Tim Lecvik | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tim Lecvik

Dajesus said:
Both Kustok and Levcik were cut that offseason. I am pretty sure it was at the same time as well. They both looked horrible late in their preseason games. I remember the pick Zack thru that went about 15 yards straight up in the air on a 8-10 yard pass. He had no arm. Wasnt that when we traded for Sage? Or was it when we got Cade?

Lecvik was cut first. Kustok stayed longer much to the surprise of everyone on here. Kustok's days wer enumbered though when we got Rosenfels later in the preseason for a seventh round pick.

Lecvik looked pretty bad out there on Saturday. I imagine it has to do with the small confines of arena football ( it is overall, 1/4 of the size of a regular NFL field being half as long and half as wide). I think if he was worth a dang in the NFL, he would be tearing up AFL. That league is noticably slower than the NFL and he still had trouble reading the defense late.

feelthepain said:
I don't agree at all about the HC, you say you think the team is overated? So your saying we just arent very good? How is it our D is so good,? stats don't lie. How does Ricky get 1863 yrds if we are overrated? Are you saying the coaching is good but the talent is lacking?
So my question is why have we not one a playoff game? We have'nt had a lot of injurys, to speak of. I read a lot of what you write and I agree with most of what you say only this time you make no sense. DW, IMO has had a good enough team to go farther then a wild card spot, and yet we can't even make the playoffs, why? Coaching, he has Jay as his QB, IMO a mistake he wastes draft picks, he does not make adjustments in games when they need to be made he is one dimensional when gameplaning all of the things that make us a below avg. team is directly linked to him. Other teams make the playoffs and don't have double digit wins, our division the last two years has been less then impressive and we can't win the division, why? DW is not a big game coach he never will be thats why we have one playoff win in four years.

The Pats win becuse of the coaching and players, the right players for the system. When they lost two outstanding D players at the begining of the season they made adjustments and won a SB thats all in the coaching. I think the only place NE is better then Miami, if you go by position is QB and HC, we now have a very young but, I think above avg Line so the jury is still out on that one. But NE wins from the coaching we lose becaus of the coaching. If any of the top coaches in the NFL took over this team do you honestly believe Jay would be their starter? I don't.

DW does not have what it takes to compete with the likes of NE,TB,Philly.
He refuses to adjust and IMO that is the key to winning in the NFL.

I agree with CK. The talent on the OL was lacking. It limited everything the offense did. It got so bad that Turner felt he couldn't call a pass play. No injuries? Dixon never returned. We had a rookie start at LT, one of the most important positions on the team. IMO, that cost us at least 1 game. That 1 game would have put us in the playoffs. You give Miami consistent OL play and suddenly everybody will start calling Wanny and whoever our OC is geniuses. (I know who its, I'm just making a joke). It's the same thing that happened with Bellichek. He's pretty much the same loser he was with Cleveland, but now he has better personnel and better assistants. Throw in a QB who more often than not makes the play to bailout the team and viola!, Bellichek is a genius with 2 SB wins.

rafael said:
I agree with CK. The talent on the OL was lacking. It limited everything the offense did. It got so bad that Turner felt he couldn't call a pass play. No injuries? Dixon never returned. We had a rookie start at LT, one of the most important positions on the team. IMO, that cost us at least 1 game. That 1 game would have put us in the playoffs. You give Miami consistent OL play and suddenly everybody will start calling Wanny and whoever our OC is geniuses. (I know who its, I'm just making a joke). It's the same thing that happened with Bellichek. He's pretty much the same loser he was with Cleveland, but now he has better personnel and better assistants. Throw in a QB who more often than not makes the play to bailout the team and viola!, Bellichek is a genius with 2 SB wins.

Not many said the O-line or Jay were good, the rest of the team is far from overrated thats what I was talking about. However the year before when Ricky had 1863 yrds no one was complaining about our O-line or the D so how could we be overrated? It's the coaching and the QB, UNTIL THEY ARE GONE WE WILL NOT MAKE ANY POST SEASON NOISE.

feelthepain said:
Not many said the O-line or Jay were good, the rest of the team is far from overrated thats what I was talking about. However the year before when Ricky had 1863 yrds no one was complaining about our O-line or the D so how could we be overrated? It's the coaching and the QB, UNTIL THEY ARE GONE WE WILL NOT MAKE ANY POST SEASON NOISE.

The OL didn't play as well last year. Nobody expected greatness, but we also didn't expect it to be that bad. As a result, the QBs had no time and the running lanes dissappeared. Even Marino looked like crap when he had no time. I'm not saying Feeley or Fiedler are Marino. I'm saying that if the OL improves then everything improves. If the QB is better, but has no time the passing game still sucks. If the play calling is great but the OL doesn't execute, the O still sucks.

rafael said:
The OL didn't play as well last year. Nobody expected greatness, but we also didn't expect it to be that bad. As a result, the QBs had no time and the running lanes dissappeared. Even Marino looked like crap when he had no time. I'm not saying Feeley or Fiedler are Marino. I'm saying that if the OL improves then everything improves. If the QB is better, but has no time the passing game still sucks. If the play calling is great but the OL doesn't execute, the O still sucks.

Give Jay all the time in the world in the pocket and he will still miss wide open WR he simply does not have the talent to play the position consistently. The O-line will be muh better this year, however DW still needs to make adjustments during games, and he has not done that since he's been here so I don't see that changing. Like I said, we are a third of the way to the SB get rid of the other two thirds of the problem, DW AND Fiedler and we might have a shot. There is no way we could upgrade enough to compensate for DW and Fiedler because DW will do everything in his power to play Fiedler, so unless we bring in Payton or Brady Jay will keep his job thats at least five games lost because of Fiedlers inability. Jay will win five games and the remaining 6 games the D will save Jays hide not including the 5 or 6 games Jay will miss from injury. The guy is a backup only but lucky for us he's our starter.

feelthepain said:
DW, IMO has had a good enough team to go farther then a wild card spot, and yet we can't even make the playoffs, why? Coaching, he has Jay as his QB, IMO a mistake he wastes draft picks, he does not make adjustments in games when they need to be made he is one dimensional when gameplaning all of the things that make us a below avg. team is directly linked to him. Other teams make the playoffs and don't have double digit wins, our division the last two years has been less then impressive and we can't win the division, why? DW is not a big game coach he never will be thats why we have one playoff win in four years.

The Pats win becuse of the coaching and players, the right players for the system. When they lost two outstanding D players at the begining of the season they made adjustments and won a SB thats all in the coaching. I think the only place NE is better then Miami, if you go by position is QB and HC, we now have a very young but, I think above avg Line so the jury is still out on that one. But NE wins from the coaching we lose becaus of the coaching. If any of the top coaches in the NFL took over this team do you honestly believe Jay would be their starter? I don't.

feelthepain said:
DW, IMO has had a good enough team to go farther then a wild card spot, and yet we can't even make the playoffs, why? Coaching, he has Jay as his QB, IMO a mistake he wastes draft picks, he does not make adjustments in games when they need to be made he is one dimensional when gameplaning all of the things that make us a below avg. team is directly linked to him. Other teams make the playoffs and don't have double digit wins, our division the last two years has been less then impressive and we can't win the division, why? DW is not a big game coach he never will be thats why we have one playoff win in four years.

Ok, so you say that the division has not been very impressive and then you proceed to praise the Patriots? IMO, a 14-2 season is pretty impressive to me...

Then you say we don't have what it takes to compete with the likes of, among others, NE... if the division hasn't been all that impressive... what is NE doing in an (I'm assuming) elite group?

I do agree to your general point. DW has a massive problem in game-day planning... as someone else pointed out on another thread, specially in the 4th... BUT...

We have been competitive to win the division. The year it wasn't really impressive, we finished tied for the 1st place (tiebreakers non-withstanding). Last year, when it was really impressive (14-2 NE) we finished second, well above the other fodder (Buffalo, NY), but well below the *deserving* division champs. Now, look at those two games against NE (which if were won, all things equal, would've tied us with them in record and made us division champs, BTW): one lost because of what is supposed to be a routine kick for Mare, and the other because the offense, even though their impressive performance against Dallas, didn't show up (partly because of field conditions, partly because of lousy game-day planning)...

So, competitive? We sure have been. As to the "other teams have single digit wins and make the playoffs", well, swith the Dolphins to virtually any other division in the NFL, and we're probably perennial division winners. Look at history - who hurts us the most?

feelthepain said:
Give Jay all the time in the world in the pocket and he will still miss wide open WR he simply does not have the talent to play the position consistently. The O-line will be muh better this year, however DW still needs to make adjustments during games, and he has not done that since he's been here so I don't see that changing. Like I said, we are a third of the way to the SB get rid of the other two thirds of the problem, DW AND Fiedler and we might have a shot. There is no way we could upgrade enough to compensate for DW and Fiedler because DW will do everything in his power to play Fiedler, so unless we bring in Payton or Brady Jay will keep his job thats at least five games lost because of Fiedlers inability. Jay will win five games and the remaining 6 games the D will save Jays hide not including the 5 or 6 games Jay will miss from injury. The guy is a backup only but lucky for us he's our starter.
I agree that Fiedler isn't consistent enough to play the QB position as a starter. I also agree that he's a great backup, but only a decent starter (I'm asumming that's what you meant), but c'mon! DW will do everything in his power to play him? No way. His job in on the line this season - besides, I think it was Dr.Zoom who said, as he no longer has GM duties, he will no longer care if his "hirings" do well or not (or something to that effect). I truly believe the best man will start. If by the first game, that's Fiedler, so be it.

One dimensional offenses do not produce consistently and reliably. If you want to field a championship caliber offense, you must be able to produce reliably. That is what we have lacked. This is why the QB position is so important, because the QB has his thumb on the timing of the team and the momentum.

Some teams can win by having the best defenses of all time and one dimensional offenses. Its better to have threats all over the place.

ckparrothead said:
One dimensional offenses do not produce consistently and reliably. If you want to field a championship caliber offense, you must be able to produce reliably. That is what we have lacked. This is why the QB position is so important, because the QB has his thumb on the timing of the team and the momentum.

Some teams can win by having the best defenses of all time and one dimensional offenses. Its better to have threats all over the place.

Exactly. And we don't have a threat at QB (if Feeley doesn't pan out)
If Feidler wins the job, I don't think it will matter how improved the oline is, we will still see 8 and 9 men in the box. Because nobody is afraid of Jay Feidler's arm. Chambers, Boston ,McMichael, it doesn't matter if we don't have someone getting them the ball.

feelthepain said:

That's simply not supported by the facts. JF's completion % is about 59% for his career. This is despite playing behind less than stellar OLs and avg. (at best) wrs. This compares favorably to the rest of the league's starters. It is nonsensical to believe that an improved OL and WR core won't improve that number. Will he still miss wide open wrs? Of course, but here's a news flash so does every other QB. JF doesn't miss more than most. He has been avg. and should be better with improvements at OL and WR. This doesn't mean I don't want him replaced. It just means that we may be able to win even if he isn't.

In regards to Wannstedt, he has strengths and weaknesses, just like every coach. IMO his strengths way outnumber his weaknesses. He is a Bellichek clone. Do you think Bellichek is adjusting his O much during the games? I don't. The adjustments are made by CW. IMO those adjustments are nothing special, certainly no more brilliant than Turner. The difference is that Brady makes quick enough decisions to avoid many major drive killers and makes enough plays to sustain the drives. And most importantly the OL executes well enough to allow Brady to do that.

If the OL improves enough then you'll start seeing stories about how Foerster is a genius. They'll be stories about Feeley's rise or Fiedler's rebirth. Throw in a little bit of luck and Miami can win it all. And then you'll start seenig the Wanny Genius title bandied about as well. Do I think Wanny is a genius? No, but calling him one is no more inaccurate than calling Bellichek a genius.

Miami is not missing 2/3 of what they need. If the OL improves enough then the rest of the team has enough talent to win it all. All they would need is the luck that every SB champion has.

Back
Top Bottom