This crazy "throw to our TEs" thing just might work..................... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This crazy "throw to our TEs" thing just might work.....................

LikeUntoGod

The Oracle
Reaction score
If someone could help me with the C Clay numbers that would be great.

The way I understand it, up to this game, Fasano has been thrown to 13 times and had 10 catches for 152 yards with 1 touchdown. Against the Chiefs, I believe he was thrown to 3 times and had 2 catches for 2 touchdowns.

So this season, he has been thrown to 16 times and has caught 12 of them for 3 touchdowns and a 15.8 yard per catch average.

I think Clay was thrown to 4 times (or was it 5?) and had 3 catches for 50 yards. For the season he has 7 catches for 129 yards which is 18.4 yard a catch.

Both TEs lead all Dolphins in yards per catch.

Give it up to our gameplan and our unreal OL blocking and to Matt Moore rolling out which allowed our TEs to finally go out and catch passes.

It does make you wonder where all this has been.

Fasano is a "good soldier" and does not complain about having to block 90% of the time.

I hope this game has shown our own coaches how important TEs are and extra important in the redzone.

Clay's averaging over 18 yards per reception. Yes, you have to throw to the TEs in the NFL now that defenders can't make contact downfield and you can't hit guys who are going up for a reception.

Our coaching staff has obviously under utilized Clay this season, but I can think of 2 things in their defense for not using the TE very much this year.

1. We've had to use the TE to cover Colombo.

I think part of the reason we can't use Fasano as much is because he has to stay in and block most of the time. With a better RT and a healthy Jake Long our coaching staff would be able to send our TE out on pass patterns more often. Against KC, Jake made Hali disappear and KC couldn't get pressure on the QB from anyone else. So our TE's are able to be used.

2. Charles Clay injury put him behind and he's just now getting fully caught up

Clay first catch came against SD, the Dolphins 4th game and his 2nd back from injury. Since than, it's been noted that Clay hasn't recieved as much PT as some people would like. It's a possibility with Clay's injury, that he only has specific packages installed for him at the beginning of the season. If that is true than we might start seeing more and more PT for Clay.

Clay should have had a TD vs the Jets but no one saw him standing all alone in the endzone

Clay has really played well for being a late rounder imo. He had some good blocking on Reggie's run too

2 of his catches he burned Brandon Flower one of the top CBs in the league. Take that for what it's worth.

Coaching staff finally figured out something that we've all been clamoring for for like 3 years..

It's funny how the whole fan base knew this besides the coaching staff.

ROFL.

YOU GOT IT.

Not only are these two TEs leading all our WRs in yards per catch, but Fasano easily catches a higher percentage of the passes throw his way then any other Dolphin WR.

Think about that.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/11/16/2504340/fasanos-success-has-coincided.html

[h=3]By MANNY NAVARRO[/h] [h=3]mnavarro@MiamiHerald.com[/h] When you add up his stats over the past two weeks — five catches, 98 yards and two touchdowns — Anthony Fasano’s output compares favorably with some of the NFL’s elite pass-catching tight ends.

But for the sixth-year veteran, who hardly sees passes thrown his way in the Dolphins’ offensive system, what he has done the past two Sundays is more like amping his game up to the extreme. Without Fasano’s late-game catches Sunday, the Dolphins probably wouldn’t have beaten the Redskins. Without his two touchdown catches the week prior, the Dolphins probably wouldn’t have had such an easy time waltzing past Kansas City either.

On Sunday against Washington, Fasano caught three of the four passes thrown his way for 60 yards, including two crucial catches on the game-clinching touchdown drive. One was an 11-yard catch on third-and-8. Another was an eye-opening, one-handed grab for 21 yards on second-and-9 to move Miami into scoring range.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/11/16/2504340/fasanos-success-has-coincided.html#ixzz1dt5y3lrZ

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...making-the-most-of-his-limited-opportunities/

His stats aren’t exactly sexy – just 15 catches through nine games, for 250 yards and three touchdowns. That’s 1.67 catches, 27.8 yards and 0.33 touchdowns per game.

But the raw numbers don’t illustrate the importance of Fasano, the Dolphins’ sixth-year tight end. Without him, the Dolphins probably don’t defeat the Redskins on Sunday.

For the season, Fasano has only been targeted 20 times, but he’s caught 15 of the passes, averages 15.8 yards per reception (seventh-best among 62 tight ends) and, most importantly, has not dropped a pass all season.

By comparison, Jimmy Graham has been targeted 104 times this year. Jason Witten is second with 73. Fasano’s 20 targets ranks him in the low 30s among tight ends.

But he might be getting into a good rhythm with new quarterback Matt Moore. Seven of his receptions, and all three of his touchdowns, have come in the last four games with Moore at the helm.

Its kinda funny how fasano has been playing well. I pointed out months ago that I thought henne didn't look his way much. Penny used him alot.

Most posters on here thought fasano was trash but I knew better

Back
Top Bottom