Timmons AWOL?? | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Timmons AWOL??

No one is going to trade for him and you can't cut him, maybe a candidate for the NFI list?

I wonder if he was at Wakes' speech on saturday to the team, talkin about families in FL sticking together, helping each other, etc.
Maybe he was in a weird state of mind during it, and that triggered him into changing his plans, like a complete priority shift

This is just about the last contract we'd want to be faced this dilemma with. Very high GTD's. If it weren't for this contract, unless Timmons had a seriously good excuse, like real good, then I have no doubts Gase cuts him. With the contract situation I'm expecting a suspension of 2-4 games at least, if they can't get him on NFI. Timmons might want to play next week, but until more details come out I'd say odds are very long that actually happens.

If he gets suspended, I'd be ok with 2 games so he only misses the Jets and Saints.

If we want to beat the saints the biggest boost for us would be the tackles armstead and reiff still out.

I believe it's Tennessee the following week and vs that running game and oline you better have made some upgrades.

That Tennessee game scares me. I like how they have been building that football team. I am still traumatized from them crushing us.

So the 2018 draft should look like this:

Rd. 1- LB
Rd. 2- LB
Rd. 3- LB
Rd. 4- LB
Rd. 5- LB
Rd. 6- LB
Rd. 7- LB

Get the damn linebacking group shored up once and for all and stop with all these scrubs or undersized special teamers.

According to TMZ and a team source, police found Timmons at Los Angeles International Airport on Sunday morning in a boarding area. TMZ said a Dolphins official was summoned and met Timmons there and left with him. Timmons was trying to get to Pennsylvania, where his baby and the baby’s mother live.

TMZ said the reason Timmons bolted was because “he missed the baby and wanted to visit. He was serious about visiting her.”

Dolphins players were supportive of Timmons, while noting they did not know why he left.

“Timmons is a great teammate, great football player,” center Mike Pouncey said. “He’s a leader on our team. Just hate to see he’s going through something.”

Asked if he would be welcomed back by teammates, Pouncey said: “Hell, yeah. We don’t turn our back on anyone. He’s one of our brothers. We love him.”

Linebacker Mike Hull said Timmons’ departure “was not ideal” and that coaches “threw some stuff together Saturday night” that involved Hull replacing Timmons in the nickel package.

Hull said Timmons never gave any “signs” that he was upset.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article174018866.html

So they can't cut him thanks to all that GT money....we have plenty of players with that kind of contract which is not good. The good news is that our first half of the schedule is the easiest part. Hoping TJM comes back balling and he might be our nickle LB(best option anyway)and Rey is hopefully ready soon and the pass rush all of a sudden comes back

Ozzy rules!!

I listened to the presser on my phone in my office but couldn't watch it. I agree with everyone else that Gase is rightfully pissed. He's telling Timmons there is no free pass here.

Gase isn't going to forgive and forget. He's putting a huge onus on Timmons, who better get with his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and get a story together that convinces Gase that it was not a fatal mistake. Gase is going to want to hear the right thing from Timmons. Timmons is 31 years old and should have a man's level of maturity. He also signed an $11 million deal. There is no free lunch. That money puts a burden on him. He needs to man up and address this.

According to the latest article by the Miami Herald, if Timmons were to be cut today, his cap hit is about $3.7M. If I'm Miami I might be contemplating this. I wouldn't trust him. Suspending him for 4 games, will only Cost him about $253K. Time to move on? So it seems the $11M cap hit figure is incorrect.

Hoops, at this point it's impossible to release him without taking on an $11M cap hit. They'd need to make other moves to fit that in. This Tannehill injury and Cutler signing is going to kill them cap wise, because its strangling them from other moves, like potentially cutting ties with Timmons. They're stuck with him.

Cutting him would not benefit the Dolphins much financially. According to overthecap.com, his cap hit would be nearly identical this season if he’s on the team ($3.77 million) as if he’s not ($3.75 million).

Next season, he has an $8.2 million cap hit if he’s on the team, $7.2 million if he’s cut before June 1.

And $4.5 million of his $5.4 million base salary for next season already has been guaranteed, per sources.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article174018866.html#storylink=cpy

There is a lot I want to say butt I won't.

Great job by the Team as a Team.Coaches,players ,staff and FO.These guys went above and beyond what I expected(I know it was the Chargers and they are not a very good team).1st they had to deal with a hurricane which would put at almost 1 month of not playing a football game.Then having to deal with Timmons going AWOL .Ill take the win.

Well done Miami Dolphins

According to the latest article by the Miami Herald, if Timmons were to be cut today, his cap hit is about $3.7M. If I'm Miami I might be contemplating this. I wouldn't trust him. Suspending him for 4 games, will only Cost him about $253K. Time to move on? So it seems the $11M cap hit figure is incorrect.

I'm pretty sure that 11m number is correct. 11m this year and 7m next year in dead money. I'm also pretty sure it wouldn't affect our cap much and nothing will accelerate. Except for the cost of his replacement and that we save 1m next year.

I'm confident that alone will keep him from being released. A suspension, maybe.

Edit: No, I'm wrong. The numbers work out to 11m IF he had been released before June 1. I'm pretty sure. Anyway, 12m is the total amount of the contract.

I'm pretty sure that 11m number is correct. 11m this year and 7m next year in dead money. I'm also pretty sure it wouldn't affect our cap much and nothing will accelerate. Except for the cost of his replacement and that we save 1m next year.

I'm confident that alone will keep him from being released. A suspension, maybe.

Edit: No, I'm wrong. The numbers work out to 11m IF he had been released before June 1. I'm pretty sure. Anyway, 12m is the total amount of the contract.
I got the 2 mixed up, being the dead cap versus the real dollars saved. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought the dead cap would restrict the team from cutting him loose. Perhaps I'm wrong?

Back
Top Bottom