Timmons wants to play; Some eye-opening Dolphins and Cutler numbers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Timmons wants to play; Some eye-opening Dolphins and Cutler numbers

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Xavien%20Howard

A 12-pack of notes, a day after the Dolphins’ 19-17 season-opening win at the Los Angeles Chargers:
• After missing Sunday’s game for an undisclosed personal reason, Dolphins linebacker Lawrence Timmons is doing better and wants to resume playing immediately, according to a league source.
But Timmons must first meet with coach Adam Gase, and that meeting with help determine his Dolphins future.
In addition, ESPN’s Adam Schefter said Timmons is scheduled to meet with doctors today to determine the “personal” issue.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...y-jackson/article173912046.html#storylink=cpy

Cornerback Xavien Howard was targeted a league-high 13 times in Week 2 and allowed a league-high 10 receptions for 87 yards, including a key one on San Diego’s final drive that ended with a missed field goal. His overall grade of 46.8 ranked 62nd among all cornerbacks for week two.

Rookie first-rounder Charles Harris played 27 snaps and had one quarterback hurry. In all, a relatively quiet debut.

While PFF ranked Davon Godchaux poorly for the day, he appeared to be playing well. He logged 32 of Miami’s 58 defensive snaps - more than Jordan Phillips’ 21 - and was part of a Miami defense that limited the Chargers to 3.1 yards per carry.

• PFF says Ja’Wuan James played very well Sunday; he ranks 12th among all offensive tackles after Week 2.

• The Chargers blitzed Jay Cutler only three times in 35 drop backs and Cutler made them pay.

Per PFF, Cutler had the fifth-highest grade of all quarterbacks in Week 2. When facing no pressure, Cutler completed 20 of 24 passes for 199 yards, a touchdown and no interceptions, for an NFL passer rating of 115.1.

In 11 drop-backs under pressure, Cutler was 4-9 for 31 yards and had a rating of 53.5.

Also, Cutler’s 101.8 rating ranks 11th in the league.

In the last five non-preseason games he’s played with Adam Gase calling plays, Cutler has a passer rating of 117, 93.4, 100.2, 97.5 (those four games in 2015 in Chicago with Gase as the offensive coordinator) and now 101.8 Sunday.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...y-jackson/article173912046.html#storylink=cpy

I think Phillips is done in Miami after this year...hopefully we get a COMP pick for him when he leaves.

• PFF says Ja’Wuan James played very well Sunday; he ranks 12th among all offensive tackles after Week 2.

IMHO we need to pay this man. Obviously not until the end of the year, but if he keeps up what we saw yesterday, along with the last half of last year, he's one of the cornerstones of that line.

All 9 passes for 95 yards

10 yards a clip from the mike backer in coverage

No target there

Some interesting grades there. Especially on the offensive line and the knocks concerning Howard.

I want Timmons to play of course but a lot of guys would have been straight up cut. If we didn't win yesterday, my blame would have been all Timmons ruining the team's spirit and his play of course lol He better have a good reason. Only the fins have their top FA addition who's played 101 straight games go AWOL lol I think the coaches realize how vital he is after watching the Lbers yesterday lol

the DBs. allowed a lot of completions yesterday. i hope someone asks Coach Gase why Verner did not see any snaps.

IMHO we need to pay this man. Obviously not until the end of the year, but if he keeps up what we saw yesterday, along with the last half of last year, he's one of the cornerstones of that line.

yeah we have him tho for this year & next year they picked up his option.

he actually turned out to be a very solid player!

On social media more idiot people talked about Cutler's hail mary that he obviously meant to throw out of bounds like he was that inaccurate lol I'll take a 101.8 rating and it's nice to shut up the Cutler critics at least for a week lol

I want Timmons to play of course but a lot of guys would have been straight up cut. If we didn't win yesterday, my blame would have been all Timmons ruining the team's spirit and his play of course lol He better have a good reason. Only the fins have their top FA addition who's played 101 straight games go AWOL lol I think the coaches realize how vital he is after watching the Lbers yesterday lol
Timmons spent his entire career with one team. He bleed black and yellow. I honestly feel it actually sunk in that he officially would suit up for a different team.

Timmons spent his entire career with one team. He bleed black and yellow. I honestly feel it actually sunk in that he officially would suit up for a different team.

Ya possibly. That would be weird as a professional. I suspect he had personal issues from maybe back in Miami but who knows? So weird

On social media more idiot people talked about Cutler's hail mary that he obviously meant to throw out of bounds like he was that inaccurate lol I'll take a 101.8 rating and it's nice to shut up the Cutler critics at least for a week lol

yeah and i laughed when people were knocking gase on that play. It was 4th down and it was an obvious play to run down the clock in the first half without giving the ball back to the chargers. They run the ball and the chargers get it with a few seconds left, they punt and they risk a punt block or a return. Cutler waited til the clock was almost run out and he lofted a high pass to run the rest of it out. It was a smart play

Xavien Howard, Dolfans favorite is not good enough to be a # 1 CB like a Marcus Peters. I've mentioned this a few times but he gets so much love around here for no reasons.
Unfortunately, he is the best of the worst we got.

Back
Top Bottom