This is a fantastic read for the Grier bashers | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is a fantastic read for the Grier bashers

IMO what's tired is the simplistic "blame the entire outcome on one person" argument. That's the domain of people who don't understand football enough to understand that many people affect the outcome. And it's doubly stupid to blame a playoff drought and losses from before a person even had final say.
I don’t blame him for the entire outcome. I just don’t think he’s done anything to the level of the constant need for defense. There are so many threads like this every week.

Did you read my original post? I said “he’s fine” and only 5-10% of our fan base is so anti Grier but yet we get nonstop “for the Grier bashers” as if he’s some saint we’re too blind to see.

I’m not sure how my opinion is edgy - I think he’s fine, he’s mediocre to slightly better, I said “he’s doing amazing things this offseason” I think most people think like this… with 10% who hate him and 10% who love him - and all 20% of those people are wrong.

I don’t blame him for the entire outcome. I just don’t think he’s done anything to the level of the constant need for defense. There are so many threads like this every week.

Did you read my original post? I said “he’s fine” and only 5-10% of our fan base is so anti Grier but yet we get nonstop “for the Grier bashers” as if he’s some saint we’re too blind to see.

I’m not sure how my opinion is edgy - I think he’s fine, he’s mediocre to slightly better, I said “he’s doing amazing things this offseason” I think most people think like this… with 10% who hate him and 10% who love him - and all 20% of those people are wrong.
Where I disagree is that he hasn't been just fine or mediocre. He's easily been better than average. The discussion is whether he's been a top 10 guy or a top 5 guy. I actually think that's so obvious that it doesn't need defending. The only reason there are so many threads is that some can only see the outcome. Those that focus too much on the outcome are bring simplistic and don't seem to understand football. Reality is that many of the guys who were considered the best GMs in history took a long time for their teams to win playoff games or championships. That's b/c it's a team sport and lots of things factor in that are not the fault of the GM. Playoff wins is simply not how smart teams or owners judge a GM's performance.

Where I disagree is that he hasn't been just fine or mediocre. He's easily been better than average. The discussion is whether he's been a top 10 guy or a top 5 guy. I actually think that's so obvious that it doesn't need defending. The only reason there are so many threads is that some can only see the outcome. Those that focus too much on the outcome are bring simplistic and don't seem to understand football. Reality is that many of the guys who were considered the best GMs in history took a long time for their teams to win playoff games or championships. That's b/c it's a team sport and lots of things factor in that are not the fault of the GM. Playoff wins is simply not how smart teams or owners judge a GM's performance.
I get all that.

while you’re busy trying to figure out if he’s top 5 or top 10 (in your opinion), I’ll counterpoint by saying no great GM can be this poor at identifying OL talent through the draft.

I think how critically bad he is in this aspect is what skews him back toward center. I may even say he’s top 10 or top 5 in every category but he gets a bottom 3 grade for OL and that skews him closer to “he’s fine”.

You can disagree - and that’s fine too. I’m not banging the table one way or another for or against the dude just simply stating that these threads are tired and railing against a select few people but making it seem like Grier needs saving from *ALL* the bashing he gets which is simply not reality.

Our drafting got considerably better when Grier took over full control. Is that even debatable? Ireland and Tannenbaum ran this thing into the ground. Ireland was an egotistical head case and if you look at Tannenbaum on TV, he’s either not bright or isn’t a football guy. He’s lost.

I thought it was Jordan Love. Fields wasn't in that draft. If he had lasted one more pick, Flores wanted Andrew Thomas at 5 and Love at 18.
Yes. Thank you for the correction.

He's been the general manager for 9 seasons and worked with 3 coaches, when does he own any of it? He got to select 2 of the 3 coaches he has worked with here.
The team he "fleeced" in Houston rebuilt and won a playoff game in the time it has taken him to brush his masterpiece.
Name a GM in the salary cap era that didn't win a playoff game within the first 3 years as the GM.
Every super bowl winning regime in the salary cap era has at least won a playoff game within the first 3 seasons except for Couhglin's Giants who made the playoffs twice in the first 3 years.
The problem with the organizational structure is the only person that reports to Ross is Grier so of course it's painted in a light favorable to him and how he keeps surviving while going on a decade of zero results.

How many Pro Bowlers has Chris Grier drafted in all his years as a GM?

Are you allergic to a prostate exam if you have one,If not, assume the position and I'll double check lol

No, they can exam you all they want. - LOL

It's like my grandfather used to tell me, when you mess with a bull, you get the horns. - LOL

OK….Let me get this straight…. Eichenberg is a B - ?? Really? Did Grier’s mom write this? Look….He’s got some hits….A lot more misses in the draft….But I judge a GM on playoff wins. Let me repeat that…PLAYOFF WINS.

Grier has how many?? SPOILER ALERT — 0!!

So….For all the Grier Bashers…I’m right there with you.

OK….Let me get this straight…. Eichenberg is a B - ?? Really? Did Grier’s mom write this? Look….He’s got some hits….A lot more misses in the draft….But I judge a GM on playoff wins. Let me repeat that…PLAYOFF WINS.

Grier has how many?? SPOILER ALERT — 0!!

So….For all the Grier Bashers…I’m right there with you.
RONG! - LOL
Ray is Right, again! - LOL

Back
Top Bottom