Time to put things in perspective.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to put things in perspective....

The other reality is that last year at the same time we did not look like world beaters either. As a matter of fact we did not look like an NFL team until game 6.

This dooms day crap we can keep until we reach a point when the NFL teams establish themselves and you can actually separate between the "haves" and "Have nots".

once again the difference between last year and this year is the schedule. Last year we beat 9 VERY BAD NFL Teams and 1 team with a winning record.
Think about that, the teams we lost to
Seattle - 10 wins
NE twice - Superbowl
Tennessee - 9 Wins
Baltimore Spanked us and only had 8 wins
Oh and we lost to Cinic who only had 6 wins and a tie.

As for the teams we beat
Cleveland won 1 game and we had to go to OT to beat them....
Pitt was the ONLY QUALITY WIN
We beat buffalo twice and they were a 7 win team - one of those wins came off a missed FG (they missed 2 or 3 FGs that game)
We beat the Jets twice and they were a 5 win team - We needed a kickoff return to beat them in the 1st game.
San Diego was a 5 win team and we needed a pick 6 to beat them.
LA was a 4 win team and we needed 2 TDs in the last 4 minutes to beat them.
San Fran was a 2 win team and Kap ran for about 1000 yards on us and was a yard away from taking us to OT
Arizona was a 7 win team

So Every team but 1 WERE BAD TEAMS...we didnt beat 1 8 win team...all losing records except pitt..

And every loss except Seattle was by at least 2 TDs...(1st NE game we scored in garbage time against a 3rd string qb)

The point is the Miami Dolphins last year were the best of the BAD TEAMS.

and this year we play mostly good teams. If we cant beat the jets, we cant beat NE, or Buffalo, or Tampa, or Atlanta, or Baltimore, or oakland, or KC...

This team will not look like an NFL team this year. If you were expecting playoffs again against this schedule, you're gonna have a bad time.

I hate when fair weather fans use 1 game to judge a team....either for the positive or the negative.

This was a flat game...period. If they lay another egg next week get back to me

There were many strange scores yesterday.

The fact is this team is a work in progress...new QB getting used to receivers...young players developing...etc etc etc....

Add in the horrid road schedule the NFL layed on us...coupled with a bitter rival who was really hungry on their home opener...and the Nationwide perception the Jets were tanking....and you have a trap game letdown...
Period.

I hate when fair weather fans use 1 game to judge a team....either for the positive or the negative.

This was a flat game...period. If they lay another egg next week get back to me

There were many strange scores yesterday.

The fact is this team is a work in progress...new QB getting used to receivers...young players developing...etc etc etc....

Add in the horrid road schedule the NFL layed on us...coupled with a bitter rival who was really hungry on their home opener...and the Nationwide perception the Jets were tanking....and you have a trap game letdown...
Period.

I agree but in only our second game of the year we looked really bad but perspective is needed.

I do agree that Gase needs to look himself in the mirror. I mean how is it he cannot find a way to use Grant. Be a little more creative in his playcalling. He halftime adjustments this week was horrible.

It was one game. But to be fair it was one game against the worst team on our schedule (and possibly in the league). And we nearly got shutout by a team that through two games was on pace to be the worst scoring defense in league history.

Accountability must be applied to everyone.
Gameplan
Playcalling
Predictibaility
FOCUS
Determination
Preperation
Adaptability

So far NOTHING is successful.
First order of business is we need to be able to move the chains. We just cannot continue to go 3 and out. We must have the smallest number of offensive plays in the league. We need to use Drake, Grant, the other TE's and we just have no opportunity to do so because we are never on offense

It was one game against the WORST team in the NFL! I’m confident that the damn Brown would beat is at this point. Check the schedule, Miami is about to get raped. McClown looked really good; Brees is probably super excited for next week.

Ross, just move the team to San Diego.

It's obvious we will never live down whatever hex was put on us after Shula left.

Losing to the Jets who are tanking the season leads to just absolute and utter dismay.

Gase not seeing the poor week of practice even more so. AS mentioned before.

If the team ever moved, we would have the ultimate out! And the SD fans seemed pissed they lost the Chargers.

Remember Ross, you heard it here first.

This game is on the offense. If can't do more than three and out you deserve to lose. 1 for 15 on third and fourth downs lol. Time of posession 36m to 27m the Jets had the ball almost an entire quarter more.

Hard to win with your defense on the field all the time.

This game is on the offense. If can't do more than three and out you deserve to lose. 1 for 15 on third and fourth downs lol. Time of posession 36m to 27m the Jets had the ball almost an entire quarter more.

Hard to win with your defense on the field all the time.
I agree. Defense held them in check, they just got wore down. Teams are going to score points when you give them that many opportunities. I can't even remember getting a first down that wasn't because of a penalty in the first 3 quarters.

I agree. Defense held them in check, they just got wore down. Teams are going to score points when you give them that many opportunities. I can't even remember getting a first down that wasn't because of a penalty in the first 3 quarters.

Defense only gave up 4 of the 13 thrid downs they were in. That's not bad but the offense would go out and just stink the joint up. It was horrible. I mean can we please get rid of that ****ing trips bunch WR screen. It doesn't work and it isn't ever going to work.

Defense only gave up 4 of the 13 thrid downs they were in. That's not bad but the offense would go out and just stink the joint up. It was horrible. I mean can we please get rid of that ****ing trips bunch WR screen. It doesn't work and it isn't ever going to work.

Man, I hate that play too, I think we all do at this point.

The only thing they can do, is hit on some deeper routes out of that same formation to keep the D honest.

Yesterday as atrocious. It makes the rest of the season look very daunting when you consider the caliber of QBs this team has yet to face.

Miami should be 0-2. They aren’t so we’ll take it but the team has a TON of work to do and that’s without a bye week to prepare.

Difference so far between 2016 and 2017 is that in 2016 the Dolphins beat every team that they were expected to beat. Most of the wins may not have been pretty but they were wins. We forget that even though the Dolphins started 1-4 in 2016 those 4 losses came against teams that the Dolphins were expected to lose to. Seahawks, Patriots, Bengals and Titans. The only team you could argue would be the Titans. However the Titans were a young up and coming borderline playoff team. So far in 2016 the Dolphins have already lost badly to a team that will most likely be competing for the #1 pick in the draft. That is one reason why this loss stings so much. Also this years schedule appears to be much tougher.

It is hard to say you are supposed to beat a team when you are 1-3. But the Titans were 1-3 as well when they were facing us and a week after beating us they beat a lousy Browns team barely by 2 points as well.
Hardly a team which instilled any fear.
I don't recall anybody dipping into fear of the Titans prior to last season. As a matter of fact most of us had that as a home win. Spare me this 20/20 hindsight.

And please don't start this "the schedule this year seems tougher". The schedule 'toughness' is projected based on last year. At least half the teams will flip their records. Every year I hear "our schedule is much tougher than last year". Based on that notion and some 20 years of hearing the same crap, by now we should have a schedule with 16 games against the Superbowl Champion.

Back
Top Bottom