Tim Lecvik | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tim Lecvik

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I have a quick little update on former camp fodder from last year, QB Tim Lecvik.

Currently, he is the starting QB for the Philadelphia Soul of the Arena Football League. That is the team owned by Jon Bon Jovi. I got a chance to see him Saturday night when he and his team rolled into town to play the San Jose Sabrecats. Anyhow, Tim didn't look too sharp in his team's loss. He threw a couple of touchdowns but a few untimely and costly picks as well. I don't have exact stats but, a lot of his passes were too low and missed wide open receivers.

One funny story though. In AFL games, fans are allowed to sit right on the sidelines basically. The players are literally two feet away at times. I took the opportunity to tell Tim it was no mystery why Miami cut him last year. The very next play he threw a 40 yard touchdown bomb. He just turned and looked at me for about 10 seconds before jogging off to meet his teammates. I just gave him a nice round of applause and tipped my hat to him. His next time down the field, he was driving his team late and threw the game clinching int. I preceded to tell him again, why he was playing here and not in the NFL.

Anyhow, it was a good time out and recommend the AFL to anyone who hasn't gone to a game yet. There is great fan interaction and like I said, you are right down there on the field which is kind of neat.

I took the opportunity to tell Tim it was no mystery why Miami cut him last year. The very next play he threw a 40 yard touchdown bomb. He just turned and looked at me for about 10 seconds before jogging off to meet his teammates. I just gave him a nice round of applause and tipped my hat to him. His next time down the field, he was driving his team late and threw the game clinching int. I preceded to tell him again, why he wa splaying here and no in the NFL.
Damn you're a cruel bastard.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Topdawg13422 said:
I took the opportunity to tell Tim it was no mystery why Miami cut him last year. The very next play he threw a 40 yard touchdown bomb. He just turned and looked at me for about 10 seconds before jogging off to meet his teammates. I just gave him a nice round of applause and tipped my hat to him. His next time down the field, he was driving his team late and threw the game clinching int. I preceded to tell him again, why he wa splaying here and no in the NFL.
Damn you're a cruel bastard.:lol: :lol: :lol:

It was all in good fun. He was playing against the Sabrecats, so I had to razz the guy somewhat. I am not a Sabrecats fan (although the Sabrekittens were mighty fine) but I refuse to root for a team owned by Jon Bon Jovi. Therefore, Lecvik needed to get punished verbally.

I remember QB T. Levcik very well. :)

I was very impressed with him during TC when he was with the Phinz. He's a big guy, with a very strong arm. I was shocked when we cut him in favor of QB Z. Kustok. :confused:

I saw a future NFL QB in T. Levcik. I'm not sure what Dave and Rick saw, but I think TL would have been a possible #2 or #3 right now had we kept him....

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:

One remarkable thing about having Jay Fiedler as your quarterback is that every stronger-armed guy that cycles through training camp immediately garners a following of people who think he should be our guy. That happened with Levcik. Zak Kustok made more plays with his feet and looked scrappier, better able to do well in this offense...and he subsequently beat Levcik. I was however impressed not only with Levcik's strong arm but the touch he displayed on short passes. I think Feeley could use a little of that. When you see reports of a guy looking like he has great armstrength on short passes its because he doesn't have touch. Lucas use to fire his fast ball no matter where the pass was going, even if it was 5 yards away. QBs that do that get victimized by drops a lot, and get balls popped up for interceptions.

Touch, height, and armstrength were Levcik's only good qualities though. He didn't have much of anything else.

ckparrothead said:
One remarkable thing about having Jay Fiedler as your quarterback is that every stronger-armed guy that cycles through training camp immediately garners a following of people who think he should be our guy.

I think all it says is how little importants the FO puts in the QB position, sad really... Jay has so few skills but he seems to beat out every QB that comes threw camp, amazing isn't it? We needed a new O-line, QB and HC to become a competetive team well at least we are a third of the way to winning a SB.

Fiedler has plenty of talent, and plenty of talent around him. I forget what the fans were saying when Dan threw 17 INT's his last year. I am sure it wasn't, oh Dan, you are still the man. in 1999, we didn't have as good of defense, and our offense wasn't nearly as stacked as it is now. Granted, do I want to add to this offense, yes, I want another reciever, but many teams would do anything for the players we have. 2 super star recievers, a super star running back, a great TE, and a young O-line, with a lot of "on paper" talent. Granted Jay is not the best Quarterback in the world, and my entire confidence will never be there in the big game, but hey, the guy is our QB, and we have a great team, so it can be worse. I do add, Ogun for Burress and a pick would be an awesome trade. We sign Burress up, for nothing nearly to what Ogun wants, then we sign CC, and we are on our way, with D-boss. Best wr core in NFL.

I saw a game yesterday between scotland and some other team (sorry I dont have much info but not a huge AFL guy). The qb was a miami guy too but on the opposing team was alfonso roundtree. He made one of the most amazing picks I have seen in a while. It was Surtain-esque. The ball was 3 yards behind him, on a full run, and he one handed the pick. If you get the chance to see some highlights, do it. I am sure it will be there and would be worth a look. :jawdrop: :up:

Burress is a headcase, wants a lot of money too, drops too many balls, is not in camp, he is not a hard worker, how can that be a good trade

I don't think we necessarily need a new HC to win the super bowl. I also think the talent level on this team that we've been talking about over the years is overrated. I feel like we have as good a shot this year or better than we have in recent years though. Last year we could say that with a straight face, and sure enough we improved our record to 10-6 (and still missed the playoffs...in a weird occurrance that hadn't been repeated yet since like 1980 something).

Thats what ya gotta look at. At worst we have the same QB situation as last year. At worst, we have about the same defense as last year if not better due to the coverage improvement from nickel and dime corners Howard and Poole as opposed to T-Buck and Freeman (who is a safety). We also have improvements in safety depth and speed if not necessarily talent (Marion probably still more talented than Freeman/Edwards/Bell), as well as improvements in LB depth (Moore returning, Bua, Pope). Our DL should be about the same, just a year older...except David Bowens' return should help infuse a little more energy into the unit.

Can the OL be worst than last year? Doubtful. What is definitely better though, is the addition of David Boston. Ok even the doubters who harp on Boston's shin splint and his lacsidaisical approach to showing up for on-field coach pep talks, have to admit that a San Diego David Boston, is still head and shoulders above a Miami Derrius Thompson. And what if the guy that comes to play isn't the San Diego David Boston...what if its the Arizona David Boston? Well then...

Our schedule is also improved, as per the concensus. Just thought I would throw that out there.

So what we've done, is we've improved. How much? Only time will tell. It may not be by much, just a game...or maybe we improved only enough to keep us afloat while teams begin to exploit a weakness that went unexploited in 2003. Or maybe we improved enough such that the whole season doesn't go down the toilet when an injury occurs. Still, we've improved...and thats a successful offseason.

People look at the Patriots offseason this year, and point. But where's the logic in that? Don't bother looking there until you see what they do in 2004. Look at offseason 2003 and see what they did. They got Rosey Colvin, and subsequently lost him...so, you gotta toss that out. What they did, is they took what they had in 2002 that went 9-7 and missed the playoffs, they cut out some of the fat, and improved. It wasn't vast improvement (remember, cuz they lost Colvin). They took a retread like Ted Washington, made the most out of him. They drafted Ty Warren and Bethel Johnson, and Eugene Wilson. They got rid of Tebuckey Jones and replaced him with Rodney Harrison who is just as good. They got rid of Lawyer Milloy, but after all, he was just a safety...

I remember looking at the AFC East last offseason and thinking the Pats are still the team to beat even while everyone and their sister claimed it would be Buffalo...because what we did last offseason, cut some fat and mainly kept everyone we wanted to keep and improved the team, thats what the Pats did right up til the very end when they cut Lawyer Milloy. I still believe that was a mistake, however, its not exactly a make-or-break position, strong safety, is it? They already had one of the best Strong Safeties in the game trying to make the transition to Free Safety, in Rodney Harrison, and most guys if they are good coverage corners and can tackle well, they play free safety well too.

Major acquisition? David Boston replaces James McKnight.
Major loss? Brock Marion is lost and replaced by Arturo Freeman, Antuan Edwards, or a Yeremiah Bell who is finally recovered from injury. Todd Wade is replaced by rookie first round OT standout Vernon Carey.

I look at that and I see what we did last year, in replacing Derrick Rodgers with Junior Seau...Jamar Fletcher with T-Buck, Arturo Freeman with Sammy Knight, and whoever our 3rd DT was with Jeff Zgonina. They were modest improvements, but improvements nonetheless.

This year we've got modest improvements in Reggie Howard, Jeno James, and Will Poole (and perhaps Feeley, if he wins the competition), and a major improvement in David Boston...while all we've given up is a free safety, and Todd Wade for Vernon Carey (and we'll see how that ends up panning out...gods honest truth I expect it to be a toss up).

Because Sullivan is known for those exact type of players.

ckparrothead said:
Major loss? Brock Marion is lost and replaced by Arturo Freeman, Antuan Edwards, or a Yeremiah Bell who is finally recovered from injury.

S B. Marion a loss???... :lol: :lol: That's funny...

He's been the single weakest link in our secondary over the last two years IMO. He was getting torched all season long in 2003, and by rookies WR's too!!...

Let's not forget this is the same guy who said "we have the best secondary in the NFL". If he only knew how to back-up his words with on the field results!!!....

He's been a huge player for us at times in the past, but way too far and in-between IMO. He gives up more big plays than he makes IMO. I've never been a BM fan, and I'm very happy we finally decided to go forward without him, and upgrade the position with more youth...

BM is too old, and way too slow for today's NFL WR's. He was a huge weakness in our secondary, and without him, we'll be much better off IMO....

Phinsdude said:
Fiedler has plenty of talent,

He may have heart, but talent?....No way, the guy is a "QB" and has trouble throwing the ball thats his number one job, If Jay has so much talent why are we always bitting our nails when he drops back to pass? The guy has no more talent then my eleven year old daughter.You want talent at QB? Look at , Brady, Manning, Favre, those QB's have talent what Jay has is heart don't confuse the two. The year before last when Ricky ran for 1863 yrds, all Jay had to do was stay out of trouble thats all the guy just needs to play avg. and keep his INT's down and stay healthy he did neither. Jay has no market value if he had so much talent there would be teams trying to sign him away from Miami, he was even free to shop himself on the market without so much as a sniff must be you are the only one that see's the talent, well you and DW.

ckparrothead said:
I don't think we necessarily need a new HC to win the super bowl. I also think the talent level on this team that we've been talking about over the years is overrated.

People look at the Patriots offseason this year, and point. But where's the logic in that? Don't bother looking there until you see what they do in 2004. Look at offseason 2003 and see what they did. They got Rosey Colvin, and subsequently lost him...so, you gotta toss that out. What they did, is they took what they had in 2002 that went 9-7 and missed the playoffs, they cut out some of the fat, and improved. It wasn't vast improvement (remember, cuz they lost Colvin). They took a retread like Ted Washington, made the most out of him. They drafted Ty Warren and Bethel Johnson, and Eugene Wilson. They got rid of Tebuckey Jones and replaced him with Rodney Harrison who is just as good. They got rid of Lawyer Milloy, but after all, he was just a safety...

I don't agree at all about the HC, you say you think the team is overated? So your saying we just arent very good? How is it our D is so good,? stats don't lie. How does Ricky get 1863 yrds if we are overrated? Are you saying the coaching is good but the talent is lacking?
So my question is why have we not one a playoff game? We have'nt had a lot of injurys, to speak of. I read a lot of what you write and I agree with most of what you say only this time you make no sense. DW, IMO has had a good enough team to go farther then a wild card spot, and yet we can't even make the playoffs, why? Coaching, he has Jay as his QB, IMO a mistake he wastes draft picks, he does not make adjustments in games when they need to be made he is one dimensional when gameplaning all of the things that make us a below avg. team is directly linked to him. Other teams make the playoffs and don't have double digit wins, our division the last two years has been less then impressive and we can't win the division, why? DW is not a big game coach he never will be thats why we have one playoff win in four years.

The Pats win becuse of the coaching and players, the right players for the system. When they lost two outstanding D players at the begining of the season they made adjustments and won a SB thats all in the coaching. I think the only place NE is better then Miami, if you go by position is QB and HC, we now have a very young but, I think above avg Line so the jury is still out on that one. But NE wins from the coaching we lose becaus of the coaching. If any of the top coaches in the NFL took over this team do you honestly believe Jay would be their starter? I don't.

DW does not have what it takes to compete with the likes of NE,TB,Philly.
He refuses to adjust and IMO that is the key to winning in the NFL.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I remember QB T. Levcik very well. :)

I was very impressed with him during TC when he was with the Phinz. He's a big guy, with a very strong arm. I was shocked when we cut him in favor of QB Z. Kustok. :confused:

I saw a future NFL QB in T. Levcik. I'm not sure what Dave and Rick saw, but I think TL would have been a possible #2 or #3 right now had we kept him....

Both Kustok and Levcik were cut that offseason. I am pretty sure it was at the same time as well. They both looked horrible late in their preseason games. I remember the pick Zack thru that went about 15 yards straight up in the air on a 8-10 yard pass. He had no arm. Wasnt that when we traded for Sage? Or was it when we got Cade?

Back
Top Bottom