Thigpen= worst return man I hav ever seen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thigpen= worst return man I hav ever seen

Thigpen has been a real disappointment but what I find worse is not bad play just from the return man, it's that between Thigpen's spotty returns and the seemingly constant penalties on the blockers, we seem to be starting at our own time an unbelievable percentage of our kickoffs. This is practically a drive killer before the drive has even started because our offensive line's weak pass protection can turn any mistake into 7 for the other team. Our play calling is dictated by this and it demands that the QB get rid of the ball incredibly fast, which has forced some mistakes in reading the defense and locating defenders. The pick 6 last week can be attributed to this.

It's a shame we are remembering this about Thigpen after a game in which he scored one of the biggest Dolphins TD's in recent years.

Yep. Its almost to the point where we'd be better off with nobody back for a return. The next one he returns, if he ever does, will be 50/50 it gets called back and we end up with worse starting position. Plus, like I said you can tell Rizzi gets on Philbin's nerves during the game. I'm gonna make a video of Philbin having to tell him to shut the **** up while he's trying to be the head coach in a critical position.

I was personally at Buffalo last year and at Pittsburgh last week. I am very thankful for Thigpen's contribution today but he is a horrific returner. He was not covered for a reason today. He is a terrible decision maker with the ball. As a returner he routinely has 8-10 yds that he does not take. He runs east-west and south. He has trouble making a decision. Please, please get another returner on special teams, I HATE this guy.

For some reason Thigpen has lost any modest burst that he once had.

It's like he's two steps slower this year than last.

LD

the worse?? did you forget Ted Ginn..and how about Devone Bess..he would fair catch everything...even if it was on the 1 yd line.

For some reason Thigpen has lost any modest burst that he once had.

It's like he's two steps slower this year than last.

LD

I don't think it as lack of burst as much as decision making and vision. He rarely gets a chance, either through poor blocking or his own decision making, to show what he does have, though I will say that his burst has never been as explosive as the most of the leagues above average return men.

Thanks for the TD today, Thigpen. That being said, he needs to be replaced next year.

This guy does NOTHING every week but they keep trotting him out there. What the heck am I missing?

I feel your pain.....when he's back fielding punts it's always like something BAD is going to happen :-(

Back
Top Bottom