TMAC to ROCKETS, Is almost done. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TMAC to ROCKETS, Is almost done.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
Deal hit a snag? http://realgm.com/src_wiretap.php

"Looking elsewhere, the Magic entered into serious discussions with Phoenix yesterday, and the Suns are offering Shawn Marion, the up-and-coming Joe Johnson and this year's first-round pick (seventh over all), for McGrady."

Orlando would have to be the dumbest team in the NBA to take Houston's deal over that. Are they stupid? Too young studs and #7 overall?

Look at that line-up:

1-Devin Harris(#7 overall)
2-Joe Johnson
3-Shawn Marion
4-Drew Gooden
5-Emeka Okafor(#1 overall)

That's sick in the future.
Only problem I see with that line up is Okafor would be more suited to playing PF than C, a sort of Duncan or J.O'Neal-ish type situation. He's not a true center.

He's not a true center, but it is the Eastern Conference.

I mean...there's even a chance Stromile Swift plays center this year, especially if he comes to the East.

Gooden is horrible. All he does is hit the offensive boards. If you are looking at him to play major minutes at PF your team is destined to struggle.

Okafor looks to be a PF, he measured at 6'8 3/4 at a workout, without shoes.

Orlando gm on T-Mac "I'm pretty sure we could have finished in last place without T-Mac." He has won NOTHING in his career and is another Iverson waiting to happen. His practice habits are shoddy and who's to say he will give the ball to Yao if he does go? One of the more overrated players around.

Franchise is a petulant little baby. Please alert me when he isn't crying or having that "someone just stole my lunch money" look....overrated as well.

These players were made for each other and it is hilarious that they will be dealt for each other.

What's this I hear about the Phoenx Suns in the mix now?! :yell: T-Mac for Marion? I swear I'll become the biggest Suns hater around if they come in and screw this up for the Rockets.:fire:

Francis says that if he's traded to the Magic he will opt out, so I imagine it would be a three team trade sending T-Mac to the Rockets, Francis to the Suns, and Marion to the Magic. At least that's my guess.

Bodzilla29 said:
Okafor looks to be a PF, he measured at 6'8 3/4 at a workout, without shoes.

This is the Eastern Conference. Okafor can and probably will play center, whether he's a Magic or Bobcat.

Consider this deal as good as done gentlemen. In an article released by the Orlando Sentinel, Steve Francis has met with the Magic's owner and through his agent has annouced that he no longer has any reservations about playing for the magic and likes the view that the management has for the future of the team. So it looks as if the deal will go something like this:

Francis, Mobley and Cato for McGrady, Howard, Lue and Gaines.

Further cementing the deal was the Magic trading for PG Jameer Nelson. Since they're shipping out both their PGs, they'll need a servicable back up to Francis. But to play devil's advocate, I guess it could also be viewed as trading for someone to compete at the PG spot if they dont get Francis.

So with the deal going down it appears the Rockets starting roster will look something like this...

c- Yao Ming
pf- Juwan Howard
sf- Jim Jackson
sg- Tracy McGrady
pg- ??? (Here's where it gets interesting. We've got a nice veteran in Mark Jackson but I'd really like to see Mike Wilks step up, hit his potential and crack the starting line up. Then again, going after a Derek Fisher or Rafer Alston peeks my interest as well)

I wouldn't trade T-Mac for Marion & others because that would leave the Magic without any shooters. If you trade a prolific scorer like T-Mac you have to get a scorer & someone that can shoot in return. Marion is a very good all around player but he can't carry a team nor dependable in the clutch. For that I think the Francis & Mobley deal is better. I wouldn't count on it but a Francis-Mobley-Hill-Gooden-the Center(won't be Howard) is a very promising future.

SMadison29 said:
I wouldn't count on it but a Francis-Mobley-Hill-Gooden-the Center(won't be Howard) is a very promising future.

You don't actually think Hill will actually play a full season ever again to you man? He is finished, and if he ever does come back he will NOT be the Grant Hill of the Detroit Pistons, he will be a shell of his former self. You can't be out of the game injured for 4 years and come back the same.

Gooden is brutal. Waste of ability. If he is counted on to play major minutes the Magic will be lottory bound again.

No center to speak of in Magicland, maybe Cato. I think he would be ok as just a defender/rebounder. Better than any loser Orlando threw out last year.

Francais and Mobley are both volume shooters and need to learn how to play a team game or Dwight Howard will never get the ball down low, that is if he is even bothered enough to go down there.

Mbley is my favorite player in the deal, but obviously not the best(in terms of ability).

Mobley and Cato are more than likely on the move, just to remind you.

This next NBA season will be wierd with all of these players in new uniforms. Thats just the way profesional sports are these days

t2thejz said:
This next NBA season will be wierd with all of these players in new uniforms. Thats just the way profesional sports are these days

And now Nene is spitting fire in the Brazil papers saying the Nugs are discussing moving him for K-Mart, but he wants to come to Miami where he'd be 8 hours from home. :up:

Yea..how good is he anyway though. I know he is young. How much potential does he have?

Back
Top Bottom