Top 10 Fins for 2017 per Phin Phanatic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 Fins for 2017 per Phin Phanatic

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Number 10: Kiko Alonso

Alonso had a fantastic year in 2016 leading the Dolphins in tackles as well as making two game clinching plays. One against San Diego and another against San Francisco. His play earned him a contract extension and it appears that Alonso has found fit with Miami. Something he didn’t have with Bufflao and Philadelphia.

Number 9: Laremy Tunsil:

Tunsil played well last year at guard but his natural position is left tackle. The Dolphins were impressed with his play at LT last season when he stepped in for Branden Albert. So much so that they traded to Albert to Jacksonville to make Tunsil the full time left tackle.

9805632-nfl-afc-wild-card-miami-dolphins-at-pittsburgh-steelers-850x560.jpeg

Jan 8, 2017; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Miami Dolphins running back Jay Ajayi (23) carries the ball as Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison (92) chases during the first half in the AFC Wild Card playoff football game at Heinz Field. Mandatory Credit: Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports

Number 8: Kenny Stills

Stills’ production in 2016 also led to a contract extension. Stills’ ability to get open deep and his timing with Ryan Tannehill made the duo a dangerous tandem. Stills however isn’t just a one trick deep route pony, he has progressed into a possession receiver as well a solid route runner. 2016 should see an increase in production as he and Tannehill acclimate more to the Adam Gase offense.

Number 7: Jay Ajayi

When the season started many believed that Ajayi would be traded after being benched to open the season. In fact, he wasn’t just benched he was left home for opening weekend in Seattle. Ajayi had two routes to travel. Get his head together or continue down a path that would move him out of Miami. Ajayi responded almost immediately. He put his personal disappointment aside and found the team concept that Gase was preaching.

Ajayi not only ran for three 200 yard games in 2016 he became the teams unquestioned starter. Ajayi made the Pro-Bowl as an alternate in 2016 and was voted the 58th best player in the NFL’s top 100 players.

Ajayi will look to continue his rushing dominance in 2017 and behind a better offensive line, he easily should.

DSC01022-850x560.jpg

Tannehill warms up pre-game – Image by Brian Miller

Number 6: Mike Pouncey

Without the injured hip Pouncey would be higher on the list but frankly, it’s hard to rely on him for a full season. Still when he is healthy he is absolutely Pro-Bowl material and the Dolphins offensive line is always at it’s best.

Pouncey has yet to finish a full season since 2012. Hip injuries have plagued his career. This off-season Pouncey underwent specialized therapy to increase his healing and has been at practices without a cane. It will be important to see how he responds in training camp when first contact occurs.

Number 5: Ryan Tannehill

Tannehill make major strides in the right direction in 2016 but there are still questions from a lot of people. It seems Tannehill has as many fans as detractors. Like Pouncey there is a question about his health.

After suffering a grade II MCL sprain in 2016 Tannehill did not need surgery despite a partial tear of the ACL. Tannehill isn’t expected to have many physical limitations if any but mentally he could have problems with hits and it’s uncertain if he will be as active in running the ball when lanes are not as wide.

9775704-nfl-miami-dolphins-at-buffalo-bills-850x560.jpeg

Dec 24, 2016; Orchard Park, NY, USA; Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh (93) on the sideline before the game against the Buffalo Bills at New Era Field. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Hoffman-USA TODAY Sports

Number 4: Reshad Jones

There seems to be a theme with numbers four through six. Injuries. Jones is returning from a season ending shoulder injury and all indications are that he will be perfectly fine for the 2017 season. When healthy Jones is one of the top safeties in the NFL, the best if you ask him.

His absence in 2016 was felt all season and especially in the post-season. More importantly his absence hurt the run defense where Miami ranked 2nd to last on the season. Jones signed a new contract earlier in the off-season and the Dolphins are expecting an immediate return of Jones on the field.

Number 3: Ndamukong Suh

Suh is a force on the field and has become a lead by example player off of it. As one of the highest paid individuals on the roster (he and Ryan Tannehill alternate each year for the honor of top paid) Suh has embraced his off-season in Miami. Unlike in Detroit, Suh spends a lot of his time in Miami and shows up for the off-season work which isn’t required.

On the field it’s hard to not notice his stellar play but Miami still has not been able to take advantage of Suh’s presence. Linebacker problems have put Miami in a hole at stopping the run and with double and sometimes triple teams on Suh, someone needs to step up.

Regardless, Suh is a dominant player that is still making plays.

9767350-nfl-miami-dolphins-at-buffalo-bills-850x560.jpeg

Dec 24, 2016; Orchard Park, NY, USA; Miami Dolphins wide receiver Jarvis Landry (14) runs after a catch and breaks a tackle by Buffalo Bills nose tackle Marcell Dareus (99) during the second half at New Era Field. The Dolphins beat the Bills 34-31 in overtime. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Hoffman-USA TODAY Sports

Number 2: Cameron Wake

Wake should have been the Comeback Player of the Year in 2016 turning in one of his best pro seasons since coming to Miami. A dominant force that has Jason Taylor saying Wake is a better pass rusher than JT. That’s a big endorsement.

While it’s unlikely that Wake makes the Pro-Football Hall of Fame, simply hasn’t played as many years as most others, he will most assuredly be enshrined in the Dolphins “Ring of Honor”. At 34 Wake is still playing a top level and last year saw the DE intercept his first NFL pass.

Number 1: Jarvis Landry

When it comes to being prepared it’s hard to find anyone who puts more time and effort into the game. Landry has been regularly staying after practices since his rookie season. He has emerged on the field as a go to outlet for Ryan Tannehill and in his three seasons thus far has caught more passes than any other receivers in history over the same first three years.

Landry has also become a fan favorite and is on the verge of becoming the face of the franchise. Wether as a pass receiver or a return man, Landry puts 100% effort on every play no matter what and his athleticism stands out as one of the best in the NFL. This year he ranked 42 on the NFL’s top 100 list. The highest ranking of any Miami Dolphin player.

They actually think that's the correct order lol Wow

Suh or Reshad need to be #1.

Ajayi at #7 is laughable.

Stills isn't a top 10 player.

Parker had more yds, catches, just not more Tds. (Parker created many Tds for Stills)

By the end of the year it will be (just my opinion)

10. Kiko
9. Howard
8. Parker
7. Tannehill
6. Wake/Pouncey if healthy doubt that happens
5. Ajayi
4. Tunsil
3. Landry
2. Jones
1. Suh

What was Alonso's game saving play vs San Fransisco? Suh was the one who ran down Kaepernick from behind and tackled him. Alonso just piled on as usual. He had nothing to do with the stop, he just wanted to get in a late shot.

Alonso got abused and was exposed all through out that game.

Howard at #9
Very bold prediction Jakeenthedream.
Hope Wake has a good enough season to be ranked #6 .

Howard at #9
Very bold prediction Jakeenthedream.
Hope Wake has a good enough season to be ranked #6 .

Ya I truly think Howard becomes a stud quicker than some expect although some do agree.
Premium talent at a premium position.

I could be wrong on 1-10 for sure.

I think Wake has shown nothing to disprove him from being a top 6 player.

And I thought I'd be crucified for having him that low lol

As you can tell, I think Tunsil is a potential Hofer barring any setbacks.

Stills isn't a top 10 player IMO and Landry isn't better than Suh or Reshad.

Parker could end up being higher.

Who knows? Julius Thomas could find himself on that list

Time will tell.

PHINS UP!!!

I will say
10 Drake
9 Wake
8 Harris
7 Parker
6 Tunsil
5 Ajayi
4 Tanny
3 Landry
2 Jones
1 Suh

Very bold prediction with Drake and Harris lol

I'm playin lol That would be great if they both made that list.

If Harris becomes a top 10 player on the fins, we made the best defensive choice in decades.

PHINS UP Brother!!

What was Alonso's game saving play vs San Fransisco? Suh was the one who ran down Kaepernick from behind and tackled him. Alonso just piled on as usual. He had nothing to do with the stop, he just wanted to get in a late shot.

I'm a Kiko supporter but yes brother.

Kiko ran around like a lost dog.

I hate everything Kap stands for but he's def a good enough player to start on teams. (He made our back 7 look like 4th graders)

Jets are dumb for not taking a look. I guess they know there's no chance anyways this year lol

Yawn. This again?

giphy.gif

I would go:

10. Parker
9. Alonso
8. Timmons
7. Ajayi
6. Tunsil
5. Jones
4. Landry
3. Tannehill
2. Wake