Thursday May 6th QB Camp Report | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday May 6th QB Camp Report

Thanks Flurry, we in the hinterlands love these reports.

Two notes for discussion; What is going on with Timbo? First there was an article about a month back about how he and Chester were losing weight and getting into better shape. Then the first minicamp hits and all the reports say he has gained a lot of weight, in a bad way. Then he is awol for the second camp. This doesn't sound good.

Second, David Boston???? He makes all the workout sessions and other players are quoted as saying he is fitting in very well, then he has a rusty first minicamp and then misses all three days of the second with a shin bruise? A shin bruise? This doesn't sound good either.

outtawack311 said:
The practice was decent but the players REALLY pissed people off. 1 person signed autographs today, EVERYONE else just ignored their fans. They have less skills in life then most of their fans yet they believe they are better. Take 10 minutes out of your easy laid back day and sign for a couple people. They better remember, THE FANS ARE THE ONLY REASON THEY HAVE WHAT THEY DO..

I can speak to this on one minor point. One problem the players have with signings is that they tend to see the same adult faces asking for the signings all the time, only to then go out and sell the item for profit.

I think its wrong for players not to sign for kids, but when the same adults are asking over and over I can see why they dont.

Thanks for the updates and from what im reading sounds like the incumbant starter isnt going to give up with out a fight, I have a very strong feeling that Feeley will not start in 04' :(

FakeSpike13 said:
Minus.. sage is garbage... its either Feeley or Fiedler. Sage doesn't and will never have a realistic chance for the starting job

How is it you know that Sage will never start?

34RWilliams said:
Thanks for the updates and from what im reading sounds like the incumbant starter isnt going to give up with out a fight, I have a very strong feeling that Feeley will not start in 04' :(

Wow, after only a week? I'd hate to have you as my boss.

Again Thank You For All The Insight, My Question Is, Does Feeley Look Like He Is Starting To Grasp The Offense A Little Better? Thanks Again

Kas...Yes he does. He should be much better than fiedler by mid season if not by the start of the season. He is more accurate, just needs to act more on instinct. That will come when he knows the plays inside out and doesnt have to think of every detail about them on the field. Plus he needs to develop timing with recievers.

I'm gonna jump in on the players' side too, it is the same damn people over and over again that screw it up for us collectors, who collect only to keep in our own home and never plan to sell (unless I need some money BADLY, im not at that point yet)....I know one kid that would go and get autographs signed, he would even go in his MICHAEL VICK jersey! Come on now captain obvious....yet he would still get tons and tons of autographs and sell them, half of what he got he would keep. I was at mini-camp in 2003 and all the big guns would skip over me since I wasnt a little kid and I looked like a collector since im 19 i guess...

screw you, you money grubbing a-hole collectors!

(end of vent)

Thanks for report Flurry.How did Sage look?

Sage is strictly the third QB right now, he's not participating in scrimmages at all and is used to just warm up the receivers. I really don't get it because he is just as accurate and has just as good an arm as anyone there, plus we've had him on ice learning the offense for the past 2 years. He is the biggest and fastest QB on our roster and also the highest draft pick, I mean I don't see any real intangibles that Fiedler or Feeley have over him, Feeley just got his break and performed well when Sage has never had the chance. He hasn't shown me anything to think he can't do it.

Thanks for the info, is Sage a Clown that they won't even allow on the field or do they just not like him. Is Feeley's arm noticeably stronger, cause fiedler can barely throw an out, yet alone a deep out.

Feeley's arm is noticeably stronger on some of the tougher throws (deep outs,bombs, etc.) but midrange they are about the same, although when he has been on AJ is more accurate as far as hitting people in stride.

What is going on with Timbo? First there was an article about a month back about how he and Chester were losing weight and getting into better shape. Then the first minicamp hits and all the reports say he has gained a lot of weight, in a bad way. Then he is awol for the second camp. This doesn't sound good.

Second, David Boston???? He makes all the workout sessions and other players are quoted as saying he is fitting in very well, then he has a rusty first minicamp and then misses all three days of the second with a shin bruise? A shin bruise? This doesn't sound good either.

I dont' know where you read that article, I only read ones talking about Chester. As far as the weight, it is definitely very noticeable and he's been struggling in some of the drills, and then he was gone for the whole week...I mean it can't be a good thing, but I'm sure the coaches are aware and taking steps to address the problem.

Boston is less of a concern, although I agree that a shin bruise is kinda gay to be sitting out for, and I hope he doesn't struggle with minor injuries again. I do believe this is a make or break season for him and he knows it so he will try to prove to everyone he can still be one of the best (plus Sullivan is all over him.)

Back
Top Bottom