This Decade's Biggest Mistake And Biggest Wise Desision Of The Franchise? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Decade's Biggest Mistake And Biggest Wise Desision Of The Franchise?

In all honesty Saban new he wanted Brees first and foremost. Do you not remember him flying to meet him right after he got off of his plane before he could of even met with New Orleans. Now thats going after what you want. We didnt have the wiggle room salary wise and Culpepper was the fall back option. Who knew he would go from a top 5 qb to a back up at best?? His knee?? We were all worried about the shoulder (many of us).

As for worst decision (assuming this isnt a playout of 4 years like wanstache) im going with AJ Feely, that was a waste of a 2nd round pick, and a year of dolphin football , I can understand a steal when it comes to trades but a high 2nd to a 3rd string QB with nothing going for him?? LOL

Best decision is obvious

Agreed. Despite going 10-6 in 2003, it was obvious that Dave Wannstedt couldn't get it done despite having good talent on the defense and a stud RB in Ricky. He should have been fired the day after we beat the Jets in 2003.
Love your sig

I remember doing an epic facepalm in my car when I heard we got Culpepper.

Cam Cameron's hiring ulitimately turned out to be the worst move, although at the time he was hired, he was considered one of the best assistant coaches available. Still is a pretty darn good Assistant coach.

And I still can't believe that Fiedler takes as much slack on this board as he does. Compared to what this team endured over the last few years, Fiedler would have been considered a God-send. The guy may not have been the most physically talented guys in the world, but he worked his a-- off and made the most of what he had. And he led this team to alot of victories. The guy was all heart. I watched some of the Monday Night Miracle game the other night on NFLN, and he really impressed me on some plays.

Best move seems to be bringing Dallas Cowboys East onboard. They've righted the ship, or at least took us off course from becoming Cincinnati 2.0.

Don't you remember how frustrating it was to have a really good defense and Ricky Williams ripping it up and Fiedler dragging down the whole team? Wannsdedt stubbornly stuck with him, and both of them went down with the ship, as predicted by Wanny. Fiedler seemed like a good guy and tried hard, but at the end of the day he wasn't good enough, bottom line. Add to the greatest dumb*** moves- Wanny the idiot drafts Jamar Fletcher over Drew Brees. Moron. Then he couldn't close the deal for Hasslebeck, got outmaneuvered at literally the last minute.

I think that if Huizenga were asked the question it would be:

1. Hiring Wannsdedt/blindly taking Jimmy Johnson's word on doing so.
2. Hiring Cameron

Smartest- Hiring Parcells.

And I have to add one more best move- signing Pennington.

Agreed. Despite going 10-6 in 2003, it was obvious that Dave Wannstedt couldn't get it done despite having good talent on the defense and a stud RB in Ricky. He should have been fired the day after we beat the Jets in 2003.

In a meaningless game Dumstedt ran RW like what, 30 or 40 times? That was a major factor in RW telling Wanny to shove it, that he didn't want to end up crippled like Earl Campbell because he had a head coach stupid enough to run him into the ground for no good reason, and a coach that couldn't or wouldn't find a better QB and balance out the offense. I know that it's piling on, but Wannsedt was just plain stupid, and for that matter Cameron lacked the balls to be a head coach and lost the respect of the team. Both blew, and blew hard.

One of the worst things that happened to the Dolphins was the Ravens winning with Trent Dilfer at QB. Wannstink decided at that point all we needed was a caretaker at the position as well and that is why we were stuck with Fiedler so long.

The worst coaching decision goes to Wannstink as well. That last game in 2002 against the Pats, we win were in the playoffs, loser stays home. Ricky was killing the Pats all day, we have the ball with like a 2 point lead with just a couple of minutes to go. We have the ball at our 10, all we need is to kill the clock and Run Ricky Run. What does that idiot do? 3 straight pass plays, only takes what 15 seconds of the clock, we shank the punt, Pats move the ball a few yards and kick the game winner. We go home. Stupidest play calling I have ever seen at ANY level.

Back
Top Bottom