and while he'll never be mistaken for Walter Jones, he could become a solid Jason Fabini type of left tackle.
One thing in the Bills favor in regards to the OL, is that their OL coach is Jim McNally, who is also among the very best OL coaches in the entire league right there with Hudson Houck. McNally has a history of getting the most out of some very average groups of talent during his tenure of coaching in the NFL.

Thanks for keeping us abreast of the enemy's training camp. It would be cool if other fans in Foxboro and New York could do the same, though I'd never ask someone to endure that pain.

I'm also pleased you're giving an unbiased account. I expected a report that so-and-so sucks... our defense/offense smokes these guys... etc.

It was just one shade above that......

Even the bills defenders are talking about how much faster this offense is this year......

JP Losman has slightly above average arm strength? Come on man....NOBODY is saying that not reporters, commentators, nobody....Losman has a arm that can make ANY throw.....he is just young, inexperienced, and used to scrambling.

We have issues at left tackle....but our guards are excellent....our center is experienced....and our right tackle is looking very good.....an extra blocker on the left side will help that.

I am not saying the bills offense doesn't have a way to go....it does....but lets not forget who went 9-7 with and offense that sputtered the whole way.

It's too early to tell if Gandy is going to play well. Gandy is coming into camp after being out of the swing of things for a while. Most of the reports on him suggest that yes, he was looking very rusty and just plain bad the first couple of days, but has steadily improved since the start of camp. I have read people saying they were pleasantly surprised with him along with his quickness and athleticism.

We have two new starters on the left side of our line, it is going to take more than half of a week in training camp for them to get used to each other, the rest of the line, and the quarterback. I expect Gandy and Anderson to be dominated in the beginning of training camp. Brand new guys going against our elite defense who returned 10/11 starters from 2004 should get dominated.

JP is further ahead than I expected. He is throwing a lot of good balls and some bad ones. He moves very well and is making good decisions. JP hasn't thrown an int in camp yet, I can't ask for much more than that. Losman is showing that he is learning more and more with each rep and he is gaining a lot of confidence.

For a better look at the bills watch the buffalo/green bay scrimmage on friday on NFL network. That should be a pretty good assessment of where the team is.

Look for the offense to really kick it into gear as training camp rolls on. At this stage, I am very satisfied with where the bills are at.

John from Hemet said:
It was just one shade above that......

Even the bills defenders are talking about how much faster this offense is this year......
JP Losman has slightly above average arm strength? Come on man....NOBODY is saying that not reporters, commentators, nobody....Losman has a arm that can make ANY throw.....he is just young, inexperienced, and used to scrambling.

We have issues at left tackle....but our guards are excellent....our center is experienced....and our right tackle is looking very good.....an extra blocker on the left side will help that.

I am not saying the bills offense doesn't have a way to go....it does....but lets not forget who went 9-7 with and offense that sputtered the whole way.

Of course the Bills offense will be faster. Bledsoe was a very slow QB, which made things slower for the team. Losman is a much, much younger QB and he also can run, unlike Bledsoe. You guys also have a very speedy Parish.

Back
Top Bottom