The Western Conference Finals Thread: Phoenix Suns vs. the Dallas Mavericks | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Western Conference Finals Thread: Phoenix Suns vs. the Dallas Mavericks

Wagon Circler said:
Good thing your idiotic opinion doesn't matter. Not only is your opinion idiotic, it's also misinformed. Did you even watch suns games this post season? Everytime the suns were facing elimination Nash put up monster numbers, except for tonight.

Criticizing Steve Nash after how far he took this band of rag-tag players just shows your ignorance. Nash creates all of the offense for the suns with Amare out of the lineup. And I bet the MVP trophy has a great chance of staying in the desert next year. If its not won by Nash, Amare will have a great chance at it.

The suns aren't going anywhere. They will be an elite team for many years to come and this team will win a championship.

Idiotic opinion? :lol:

Okay, and what makes you think that your opinion matters? Just take a look at your avatar - you even admit to being a homer. Why would anybody take YOUR opinion seriously? You must have man-love for Nash, otherwise you wouldn't be offended enough to call somebody's opinion "idiotic"

It's idiotic to call LeBron James the true MVP of this league? 31-7-7? LeBron James doesn't have any help at all on the offensive end, nothing. All he has is a load of low percentage shooters. I like Larry Hughes because of what he does defensively, but offensively, he's not a good sidekick for LeBron. Nash on the other hand? Nash is loaded and surrounded with scorers, and that team doesn't play defense outside of Raja Bell (not to mention, Steve Nash in the lower-tier of defenders in the NBA), so offense is all you look at. Boris Diaw, Raja Bell, Tim Thomas, Shawn Marion, Leandro Barbosa, Eddie House, James Jones - all of these guys can score well whenever they're in the game.

Yes, I've watched the playoffs this year, last year, the year before, etc. You must've just started watching it in 2004-2005 after the season Phoenix had that year, because obviously you're displaying a lack of knowledge. You wonna bring up Steve Nash's stats? Sorry, but in the playoffs, stats don't make for anything. When you're playing a LOAD of close, competitive games, what matters the most is how you perform in the clutch. I've seen every Suns playoff game this year, and Steve Nash has turned the ball over in the clutch more than he's scored or made a great pass. That is not opinionated, that is factual. Take a look at every close Suns victory in the postseason - who hit those big shots? That's right - it's always Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, or Tim Thomas. Steve Nash basically threw the season down the drain in the first round of the playoffs, yet it was Tim Thomas who bailed the team out and left an empty look on LAL's faces. Ask the Lakers fans, ask the Clippers fans, ask the Mavs fans (well, the Mavs fans who aren't still in "love" with Nash since his days there). As I've said numerous times, the guy is a great offensive player and a tremendous leader with the perfect heart and passion for the game. Nothing more, nothing less.

You're blinded by your "love" for Nash. He's not the God of the courts - get over it.

Blueprint said:
Idiotic opinion? :lol:

Okay, and what makes you think that your opinion matters? Just take a look at your avatar - you even admit to being a homer. Why would anybody take YOUR opinion seriously? You must have man-love for Nash, otherwise you wouldn't be offended enough to call somebody's opinion "idiotic"

It's idiotic to call LeBron James the true MVP of this league? 31-7-7? LeBron James doesn't have any help at all on the offensive end, nothing. All he has is a load of low percentage shooters. I like Larry Hughes because of what he does defensively, but offensively, he's not a good sidekick for LeBron. Nash on the other hand? Nash is loaded and surrounded with scorers, and that team doesn't play defense outside of Raja Bell (not to mention, Steve Nash in the lower-tier of defenders in the NBA), so offense is all you look at. Boris Diaw, Raja Bell, Tim Thomas, Shawn Marion, Leandro Barbosa, Eddie House, James Jones - all of these guys can score well whenever they're in the game.

Yes, I've watched the playoffs this year, last year, the year before, etc. You must've just started watching it in 2004-2005 after the season Phoenix had that year, because obviously you're displaying a lack of knowledge. You wonna bring up Steve Nash's stats? Sorry, but in the playoffs, stats don't make for anything. When you're playing a LOAD of close, competitive games, what matters the most is how you perform in the clutch. I've seen every Suns playoff game this year, and Steve Nash has turned the ball over in the clutch more than he's scored or made a great pass. That is not opinionated, that is factual. Take a look at every close Suns victory in the postseason - who hit those big shots? That's right - it's always Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, or Tim Thomas. Steve Nash basically threw the season down the drain in the first round of the playoffs, yet it was Tim Thomas who bailed the team out and left an empty look on LAL's faces. Ask the Lakers fans, ask the Clippers fans, ask the Mavs fans (well, the Mavs fans who aren't still in "love" with Nash since his days there). As I've said numerous times, the guy is a great offensive player and a tremendous leader with the perfect heart and passion for the game. Nothing more, nothing less.

You're blinded by your "love" for Nash. He's not the God of the courts - get over it.
You are hilarious lol. It's easy to bash the guy at the top of the mountain. Look at all those players you mentioned...no names. They come to Phoenix and are miraculously reborn. Why? Steve Nash.

Sure Tim Thomas and Raja Bell made fantastic shots, but because of that we have to put down Nash? Guess what..Nash didn't have the ball, they did. If you watch closely, when Tim Thomas did his initial pump fake on that last shot Nash was open calling for the ball 4 feet away from Thomas. You can't fault Nash for not having the ball.

Let's talk about how clutch your mvp is..He barely got his team out of the Wizards series when in most cases there was eight cavaliers on the floor (5 players and 3 officials.) I bet a lot of NBA players would be clutch if rules were ignored for them too. The league is in such a hurry to crown LeBron as the new Jordan they are doing everything they can to create it. Like blatantly handing his team playoff wins based on the name on the back of his jersey. You can say what you want, but the Wizards outplayed the Cavs in that series and would have won if the officials weren't wearing their big 'LeBron is number 1' foam fingers.

LeBron is a great player, a freak of nature by all means. Manchild. He'll win an MVP trophy soon enough. But the recent criticism of Nash is unfair and unfounded.

Steve Nash is god of the courts according to those people with opinions that matter. LeBron lost - get over it.

And about the homer thing...maybe you should examine my name, avatar, sig, and the text under my avatar a bit closer. Let's see if you can put two and two together.

Blueprint said:
Thank you.

He has done absolutely nothing in the clutch this ENTIRE postseason but turn the ball over. He shouldn't of been crownd to begin with. I respect Nash as a player and person, but I don't respect his MVP title. As far as I'm concerned, he's not the 2005-2006 MVP of this league.

I'm been calling LeBron James the MVP since the trophy was given out. I'll continue to do so, because he is the MVP. This is coming from a Dwyane Wade fan. Hate it or love it.......

:cooldude:
time to grow up.

Wagon Circler said:
And about the homer thing...maybe you should examine my name, avatar, sig, and the text under my avatar a bit closer. Let's see if you can put two and two together.

if a team could win a title without even concerning themselves with defense or the clock, don't you think the sacramento kings would have won one in the late '90's or early '00's?

Wagon Circler said:
You are hilarious lol. It's easy to bash the guy at the top of the mountain. Look at all those players you mentioned...no names. They come to Phoenix and are miraculously reborn. Why? Steve Nash.

Sure Tim Thomas and Raja Bell made fantastic shots, but because of that we have to put down Nash? Guess what..Nash didn't have the ball, they did. If you watch closely, when Tim Thomas did his initial pump fake on that last shot Nash was open calling for the ball 4 feet away from Thomas. You can't fault Nash for not having the ball.

Let's talk about how clutch your mvp is..He barely got his team out of the Wizards series when in most cases there was eight cavaliers on the floor (5 players and 3 officials.) I bet a lot of NBA players would be clutch if rules were ignored for them too. The league is in such a hurry to crown LeBron as the new Jordan they are doing everything they can to create it. Like blatantly handing his team playoff wins based on the name on the back of his jersey. You can say what you want, but the Wizards outplayed the Cavs in that series and would have won if the officials weren't wearing their big 'LeBron is number 1' foam fingers.

LeBron is a great player, a freak of nature by all means. Manchild. He'll win an MVP trophy soon enough. But the recent criticism of Nash is unfair and unfounded.

Steve Nash is god of the courts according to those people with opinions that matter. LeBron lost - get over it.

Basically, you ignored everything I've said. Maybe you should take a look around the forums a bit where I've stated about 1,500 times that the Wizards not only outplayed the Cavs, but the refs stole that series from them after LeBron's blatant travel in Game 3. I was called a "LeBron hater" for that. Maybe you should take a look around the forums next time.

Steve Nash? God of the courts? You just lost all of your credibility by naming Nash "God" of the courts - that's absurd. Maybe he is MVP Caliber, but he's not the best player in the NBA. There's a huge difference. LeBron is better. Kobe is better. Wade is better. Duncan is still better. Dirk is better. Stop overrating Steve Nash, and hop off the sack for a bit. It's disgusting. I gave the man credit for what he is, but he isn't even a complete player - the guy doesn't play defense! :shakeno: - and sorry, but the opinions that matter? What an immature/ridiculous statement. I assume your opinion matters, right? Please.

And I don't care if you're a Bills fan. I know that. You don't need me to look at the title under your avatar - it's obvious. I assume that you're a Suns fan, however. This has nothing to do with the Bills/Dolphins. Why the hell would it? :rolleyes2

UF Fin Kat said:
time to grow up.
Time to grow up? What exactly was immature about my response? I did something that you've never done yet, which is explain my statements and back them up with my actual opinions. You, on the other hand, make 1-line posts and roll your eyes at other's without even backing yourself up.

Blueprint said:
Basically, you ignored everything I've said. Maybe you should take a look around the forums a bit where I've stated about 1,500 times that the Wizards not only outplayed the Cavs, but the refs stole that series from them after LeBron's blatant travel in Game 3. I was called a "LeBron hater" for that. Maybe you should take a look around the forums next time.

Steve Nash? God of the courts? You just lost all of your credibility by naming Nash "God" of the courts - that's absurd. Maybe he is MVP Caliber, but he's not the best player in the NBA. There's a huge difference. LeBron is better. Kobe is better. Wade is better. Duncan is still better. Dirk is better. Stop overrating Steve Nash, and hop off the sack for a bit. It's disgusting. I gave the man credit for what he is, but he isn't even a complete player - the guy doesn't play defense! :shakeno: - and sorry, but the opinions that matter? What an immature/ridiculous statement. I assume your opinion matters, right? Please.

And I don't care if you're a Bills fan. I know that. You don't need me to look at the title under your avatar - it's obvious. I assume that you're a Suns fan, however. This has nothing to do with the Bills/Dolphins. Why the hell would it? :rolleyes2

Time to grow up? What exactly was immature about my response? I did something that you've never done yet, which is explain my statements and back them up with my actual opinions. You, on the other hand, make 1-line posts and roll your eyes at other's without even backing yourself up.
It's most valuable player...not most acrobatic/athletic player.

It's hard for you to follow simple posts I see. People with opinions that matter are those who vote for the mvp. And that's not you.

Yes, but Blueprint also said "MVP" means most valuable player, and not necessarily "best" player, and that's true, which WAgon Circler ignored. The best player in the league is not necessarily the most valuable because perhaps there are other weapons all around him on the team that offset his loss if he's not playing.

RobFins2005 said:
Yes, but Blueprint also said "MVP" means most valuable player, and not necessarily "best" player, and that's true, which WAgon Circler ignored. The best player in the league is not necessarily the most valuable because perhaps there are other weapons all around him on the team that offset his loss if he's not playing.

Thank you.

I never said or think that Nash is the best player in the league. He won most valuable player. He is the mvp to the success of his team. An elite team.

It doesn't take a magnifying glass to see that LeBron or Kobe trump Nash when it comes to raw athletic ability. So let's deny Nash's MVP trophy based on that?

I hate Tim Thomas and the Suns, I hope they get killed next year in the playoffs, even with Amare

Back
Top Bottom