Tired of peoplez talk'n $&!% about our OFFENSE. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tired of peoplez talk'n $&!% about our OFFENSE.

Originally posted by finfan54

here is the truth:

Fielder got hurt, out six games, rusty coming back (griese will solve that prob)

ray lucas sucked

same time, chambers out two games with concussion, rusty coming back.

Same time, orande gadsden out for the year (by his own choosing).

It doenst take a brain surgeon to figure out what our problem was last year. that is why i love this year. it is all good if we get brian griese.

Our upside is way way better than most anyone with our draft picks and people we have gotten in teh offseason and our guys in WFL. that is truth.

teh fact is that we have to stay healthy. so does everyone else. I look at it this way. The buffalo bills were very lucky with injuries last year and went 8-8. we were very unlucky and went 9-7 as did the rest of the division. we have depth at most every position except LT.

**COUGHlameassexcusesCOUGH**

Re: Give it time 81, it will

Originally posted by jetssuckSr
And no rro it wouldn't be OK if it were a Jay bashing thread, those aren't allowed.

But hey, ya'll have a great time

JS

Can you please tell me where you get that kind of statement from?
There was a 15 page thread in that lasted several days (quite old in terms of thread life-expectancy), that was designed to debate this very subject...
It was allowed to continue (heck, I even participated myself) until it was obvious it had run it's course, and things would start to turn personal....
That's what's not allowed.

Re: Tired of peoplez talk'n $&!% about our OFFENSE.

Originally posted by -81- McMichael
Offense this, offense that... blah, blah, blah!

Here's one for you:

Miami finished last year with the 15th ranked offense, right?

So who finished with the 24th ranked offense?

Same team that, out of last year's 12 playoff contenders, had the lowest ranked offense? Hmmm...

Oh, yeah! How about that! The Super Bowl Champion Tampa Bay Bucs! Imagine that!

I wish people would get off our offense and look at reality.

- First and foremost, we had the NFL's leading rusher. That's special, dammit. Remember the last time we had that. No? Didn't think so.

- Also, we were ONLY in our first year with Norv's offense. ANYBODY in the NFL will tell you that's a factor (not in your favor).

- We had major injuries to key offensive players. Enough said.

- Our backups at QB and WR were inadequate (and I'm being really polite here).

This year... everybody should be A LOT more comfortable with what Norv's trying to do here.

This year... Ricky's going to play more downs (that's just scary - to the opposing team, methinks).

This year... our o-line is (so far - knock on wood) healthier than last year.

This year... we do NOT have Lucas at backup QB. (BEST off-season move, IMHO - even over Jr.). In turn, we should be getting Griese. Solid backup.

This year... WR looks like it should be vastly improved, including backups.

Finally, this year... we were smart enought to resign Konrad, and McMichael will have a year's worth of NFL experience under his belt.

Don't know about everybody else, but I see PLENTY of reason for optomism.

All the nay-sayers can just kiss my :booty:

GO'PHINS! :rocker:

Well than discussion boards just aren't for you if you can't handle other peoples opinions. I'm tired of people on this board that claiming that others that point out things on our team that are questionable areas arent real fans or are talking S*@t.
That just isn't the case and if you can't handle people taking the all is perfect on my team glasses some of you wear then message boards just aren't for you.

Was it?

With the title 'Fiedler Bashing' and all the 'true fans' bashing those of us that don't follow statis quo, it turned into exactly what it was, a platform to bash the so called 'negative' posters.

If I posted the opposite 'Over-zealouly supporting Jay' and went on a rant how some ppl must not be 'true fans' because they do not want the QB position improved and how all they are doing is holding onto a three yr argument with the hopes of being able to say 'I told you so', you tell me how I would be recieved.

It's no different then what some of us have to put up with it's just the other side of the spectrum.

If I post what I suggested I'm a troublemaker, if it's a thread supporting JF then no problem.

One only has to look through a few pages of threads to see this is exactly the way it is and I am dead-on with that statement you have a problem with.

If you have a problem with this post could you PM me?

JS

Re: Was it?

With the title 'Fiedler Bashing' and all the 'true fans' bashing those of us that don't follow statis quo, it turned into exactly what it was, a platform to bash the so called 'negative' posters.

If I posted the opposite 'Over-zealouly supporting Jay' and went on a rant how some ppl must not be 'true fans' because they do not want the QB position improved and how all they are doing is holding onto a three yr argument with the hopes of being able to say 'I told you so', you tell me how I would be recieved.

It's no different then what some of us have to put up with it's just the other side of the spectrum.

If I post what I suggested I'm a troublemaker, if it's a thread supporting JF then no problem.

One only has to look through a few pages of threads to see this is exactly the way it is and I am dead-on with that statement you have a problem with.

If you have a problem with this post could you PM me?

JS

I really have no problem with this post, you are entitled to your perspective. Trust me... I do look through the threads, perhaps not every single one of them... but the majority I do.. and what I see from my perspective, is differences of opinion, and a debate of the issue, rather than people "jumping" on you. If people start "jumping" on others...that's when I step in...no matter what their position is. I'm sorry, but I don't see why you would think that they are jumping on you, just because they disagree. Isn't that a double standard?

No but that's not the case

The double standard is that those of us percieved as 'negative' are fair game for those percieved as 'positive'.

Want proof?

I think the 'Fiedler Bashing' thread is a perfect example and if you look through it again you'll see lots of bashing and it's not bashing Fiedler it's bashing fans.

Tell me, can I do this?:

If I posted the opposite 'Over-zealouly supporting Jay' and went on a rant how some ppl must not be 'true fans' because they do not want the QB position improved and how all they are doing is holding onto a three yr argument with the hopes of being able to say 'I told you so'

If there is a problem with me posting the above then THAT'S a double standard because those on the other side of the fence can do just the opposite.

What's the intention of these posts anyway?

Will everyone be happy when there's no one left to debate with?

IMO neither side has the right to start threads that are basically 'bait n bash'. Nothing good will come from them and they all end the same, moved, removed or closed.

JS

Re: No but that's not the case

The double standard is that those of us percieved as 'negative' are fair game for those percieved as 'positive'.
And visa-versa ....
Want proof?
Yes.

I think the 'Fiedler Bashing' thread is a perfect example and if you look through it again you'll see lots of bashing and it's not bashing Fiedler it's bashing fans.

I've read through it several times...the personal bashing was addressed... other than that, I see a debate of the issue. Please...point to one post that was a personal attack that I did not address.... please.

Tell me, can I do this?:
Sure, and you should expect some to agree, and others to disagree.... if they attack you personally, then one of us will step in...if it's the issue that they are attacking then you should expect it...if you don't want any debate...why make the post? Will you be happy if there is nobody that disagrees with you?

If there is a problem with me posting the above then THAT'S a double standard because those on the other side of the fence can do just the opposite.
I just told you...I have no problem with your post. You are entitled to your opinion. The problem I had was you trying to imply, that "that type of thread" was not allowed. It was an obvious attempt to take a stab at the staff.... therein lies my problem.

What's the intention of these posts anyway?
I think the person who started the thread has already ansered that.... why is it that everything needs to have some "hidden meaning"?

Will everyone be happy when there's no one left to debate with?
Again, I don't know where you get these ideas... debate is encouraged. Show me a post where any of the staff discouraged debating the issues....

IMO neither side has the right to start threads that are basically 'bait n bash'. Nothing good will come from them and they all end the same, moved, removed or closed.

Your're right...bait and bash will not be toerated...which is why KB21 was banned.. ... as will anyone else who does the same.

I'm tired of people making new threads about what they're tired of. hmm.. why don't we just make a tired thread, where everyone complains of what they're tired of? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom