TMAC to ROCKETS, Is almost done. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TMAC to ROCKETS, Is almost done.

I think it's a good trade for the Rockets (and the Magic as well). It was well documented that Francis and Van Gundy did not see eye-to-eye.

As a Laker fan, I am not happy to see T-Mac in our conference.

I heard it was not going to be done cause Stevie does not want to go to Orlando. I heard it on ESPN...who knows?! :shakeno:

I just heard on ESPN that it's done as long as the Bobcats don't take any of them. Steve Francis said he doesn't wish to go to Orlando and as soon as he gets there will request a trade, but, if he doesn't get a trade, he will still play for the Magic.

Sounds like a stupid trade for the Rockets. Why get someone that will likely opt-out after 04 :shakeno:

It's basically a done deal if the Bobcats don't take Juwan Howard tonight, and I don't think they will take anybody with a deal as long as his(I believe he has 4-years left at around $6-8m a year).

This trade is stupid for Houston IMO. They are giving up way too much for him IMO. T-Mac isn't even a top 5 player in the NBA. He is a top 10 player in the league but I wouldn't give up that much for him. This could be like the trade made in baseball last year for Richie Sexson, giving up numerous quality players for one All-Star, and so far in baseball it hasn't panned out well for the D-backs.

Well I'm a Rockets fan and I'm all for it. It's obvious "The Franchise" isn't living up to the name. Lets not make the mistake of thinking that it was Francis that took the Rockets to the playoffs last year. Van Gundy had a lot to do with it and I hear some guy named Yao Ming might have had a little to do with it as well. (It was however Stevie Franchise who decided to dribble the ball for 15 seconds then put up an off balance 3 pt. shot with a defender in his face that cost the Rockets a game against the Lakers.) It's obvious that Francis doesn't fit well into Van Gundy's new "Big Man" scheme. As much as he wants to say that he's working on it and he's all for it, it's just a bunch of bull. Francis is a scorer, plain and simple. And his misses and air ball shots are getting old when he's trying to "make plays". Francis had the chance to be the leader of this team and failed, time to move on.

I don't mind seeing Mobley go too much either. He's a little to streaky for me, though when he's hot, he's very hot...I'll give him that. If he could stay consistant then I wouldn't have a problem with him, but as of late he can't. And as for Cato, well I'll miss the rebounds...and the 6 extra fouls and the overpriced contract...Oh wait a minute. We've got a 7'6 center for rebounds...and Mo Taylor for the fouls...so all I'm really missing is the contract right?

Now in McGrady we're getting another scorer with a constant playmaking ability, nice outside shot and more importantly someone who wants to win and wants to be here. He's publicly said that he wants to play in Houston with a top notch big man. Last time I check we had both of those. And mark my words, or the tape or board, whatever you want. Yao Ming will be the premier center in the NBA next year! Better than Wallace, J.O'Neal an yes even Shaq. IMO this is a great trade for the Rockets, so if everything hits I say pull the trigger.

Prime Time said:
This trade is stupid for Houston IMO. They are giving up way too much for him IMO. T-Mac isn't even a top 5 player in the NBA. He is a top 10 player in the league but I wouldn't give up that much for him. This could be like the trade made in baseball last year for Richie Sexson, giving up numerous quality players for one All-Star, and so far in baseball it hasn't panned out well for the D-backs.

It's not like they're trading the team away. I'm not completely in favor of this trade, but who is gonna stop T-Mac and Yao? Find that answer and then come back to me. And no, it's not Shaq and Kobe, because I doubt they're together next year.

I'm not gonna have a complete mind set on this trade until free agency is all said and done. Let's see if Houston can come away with a decent point guard like Carlos Arroyo or Rafer Alston. Many sources are saying that they're after Fisher as well.

I'm really starting to like Orlando's chances at being challenging Miami for the division title.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
It's not like they're trading the team away. I'm not completely in favor of this trade, but who is gonna stop T-Mac and Yao? Find that answer and then come back to me. And no, it's not Shaq and Kobe, because I doubt they're together next year.

But If they are together next year then that will be my answer :D

ChambersOwnz84 said:
I'm not gonna have a complete mind set on this trade until free agency is all said and done. Let's see if Houston can come away with a decent point guard like Carlos Arroyo or Rafer Alston. Many sources are saying that they're after Fisher as well.
Hadn't even realized that Fisher and Alston were going to be on the market. I'd love to see either of them out there with Jimmy Jackson at the SF and...wait who's going to play the PF. And if you say Mo Taylor I'ma smack you! :D

AggieFin21 said:
Hadn't even realized that Fisher and Alston were going to be on the market. I'd love to see either of them out there with Jimmy Jackson at the SF and...wait who's going to play the PF. And if you say Mo Taylor I'ma smack you! :D

Juwan Howard is in the deal. He'll play the 4.

Deal hit a snag? http://realgm.com/src_wiretap.php

"Looking elsewhere, the Magic entered into serious discussions with Phoenix yesterday, and the Suns are offering Shawn Marion, the up-and-coming Joe Johnson and this year's first-round pick (seventh over all), for McGrady."

Orlando would have to be the dumbest team in the NBA to take Houston's deal over that. Are they stupid? Too young studs and #7 overall?

Look at that line-up:

1-Devin Harris(#7 overall)
2-Joe Johnson
3-Shawn Marion
4-Drew Gooden
5-Emeka Okafor(#1 overall)

That's sick in the future.

Back
Top Bottom