Too many missed BIG throws. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Too many missed BIG throws.

Crazysimon

Scout Team
Reaction score
Listen, I LOVE tannehills heart. He wanted to win and he proved it taking hits and all. What scares me is that he missed on 3 throws (2 of which were touchdowns) to hartline. I knew going into this season and this game that we probably weren't going to do a whole lot of winning, but I just wanted to see the throws and talent from tannehill. Haven't really seen much growth throughout the season.

Brady missed a couple of wide open TD's down the field today as well. Does that mean that he sucks or does it mean that connecting on long TD passes isn't exactly a gimme?

You are right, he missed several key throws . . . the 2 to Hartline, the one to Bush, the poor start with all the low throws . . . he didn't have a great game and if the Dolphins are going to win games like the one we saw today, he needs to be better. Playmakers, OLine . . . Tannehill has to hit those throws, we aren't good enough to be missing those opportunities.

One of the ones to Hartline should have been more downfield for sure, but it still ended up hitting him in the chest and was dropped. Just saying . . .

If Tanny plays better, we win. The whole team showed up huge...except the QB.

Brady missed a couple of wide open TD's down the field today as well. Does that mean that he sucks or does it mean that connecting on long TD passes isn't exactly a gimme?

Nobody said Tannehill "sucks" why so defensive? The OP is right, Tannehill missed several throws today. Tannehill is no Brady and Tannehill wasn't facing a Defense like ours.

You're picking only the long td pass? What about the overthrow in the back of the end zone? Or the severe under throw along the sidelines?? Look at what Andrew luck and russel Wilson did today. They made the plays to win.

One of the ones to Hartline should have been more downfield for sure, but it still ended up hitting him in the chest and was dropped. Just saying . . .

Not even that one . . . the deep one early was long and the one on that last FG drive was high. Missed TD opportunities. High and behind Reggie when he won in the slot . . . u can't miss those. U gotta hit your WR in stride. Too many missed throws.

Nawwwhh we dont care about that kinda stuff we prefer to blame the QB around here.

He did miss those throws yes, but people make it sound like those should be automatic. They are far from it. For the most part, Tannehill has had pretty good accuracy down the field this year. I believe his completion percentage is actually up there for all QB's when throwing deep. The issue as I see it is that we don't call enough plays downfield to give him a chance. If you only take one or two shots a game, you need to connect on them all to make an impact. No QB in the league is going to do that, not even Brady. That was sort of my point.

He under threw Hartlinebut did it NOT hit him in the stomach? yes, that was catcable as usual he tried to catch it wiht his stomach thats on hartline to at least catch it even though there was room for more yards if he was thrown further.

end of the day tannehill under threw but hartline dropped it since it went THROUGH his hands and under his stomach.

You are right, he missed several key throws . . . the 2 to Hartline, the one to Bush, the poor start with all the low throws . . . he didn't have a great game and if the Dolphins are going to win games like the one we saw today, he needs to be better. Playmakers, OLine . . . Tannehill has to hit those throws, we aren't good enough to be missing those opportunities.

Thats the problem.

Tannehill is a rookie. He makes mistakes. Brady also missed some big throws today. But the difference between us and the Pats is we dont have the talent to overcome mistakes.

When everything goes exactly according to plan, we win. But, to paraphrase an old military saying, no gameplan survives contact with the opponent.

He under threw Hartlinebut did it NOT hit him in the stomach? yes, that was catcable as usual he tried to catch it wiht his stomach thats on hartline to at least catch it even though there was room for more yards if he was thrown further.

end of the day tannehill under threw but hartline dropped it since it went THROUGH his hands and under his stomach.

Completely inaccurate observation. Thats clearly not what happened

Back
Top Bottom