Timmons suspended indefinitely | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Timmons suspended indefinitely

I don't really like him, I've always said that, i like some things he's done, he's definitely not nearly as bad as Phibin or Sparano, but that's the worst coaches. People worship gase so much on here and just ignore the facts its ridiculous, people forget he started 1-5, made a lot of bad decisions early and lately, had two meh drafts and worst of all when we win games we should lose its a culture not luck. Not us coming back to win or defense holding to win, its other teams missing 30-40 yard fgs after marching down the field like our defense was swiss cheese, that has nothing to do with culture, that is plain luck and to say otherwise is propoganda, just like somebody mentioned that the past two patriots sb wins were earned and were nothing but choke jobs by seattle and atlanta. That's what I get tired of everybody being forced to like what the group has chosen to follow or people lash out at you because you think for yourself or call things what they are and aren't just cheerleading or spreading propganda.

Same exact nonsense happened with Sparano and Philbin, it was all peaches and cream til they got fired, then it was "oh we knew it all along", on to the next guy you can't say the truth about, I'm just a realist, that is all.

Gase has won 10 of his last 12 and had his starting QB for...how many of those? Half?

Call it luck if you want but it's results no matter which way you slice it. You aren't forced to like anything, but if you're going to group Gase in with Sparano and Philbin I am going to say that I think you're absolutely wrong. He took our team to the playoffs last year finishing with our backup qb and that's not propaganda, or cheer-leading.

What I like in all of this is that Gase is showing a high level of discretion by refusing to talk openly about it. By suspending Timmons he sent a strong signal to the rest of the locker room that he means business and isn't afraid to discipline a very expensive new player. While clearly pissed, our Coach seems to be pretty good at managing very difficult personnel matters that surface. I think that there's a fair probability that Timmons will get a second chance if he behaves like a professional veteran that he's supposed to be. If he doesn't get his sh*t together and show contrition, he will be gone.
Normally when something bizarre like this occurs, there are lots of leaks with juicy, salacious and sad details. However, it appears that we finally have some zipper mouths.

Lots of new coaches start out slow and with some mistakes, what we see here is he seems to learn from those mistakes.

Lots of teams are lucky and get their wins with missed field goals, it happens. The fact that we were in the game with injuries and no shows all over the place shows that this team has heart, and that starts with the coach.

You do know, he isn't the one making the draft picks, right?
He def has some say on them but it's been subpar drafts imo, blame goes to all 3

Gase has won 10 of his last 12 and had his starting QB for...how many of those? Half?

Call it luck if you want but it's results no matter which way you slice it. You aren't forced to like anything, but if you're going to group Gase in with Sparano and Philbin I am going to say that I think you're absolutely wrong. He took our team to the playoffs last year finishing with our backup qb and that's not propaganda, or cheer-leading.
Not saying he's like them in most ways just in some and mostly the way people view coaching decisions comes off similar

We are 11-6 with him as the Head Coach. Belichick got fired from his first Head Coaching gig lol I'm not understanding what you don't like about him. We're winning football games which is what we ALL want. Who would you want? Our Culture has clearly changed and instead of being on the losing side of those FGs, we're getting some are way (about time). Falcons and Seattle clearly choked ,so I have no idea who says otherwise. You're a realist which is a good thing IMO. In reality, under Coach Gase the Dolphins are 11-6 with a playoff berth while dealing with huge injuries to very important positions. I don't think anyone feels forced to like him just like you aren't. The question is "what more could he have done to satisfy you as a Dolphins fan?" It's totally your right to not like him. I just want to know why you dont like him if you don't mind me asking? Keep in mind that nobody's perfect. If he keeps winning, how can we not like him? With winning being the main thing a true fan should care about, hasnt us winning given you any hope for our future? Thanks brother
Mostly just needs better decision making and more aggressive play calling is all I would like to see improvement on, but those things matter a lot in football, I understand early on if he wants to call it safe cuz of cutler though, that makes sense.

Mostly just needs better decision making and more aggressive play calling is all I would like to see improvement on, but those things matter a lot in football, I understand early on if he wants to call it safe cuz of cutler though, that makes sense.

Oh okay ya I think he trusts Coach Rizzi with our clock management but in terms of playcalling, yes he can and should be more aggressive. I think he'll open it up early Vs the Jets..(If Ajayi doesn't destroy it to begin)

Gase is a bad coach huh, well maybe your right but since I am count wins and losses more than opinions I am hanging out in the Gase camp for the meanwhile

I don't really like him, I've always said that, i like some things he's done, he's definitely not nearly as bad as Phibin or Sparano, but that's the worst coaches. People worship gase so much on here and just ignore the facts its ridiculous, people forget he started 1-5, made a lot of bad decisions early and lately, had two meh drafts and worst of all when we win games we should lose its a culture not luck. Not us coming back to win or defense holding to win, its other teams missing 30-40 yard fgs after marching down the field like our defense was swiss cheese, that has nothing to do with culture, that is plain luck and to say otherwise is propoganda, just like somebody mentioned that the past two patriots sb wins were earned and were nothing but choke jobs by seattle and atlanta. That's what I get tired of everybody being forced to like what the group has chosen to follow or people lash out at you because you think for yourself or call things what they are and aren't just cheerleading or spreading propganda.

Same exact nonsense happened with Sparano and Philbin, it was all peaches and cream til they got fired, then it was "oh we knew it all along", on to the next guy you can't say the truth about, I'm just a realist, that is all.

Complete nonsense.

First the Dolphins started 1-4 last year en route to going on their winning streak. Secondly, no one here was kissing Sparano or Philbin's ass during their tenure here. At best folks here liked Sparano b/c of his gimmicky 2008 division title due to Brady being hurt.

What bad decisions did he alone make early and lately?

Well......

This could turn out like Ajayi. He got pissed, and he got smacked. Then he shaped up, got with the program, and turned into an animal.

While Timmons' transgression is a bit more serious, one way or the other I'd say he got the message 5X5.

If he is properly contrite and earns his way back, it'll be just in time. About game 4 or so. Kinda like Ajayi.....

Big difference though.....Ajayi was a rookie while Timmons is a vet who may not be able to accept being benched or suspended...especially if he got away with such stuff in the past (late for meetings, etc) and it got brushed off with him having no consequences.

I'm all on board with Gase with this.....my point is it may be a harder road to turn Timmons around vs Ajayi.

Seems like Burke is undermining Gase a little. Or is it just me

A lite bit thought- I was thinking kind of the same thing.... maybe Gase gave him the ok before hand if he was questioned. Not sure.

Back
Top Bottom