This is not the final roster... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is not the final roster...

Ol' Saint Nick said:
Russel is more polished than Vick or Gibson plus it's the number 5 receiver, whoever the hell it is, is not likely to get any playing time.

EDIT: Russel is also the gunner on special teams and he can fly.

well said. Granted, Gibson had a good preseason, but he is too inconsistent overall. Vick will be back on our practice squad. Russell, for now, is valuable in two ways - special teams and back up WR.

If we cut Labin/./., whatever his name is we have 5 LB's. I dont see that happening especially since we cut Hodge.

I do see some moves in our future. We definitely sign a rb to fill the open roster spot. Also, when Berger and Toledo get healthy, Wade Smith likely goes and we add a player at another position.

?

armyfinfan said:
What do you mean Labinjo isnt set in stone if he wasnt on the team he wouldnt be on the roster he would of been cut. I dont see him having any trade value. It doesnt make sense to keep him now when you just cut all those players. And if they do end up cutting him that would be pretty f in stupid because we could have kept Beasly just as insurance to Barnes getting hurt.
Not sure where you going with this, but it is not uncommon to cut players in a delayed fashion once others have been claimed off waivers. Labinjo may stick, but I bet there is more talent out there than he demonstrates.

Lee2000

this may not be the final roster, but any new additions from this point on will not play for a couple of weeks.

finnyfan4life said:
this may not be the final roster, but any new additions from this point on will not play for a couple of weeks.

That is true, they will not be ready for the Steelers unless they are ready like Dan Wilkinson.

You replace him with another linebacker....

pacresjt said:
If we cut Labin/./., whatever his name is we have 5 LB's. I dont see that happening especially since we cut Hodge.
There may be someone with more talent out there. There were some good young linebackers out there that play in a 3-4 defense. The Mincey kid from New England is one example.

Lee2000

Everyone keeps bringing up Skyler Green........why?

I know that he played for Saban...but the attraction has to end there.

The Cowboys were desperate for a return man....spending a 4th on Skyler Green to come in and do only that. And they cut him. My friend is a die-hard Cowboy fan and was predicting that Green would be cut after the second pre-season game...he really didn't show anything. And he fumbled twice on returns.

If we were desperate for a returner or a WR, I could see mabye entertaining the idea.....but that isn't the case.

Other than Beasley no other move leaves me scratching my head (and thats only because I thought he was a big pickup for us this offseason, I never really noticed him this preseason, so I'm not mad he was cut). Really, what are people complaining about, the roster had to be cut down and it was. I don't get the big deal.

Back
Top Bottom