This changes my reaction to Newton's Press Conference | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This changes my reaction to Newton's Press Conference

Kid just came off the biggest high and then let down of his career. Did he handle it the right way, no. Is it a big deal, no.

Move along people, I'd be willing to bet you have all had worse reaction when someone cuts you off in traffic.

I had better reactions when I was a little kid to losing a game.

I don't mind him dancing and talking trash, but don't then
be mad when somone feeds it back to you. To quote Cam...

"Too bad they don't make bandaids for feelings."

[video=youtube_share;8Ie8MJBRqLs]http://youtu.be/8Ie8MJBRqLs[/video]

The more I have thought about this the more I think I would rather someone walk off from the interview than just sit there and give non-answers or not answer at all. To be honest I have always thought making those guys talk when they don't want to, especially after a loss, is in poor taste. If you want to talk to the losers give them a day to cool off then talk to them.

The more I have thought about this the more I think I would rather someone walk off from the interview than just sit there and give non-answers or not answer at all. To be honest I have always thought making those guys talk when they don't want to, especially after a loss, is in poor taste. If you want to talk to the losers give them a day to cool off then talk to them.
They made us shake hands with the winning team in little league. Or them shake hands with us. It was half hearted,
and uncomfortable, but what it was aimed to teach was no matter what you are feeling at the end of the
day you play as hard as you can, do the best that you can, and if that isn't enough, it sucks, but that's how
it is.

Don't cry if you're the loser...Don't gloat in front of the losers if you are the winner.

I don't think those lessons are bad. People talk about how they don't want "fake" this or
that, but we all lie for whatever reasons, all the time. The reason we do it is to spare feelings
because that's the right thing to do.

If the rush linebacker reacts poorly...eh...He's sorta wired tight. If the defensive back reacts poorly..
Eh..He's an emotional player. People expect maturity and good choices from a QB, as kids do from parents.
That's part of what a QB is, and is expected to be.

Dad/mom didn't want to work three jobs, 80 hours a week to
keep food on the table, but that's what he did kind of thing. Dad/mom had to make good choices to raise
you. Even if they were hard choices. Choices they didn't like to make. Choices made in adversity.

If Cam is going to talk trash all season, he can take a couple of minutes out of his
lonely, sorry pity pot crying time and handle the business at hand. It's complete horse ****
to not hold him to that standard, which is a very low one indeed.

No excuses. Was what Chris Harris was saying wrong? He wasn't dropping F bombs and saying Newton is dog****.

He was giving a candid assessment or the game plan...Which worked.

They put it on Cam...Who crumpled under adversity, like Wade Philips thought he would.

He was giving a candid assessment or the game plan...Which worked.

They put it on Cam...Who crumpled under adversity, like Wade Philips thought he would.

It's the same as people complaining about Cam Newton's dancing and Superman routine. Don't like it? Stop him. Don't like Chris Harris's PC? Your team should've beat Denver.

[video=youtube;X5rkQRpIAoo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5rkQRpIAoo[/video]

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

VonMillerBlunt-1.jpg

This makes me understand why he walked off. Doesn't justify the attitude during the whole thing but makes it much more understandable. Shame on the NFL for such a lousy arrangement.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000634653/article/cam-leaves-abruptly-after-harris-boasts-within-earshot

I had heard there were Donkeys DB's in the background taunting Cam. It doesn't excuse how Newton handled it but it at least provides insight into motive.

I am going to beat a drum I beat frequently.... WR's & DB's should not be allowed to talk.... R Sherman being the exception.

Back
Top Bottom