Tired of the playing not to lose mentality.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tired of the playing not to lose mentality..

The jets took the receivers out of the game for the most part. Sherman was forced to call less aggreesive game.

This is far less of a viable complaint this year than it was last year....

Playing not to win? Yes, thats why in OT instead of chipping our way further down the field after the big Hartline reception we threw two bombs in attempt for a TD.

exactly my thought. my move would have involved Miller and I would have run an end around. they werent expecting that at all.

I know after week one someone posted about the Dolphins not trying to move the ball at the end of the first half and I agreed with them (although never responded). Some people came to the defense of the coaching in saying it was good/safe.

We have seen this mentality since Camron, look at the polar opposite in Tampa with those guys not even letting up in the closing seconds of a loss while on defense. We can agree or disagree that that may be extreme but I'd rather fault to that end than constantly sending the message that it's not always important to play 60 minutes.

Now to yesterday, the Dolphins had the ball with almost 2 minutes remaining in the first half and although didn't take a knee the went obviously conservative. One might think at this point that being they moved the ball well enough to get into field goal range at the end of the forth they could of moved it just as well at the end of the second and could of gotten another chance at a field goal. Or if nothing else they could of gotten some looks at the Jets defense in that two minute mode that could of helped their play calling in the final two minutes of the forth.

I'm sick of the cliche stuff like "play 60 minutes" or "give 110% effort" when the Dolphins at the core still don't have that. Let Tannehill play, let him make mistakes and learn.

You can't be serious...and you obviously didn't pay attention to the game yesterday!

You can't be serious...and you obviously didn't pay attention to the game yesterday!

No, and your reply isn't to point. I wasn't referring to how the game was called in whole I am referring to the examples I mentioned. And yes it was conservative. Is Tannehill playing at this point to win a championship? Don't kid yourself, he is playing to learn and gain experience. Wasting 2 minutes of pressure real life offense just doesn't make sense no matter how people want to explain it away.

Back
Top Bottom