Time to put things in perspective.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to put things in perspective....

Hey, I'm royally bummed that we came out flat, underestimated the Jets ... again, and played like crap in just about every phase.

But, there are only two teams in the NFL that are still undefeated, the 3-0 Kansas City Chiefs and the 3-0 Detroit Lions. So if we win the game in London vs. The 1-2 New Orleans Saints, we will then have the same record after three games as almost all of the top teams in the league. It was a very winnable game, and it sucks to lose it ... But we are not out of contention by any means.

Inconsistent play and parity seems to be the overarching theme of the NFL thus far. Heck, the Patriots were a hair away from going 1-2 this past week. And no matter how poorly we played, we didn't get blown out by the Jaguars. Heck, the Bills beat the Broncos and currently lead the AFC East (co-lead with the Patriots, but still).

My point is that we are still in the thick of it with many more highs and lows left on this roller coaster ride. It's just one loss, kinda like how the Chargers in LA were just one win.

It is hard to say you are supposed to beat a team when you are 1-3. But the Titans were 1-3 as well when they were facing us and a week after beating us they beat a lousy Browns team barely by 2 points as well.
Hardly a team which instilled any fear.
I don't recall anybody dipping into fear of the Titans prior to last season. As a matter of fact most of us had that as a home win. Spare me this 20/20 hindsight.

And please don't start this "the schedule this year seems tougher". The schedule 'toughness' is projected based on last year. At least half the teams will flip their records. Every year I hear "our schedule is much tougher than last year". Based on that notion and some 20 years of hearing the same crap, by now we should have a schedule with 16 games against the Superbowl Champion.

That Titans team was still more talented than this years Jets team. Sorry but the Dolphins couldn't afford to lose to a team that will most likely have the top pick in the draft. Had the Dolphins lost the game vs the garbarge Browns team, the lowly 49ers or the stinkin Jets last year they would have missed the playoffs. It is only week 2 and the Dolphins have already lost to a garbage team that they had no business losing to. I am tired of all these lame excuses.

Whether you believe that this years schedule will be tougher or not does not change the fact that a team like the Dolphins can not afford to lose to teams with less talent if they have any hopes of getting back to the playoffs. IMO losing to the Jets put a knife in "slim's" heart leaving only "none" left as the Dolphins chance of making the playoffs in 2017.

That Titans team was still more talented than this years Jets team. Sorry but the Dolphins couldn't afford to lose to a team that will most likely have the top pick in the draft. Had the Dolphins lost the game vs the garbarge Browns team, the lowly 49ers or the stinkin Jets last year they would have missed the playoffs. It is only week 2 and the Dolphins have already lost to a garbage team that they had no business losing to. I am tired of all these lame excuses.

Whether you believe that this years schedule will be tougher or not does not change the fact that a team like the Dolphins can not afford to lose to teams with less talent if they have any hopes of getting back to the playoffs. IMO losing to the Jets put a knife in "slim's" heart leaving only "none" left as the Dolphins chance of making the playoffs in 2017.

You do realize that we were lucky to win against the Browns towards the beginning of last year?

You do realize that we were lucky to win against the Browns towards the beginning of last year?

Yeah I know that but they did win. They won ugly but they beat every team they were supposed to beat with the lone exception maybe being the Titans. This year that trend has already been broken with the butt kicking at the hands of the Jets. The Dolphins are not a strong enough team to lay an egg against less talented teams. Their playoff chances are already very low so they have little margin for error. Last year they won the games they were supposed to which is why they were able to make the playoffs.

With the loss to the Jets they will now have to upset some more talented teams. With an inconsitent offense and weak defense, I just don't like their chances of doing that.

When the Dolphins lose to teams like the Jets, I don't get much solace when teams like the Patriots, Ravens , Steelers , and Broncos lose similar type games. Since they have been perennial playoff teams in recent years while the Dolphins have not. Until the Dolphins improve their roster and consitently make the playoffs, I am always going to lose some hope in the season when they crap the bed against bad teams like they did Sunday. Gase, the entire coaching staff and team still have much to prove.

I think I'm just one other game like that away from just saying **** it... I'm not even mad I'm just numb... The 2 players I was excited to see the most this year were Tannehill and the Chef... so yeah! And on top of that I've got to sit down and watch a careless Cutler acting like he can just throw with his arm left and right and get away with it, he should have stayed retired and I'd bet he's telling himself just that as we speak...

I agree. Defense held them in check, they just got wore down. Teams are going to score points when you give them that many opportunities. I can't even remember getting a first down that wasn't because of a penalty in the first 3 quarters.

The defense didn't hold them in check. Them holding on every other play and being one of the worst teams of the century is what held them in check.

I'm sorry, but if anyone thinks we aren't going to get absolutely walloped in London next week, pass whatever you're smoking this way.

This board is a great outlet to let out our frustration as fans. Better than kicking the dog, or hurling a can of beer at the television.

That said, it's one game. One lousy game for sure where nothing went right. Next week even Miami's scrubs could look like Pro Bowl players. That's just the nature of the NFL.

I think next week is absolutely huge for the Dolphins. Have to get the offense going against a New Orleans defense that still isn't very good. Miami likely will need 30 points or more to win it with Drew Brees on the other side.

After next week, I think we'll have a better clue of where this team is at.

Back
Top Bottom