Tony Jefferson, Eric Weddle pushing Jarvis Landry to sign with Ravens

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

Landry's market is going to be ROBUST. This is just the start. He's going to get 13-14 million a year easy.

2. gofins60

gofins60 A True Fan

Gase is just like Philbin; he's clueless when it comes to knowing the strengths/weaknesses of his players, and he won't even consider the fact that he may have back-ups that are more talented than the starters. He didn't know what he had in Drake until after Ajayi was traded. They traded up for Carroo and he wasn't bad when he was given playing time, but Gase won't put him out there to see what he can do. Parker has pretty much been a bust, yet he's still out on the field each game (when he's not injured, that is). Gase is Philbin 2.0, and I'm sick of watching this team ruined by an inept Front Office and another inexperienced Head Coach who has no business holding that title.

Finuk, Hooligan and MinnFinFan like this.
  3. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

Sign Landry or get a TE to replace his catches, Caroo isn't bad they have to play him, can't be a bust if they don't showcase their talent, Jerry rice wouldn't be in the Hall Of Fame if the 49'ers didn't showcase him. Sometimes you have to build a relationship with your receivers, inconsistency at QB over the past 3 season didn't allow for continuity, Dolphins are still in the "Need" mode instead of the want mode. they need to resign Landry.

4. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

if he gets that much on the market then he's a dolphin

5. Tannchise

Tannchise A True Fan

will just be another excuse to stay the same for another season

6. Indigofire11

Indigofire11 Active Member

Bingo. This is an omen.... If he goes to Ravens ...well....I'll just let it play out.

7. Wishfishin

Wishfishin Waterboy

Let me know when he makes All-Pro. The Pro Bowl is a joke.

Ray R, Phinatic8u and DolfanDuBbZ~ like this.
  8. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

Good for Landry if a team like the Ravens is willing to give him 15 mill or whatever his contract demands are......just glad it's not us. The Dolphins have way too many holes on this roster to spend that kind of money on one player, even a player that is as dynamic as Landry is. I have heard many screaming about bad contracts and players being overpaid by this Dolphins organization for years, we finally get a coach who draws a line in the sand and the blow back from his stance is incredible by some. We attack the FO, the coach, and even the owner over this one player who the Dolphins (in their judgement) deem too expensive to resign. Gase doesn't know talent, Tannebaum should be fired, Ross should sell the team but we absolutely have to keep Landry at any cost because he is "The heart and soul" of this team........what crap. How many players would we have to cut, restructure or ask to take a paycut to fit Landry and his inflated contract under our cap....and we haven't even picked up any FAs or drafted any players yet. Landry seems to be so confident that he is going to be one of the top highest paid receivers in the league........we'll see.

ANUFan, Stoobz, Ray R and 2 others like this.
  9. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

**** those cocksuckers.

10. sleek

sleek $$UNDERDOG$$

Landry is an overpriced diva.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018 at 9:41 AM
  11. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin It's 5 o'clock somewhere Moderator Finheaven VIP

Avigatorx likes this.
  12. Eesti

Eesti Rookie

I don't see the Ravens as a contender considering the cap space. I do see the Bears in the market with almost $40M in cap space and a young QB who needs a quick read option. Also the 49ers. I think their GM, John Lynch would love the toughness. They have over $80M in cap space.

spiketex likes this.
  13. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Would probably bring that team more excitement than Wins. He’d get along fine in that division though.

Ultimately it will be sad to see him go (if indeed he does) but the sentiment that we can’t repkace him is nuts. We’re one of the worst offenses in football and we can’t replace his 100 receptions for sub 1000 yards? Doubt it. This is a player who I wanted to resign badly at whatever cost, but after giving it thought I have walked that back.

If we sign I hope it’s financially reasonable even though that option seems long gone. He offers a safety net to Tannehill which is a bad thing jsut as much as it is good.

14. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Well-Known Member

Exceptionally God awful...That's my boy, though; plus best background music over all the youtube playas.

15. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

Meh ... With each passing moment I get over Juice a little bit more.

We're not gonna give him $15 mil, and somebody else will.

This is his time to get paid. I don't blame him, it just ain't gonna be us.

16. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

If I was Landry I wouldn't touch the Ravens with a 10 foot pole. I'd pack up and head for San Fran, Indy or the Rams.

17. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

Landry could put the Rams over the top. That team has a lot of talent on both sides of the ball already.

Wentz was getting all the hype while Goff slid by under the radar (just a bit) for most of the season but he really impressed me. Aside from his physical skills, he's a true commander of his team and his offense. He generates a lot of force in his throws with what appears to be very little effort. They are a fun team to watch..

18. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

Christian Kirk WR, Texas A&M

19. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

I'd like to emulate the Rams to be honest. I think that team goes deep into the play offs this year. Which leads me to Sammy Watkins, if you lose Landry I think Watkins could help Miami and won't command nearly the price that Landry will get.

20. rickd13

rickd13 Scout Team

I would be surprised if the Rams had any interest in Landry. They already have Kupp at a tiny fraction of the cost it would take to sign Landry. I also disagree a little about what you said about Goff. He does a good job of commanding the offense like you said, but the one thing that I don't love about him is his physical ability to throw the ball. He becomes inaccurate throwing the ball when he has to move and unlike you, I do not believe he throws the ball with much "force". His physical attributes do not wow me in any way.

21. Stoobz

Stoobz Scout Team Finheaven VIP

Landry is now in hyperinflated, overrated territory.

*Some* Dolphin fans act like he's the second coming of Jerry Rice, Don Hutson and Randy Moss all rolled into one.

He's a friggin' SLOT receiver guys! Darn good but c'mon man!

Let him go and spend your money WISELY Miami.

Anvil35 likes this.
  22. ANUFan

ANUFan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

What is Landry going to bring to the RAMs to "put the Rams over the top" exactly?

23. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

If Landry hits unrestricted free agency, he's not going to be a Dolphin. Period.

24. Turin

Turin Member

Tony Jefferson in recuiting hard. Even in Landry's last weet the two are exhangin a few words

25. ANUFan

ANUFan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Sure teams are going to be tripping over each other to pay Jarvis Landry $13M+

26. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

He fits the Ravens physical mentality.