Thursday May 6th QB Camp Report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday May 6th QB Camp Report

Finsflurry

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Hey guys, here's a quick update. Bowens was a no-show, and Boston and Moore didn't practice with the team just stretched and did some drills. Another thing I noticed is every practice Wanny and Jay have come out of the facility together...these two need to cut the cord already. They did the same drills and warmups, then lined up and did field goals with a post that was much narrower than normal, and Mare was drilling em all, looks like he regained his form. They then split up and did some drills, the cbs did some interception drills, I noticed Freeman and Banks bobbling the ball alot. The qbs did some deep outs and crosses, the deep out is by far Jay's worst pass, it really exposes his arm and accuracy. Then they scrimmaged...

Fiedler quick slant to Thompson
Fiedler deep in to Chambers (very nice throw)
Fiedler pitch to Williams, three yard loss
Fiedler quick out to Lee
Fiedler quick out to Newson
5 yard run by Minor
Fiedler swing pass to Minor
Feeley overthrow to Williams on swing pass (his worst throw by far)
Feeley incomplete to John Jones
Feeley nice quick slant to Minnis
Feeley quick out to McMichael
Minor 3 yard loss
Minor 5 yard gain

They then did the 2 minute drill, Jay continued to look good while Feeley improved from the scrimmage and threw it well. They then scrimmaged again.

Fiedler deep out to Chambers badly wide (his worst throw)
Fiedler incomplete deep to Thompson
Fiedler quick out to Lee
Fiedler quick out to Newson
Feeley quick out to Minnis
Feeley quick out to Tolver
Feeley over the middle to Lee
Incomplete to Tolver over the middle knocked down by Akins I believe

Overall a pretty good morning, Fiedler was the better qb today by virtue of his consistency, AJ had his moments but I give the nod to Jay. A lot of people in the stands were muttering about how we gave up too much for AJ and he'll be a bust, IMO its way to early to judge that but just trying to show you that some Dolfans are giving up hope already...sorry too pessimistic for me. He'll be fine, just needs to settle in.

Thanks for report Flurry.How did Sage look?

Can't wait to see some preseason action. I really don't think Wannstedt's got this attachment to Jay that everyone thinks he does. He tried to replace him a few times but they weren't successful. Wannstedt changed Spielman's mind about cutting/trading Jay just because DW doesn't want to go into the season with a completely inexperienced QB as his backup, especially since his starter is relatively inexperienced as far as football goes period (only what, 8 games in college, 5 games in the pros)

Thanks for the info, is Sage a Clown that they won't even allow on the field or do they just not like him. Is Feeley's arm noticeably stronger, cause fiedler can barely throw an out, yet alone a deep out. I like Fiedler, but he does not throw the outs well, from what I have seen from him in games over the last few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man. I appreciate your taking an unbiased approach to the reports. Those are the only kind that are of any value to us. I whole heartedly agree with you that it's ridiculous for people to start calling the guy a bust after all of 6 days practice. :shakeno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, is Sage a Clown that they won't even allow on the field or do they just not like him

Neither. He's the 3rd QB. He played in a weird system in college didn't have all that much production but has good physical tools and was viewed as a project. As such, its not wholly surprising to see him spend 3 or 4 years working his way up. Once he makes it to primary backup, unless he's behind a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Brett Favre...then he's very close to starting. An injury and all the sudden he's got his shot.

So Sage would be put in the caterogory as potential. Thanks for the insight, I just know he came from the redskins, Thompson came from the Redskins, I dislike the redskins, don't care for any player who played for them, I think they teach them how to play badly there or something, cause anyone who comes out of there organization seems to suck especially at the WR position.
ala Westbrook, Thrash, the guy who went to new orleans what his name.
I just don't like the Putzskins.

Why does the FO keep saying Sage is going to be an excellent NFL QB one day, but aren't even going to let him be number 2 for us?

Will be interesting to see if Sage gets more opportunity in the pre-season games.

Minus.. sage is garbage... its either Feeley or Fiedler. Sage doesn't and will never have a realistic chance for the starting job

NLude33 said:
Why does the FO keep saying Sage is going to be an excellent NFL QB one day, but aren't even going to let him be number 2 for us?

In no particular order:

1) To keep his morale up; and
2) Because we've got two QBs with starting experience in front of him;
3) (possibly) because he isn't ready.

The practice was decent but the players REALLY pissed people off. 1 person signed autographs today, EVERYONE else just ignored their fans. They have less skills in life then most of their fans yet they believe they are better. Take 10 minutes out of your easy laid back day and sign for a couple people. They better remember, THE FANS ARE THE ONLY REASON THEY HAVE WHAT THEY DO..

Back
Top Bottom