This is a fantastic read for the Grier bashers | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is a fantastic read for the Grier bashers

Some people see the successful picks, others just see the not successful picks.....it isn't going to change

From my perspective, I think Grier has done well and has positioned this team for on going success. His performance this year in reaction to losing Wilkins and Hunt was outstanding and he managed to do more with less than I think any of us expected....and he is still at it

He and McD seem to have a great relationship and work well together.....Ross likes them both and we are seeing players from around the league wanting to come to Miami and be associated with out team!

This is a good time to be a Fins fan!

Grier reminds me of the old Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon. He was good enough to get the Panthers out of the cellar, but not good enough to make the team a perennial playoff powerhouse. That was current GM Bill Zito who did that. Grier needs to go as he's worn out his welcome here. A new GM is needed to get the team just from making the playoffs to actually WINNING in the playoffs.

In a court of law, there is a "presumption of innocence until proven guilty".

Around here it should be a "presumption of ignorance until proven that a poster knows what he is talking about". - LOL

The anti-Grier crowd is made up of individuals who view that every decision they have made in their own lives have been perfect.

Grier has obviously made mistakes in some of his decisions as the teams GM but the fact is he has gone from one of the worst rosters in the league in 2019 to one of the most talented rosters in the entire league going into last season.

Unfortunately two of his best draft picks left after the season in free agency because of the Cap and his free agent signing of Williams proved to be an excellent signing before he went down with a serious leg injury.

The trades for Hill and Ramsey are two of the best trades in the NFL in years.

Grier has proved he is in the top tier of GM’s in the league and I say that even though I was not happy with his first two picks in this years draft. While I wouldn’t have drafted Robinson and Paul with those picks. I believe in Grier and the coaches enough to give him and the coaches the benefit of the doubt on both those selections.

Grier deserves no credit for draft picks nor any blame. He's one voice in the room. His grades are for cap management, salary negotiation, player trades, and any in-draft trades. For those, I think he's done quite well.

Grier has drafted and traded for many players and the pieces are in place and now it's up to the coaches to do their job.
If we weren't decimated by injuries last season we would have had a chance to get to the Superbowl.
The talent is there.
Now McDaniel learn to win in cold away tough games.
Tua will be great this season.
Top 3 Q.B
The point no one mentions until you just did is that pre-McD, our coaching talent has been abysmal. McD was arm twisted for continuity sake to keep Boyer, then made another mistake hiring that dinosaur Fangio, who wasn’t a good fit with McD’s personality. No one knows for sure but neither seem to be Mcd choices. I suspect Ross was involved in both. Now he has his dude at DC and has brought in a great oline coach which paid dividends last year in sack and the running game. I not only think this is the best player lineup we’ve had in decades but the best coaching staff and FO as well. That will definitely show up in consistency and wins on Sundays.

Question, how many of you think we have a pretty decent team going into OTA's. How many of you were excited about last year's team prior to the season. How many of you were disappointed with the lost FA's this offseason, if you were, those were Grier's picks...enough said.

Grier deserves no credit for draft picks nor any blame. He's one voice in the room. His grades are for cap management, salary negotiation, player trades, and any in-draft trades. For those, I think he's done quite well.

You are making too much sense, and not blaming enough on those not responsible!
What kind of a fan is that? - LOL

Grier has done good things in Miami as our GM. But when the day is done, his job is to build a winning team. I was 12 years old and in Middle School the last time we won a playoff game. I will be 35 in July and have a wife and kids now. A lot has changed in 23 years except 1 thing; we haven’t won a single playoff game.

Well, Grier does have final authority and ultimately a final decision has to be made. He’s responsible for that final decision. But I don’t think he’s one to go against the HC’s wishes so I think all of Grier’s picks likely had HC buy-in. A notable exception, if some stories are to be believed, is Tua, who Flores reportedly didn’t want but Ross did.

Well, Grier does have final authority and ultimately a final decision has to be made. He’s responsible for that final decision. But I don’t think he’s one to go against the HC’s wishes so I think all of Grier’s picks likely had HC buy-in. A notable exception, if some stories are to be believed, is Tua, who Flores reportedly didn’t want but Ross did.
Yea. Flores wanted Justin Fields.

The anti-Grier crowd is made up of individuals who view that every decision they have made in their own lives have been perfect.

Grier has obviously made mistakes in some of his decisions as the teams GM but the fact is he has gone from one of the worst rosters in the league in 2019 to one of the most talented rosters in the entire league going into last season.

Unfortunately two of his best draft picks left after the season in free agency because of the Cap and his free agent signing of Williams proved to be an excellent signing before he went down with a serious leg injury.

The trades for Hill and Ramsey are two of the best trades in the NFL in years.

Grier has proved he is in the top tier of GM’s in the league and I say that even though I was not happy with his first two picks in this years draft. While I wouldn’t have drafted Robinson and Paul with those picks. I believe in Grier and the coaches enough to give him and the coaches the benefit of the doubt on both those selections.
We are not one of the most talented rosters in the league. The glaring holes in the trenches still haven’t been addressed. This is a team not built for the playoffs but hey at least we get to enjoy a flashy regular season before the wheels fall off

Last edited:
Grier reminds me of the old Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon. He was good enough to get the Panthers out of the cellar, but not good enough to make the team a perennial playoff powerhouse. That was current GM Bill Zito who did that. Grier needs to go as he's worn out his welcome here. A new GM is needed to get the team just from making the playoffs to actually WINNING in the playoffs.
Said a guy that picked a questionable moniker to address this forum. We like your judgement...

We are not one of the most talented rosters in the league. The glaring holes in the trenches still haven’t been addressed. This is a team not built for the playoffs but hey at least we get to enjoy a flashy regular season before the wheels fall off

We have fewer and less critical "holes" to be called glaring, unless you are a
Lemming", blinded by the sun. - LOL

We have fewer and less critical "holes" to be called glaring, unless you are a
Lemming", blinded by the sun. - LOL
Yeah whatever that means. Get real bro this team has had the same issues come December and January every year for this build

He’s fine, he doesn’t need vehemently defending for though. An “above average GM” with no major success getting threads every day… it’s tired.

i dont disagree with any of that. I am so stoked on the team.

It changes nothing about what I said. Grier hasn’t done anything for me to fanboy over like some of these threads we get every.single.week.
IMO what's tired is the simplistic "blame the entire outcome on one person" argument. That's the domain of people who don't understand football enough to understand that many people affect the outcome. And it's doubly stupid to blame a playoff drought and losses from before a person even had final say.

I think Grier has been just OK, not terrible and not great. A blind deaf mute could’ve made the Hill and Ramsey trade. His draft picks have some home runs, and also some whiffs. I think his biggest negative is still having one of the poorest offensive lines in football and not locking down our draft picks who an **** early enough.

Back
Top Bottom