TJ McDonald | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TJ McDonald

Ya I thought so as well. Keeping Landry and James is critical even if it means losing Pouncey. Tunsil and James both shut down Mack and deserve credit. To even think about drafting a LT and putting Tunsil at guard is crazy. Tunsil would more likely play RT if Jawuan leaves rather than putting him at guard. Not happening but just sayin there's a better chance which is about zero chance. He's not leaving LT for many many years whether it be with us or another squad. There's probably 15-20 teams that would gladly take Tunsil off our hands lol Why don't we just get a natural guard and leave the Tackles the way they are?
Agreed, except we need to lose pouncey no matter what. He’s a shell of himself

Withe NFL being such a pass first you'd better have a damn good FS. Having two guys that get better the closer to the LOS they play, that's 1986 football.

Tunsil and Howard are the two most disappointing players on the team so far. It figured as a down season based on historical trends but there was hope some young guys could establish as stars of the future.

I'm looking forward to T.J. McDonald. Part of the safety legacy from USC.
Are you saying the Dolphins will draft lineman and corners again?

So basically T.J Mcdonald is exactly what the doctors ordered? He is the missing piece to make this defense "Great Again"???

Jones is Not a Free Safety and TJ Mcdonald plays like a linebacker. We will have 2 SS on the field and no real FS. Besides Tank, Howard is definitely not as good as advertised and CB will be a high priority in the draft or Free agency.

CB would be very far down my list of needs this offseason. With Lippet back next yr we have 3 boundary corners that are decent. They only seem to get exposed when we have no pass rush which is often this season. Way more important needs. It was our LBs and S that were beat last game not the corners.

As good as Michael Thomas has been on ST he can not play safety or corner, not sure how much more the team needs to see this, I suspect he and the Dolphins part ways.

Lucky for our LB's they won't have to face Greg Olsen this week as they will already have their hands full with Christian McCaffrey. But leave it to the Dolphins to make Ed Dickson look like Tony Gonzales.

It won't matter much if Alonso is still in coverage. He needs to tighten it up or make way for somebody else. That will never happen though as we have no better options outside of keeping Maurice Smith in at safety and inserting TJ as a LB next to ???? Timmons? Alonso had severe issues diagnosing routes last week. He was always three steps behind his man.

Agreed, except we need to lose pouncey no matter what. He’s a shell of himself

Yup. Hate to say it but yes it's about that time. I've seen too many undrafted players specifically on the line, become studs. Tunsil was too good to pass up but I hope we're done drafting lineman in the first. We have 3 and what has that got us. It sucks now but the Dolphins will be okay. August 3rd our season changed and it's very hard to accept after waiting all year for the one thing we ALL LOVE. I honestly trust in Gase and not just because he's our coach but because he's competitive, smart, doesn't take ****, and I'd hate playing against him lol Gase is the best coach we've had since Saban. If he were fired tomorrow, we would all freak out. IMO anyways lol

Lucky for our LB's they won't have to face Greg Olsen this week as they will already have their hands full with Christian McCaffrey. But leave it to the Dolphins to make Ed Dickson look like Tony Gonzales.

It won't matter much if Alonso is still in coverage. He needs to tighten it up or make way for somebody else. That will never happen though as we have no better options outside of keeping Maurice Smith in at safety and inserting TJ as a LB next to ???? Timmons? Alonso had severe issues diagnosing routes last week. He was always three steps behind his man.

I see Christian McCaffrey killing us with possibly 15 receptions

Reshad Jones is not bringing that surgically repaired shoulder on anything horizontal across the los at the 2nd level. He’s trying to tackle with one arm on those.

I’m starting to get a little nervous and that shoulder harness isn’t helping.

Weird thing is though he doesn’t seem to be favoring it on anything downhill. Yet
Its difficult to get over the mental aspect of an injury and I would imagine much harder still when you play for a whole year + with said injury.

Back
Top Bottom