Top 10 overall players in the draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 overall players in the draft

PhinsTD said:
I'm curious as to why you think Degory will fall to the 7th? I see him in the 5th round area. Just wondering.

I'm actually glad you asked because I can't explain on my sig. Basically it is this:

1) Last year there was a player with similar talent named Ben Wilkerson LSU, now I know Wilkerson had some injury issues, however even with those he was ranked the 3rd best center in the draft by many experts. However Wilkerson was not even drafted.

2) This year Degory is ranked either 4th or 5th best Center in the draft behind Mangold, Eslinger, Chester and possibly Cook. nfldraftcountdown has Degory ranked 4th best, ESPN scouts inc has him ranked 9th best center in the draft....not even draftable. GBNreport has his as 5th best center in the draft.

3) His overall ranking according to nfldraftcountdown is 189, gbn 117, espn not even on the charts of ranking. 189 = 20th pick in the 6th round, very close to our pick in the 7th round (212). 117 gbn which hasn't really updated their overall rankings because they have him 5th best but that doesn't go with their overall rankings but 117= 20th pick in the 4th round. I would be very suprised if he went in the 4th round. ESPN doesn't have him in the top 150 so my guess if he's the 9th best center, is that he's ranked even lower than 189.

There are other sites and work I've done on my mock and some is my opinion, some research etc but 7th round Mike Degory....pull the trigger....he'll be there.

Hey newlownorder, I don't really understand that mock in your sig. I highly doubt we go with 2 offensive guys on the first day. Can you explain as to why you think that?

1. Reggie Bush
2. Matt Leinart
3. Michael Huff
4. D'Brickashaw
5. A.J. Hawk
6. Vince Young
7. Mario Williams
8. Winston Justice
9. Broderick Bunkley
10. Vernon Davis

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Hey newlownorder, I don't really understand that mock in your sig. I highly doubt we go with 2 offensive guys on the first day. Can you explain as to why you think that?

You absolutly right about two offensive players Jackson and Spencer being drafted in the 1st day. If you have seen any of my other mocks I had Pat Watkins S at that point and I've very torn between Spencer and Watkins. Here's a name we should remember Wroten DT LSU. He was once considered a 1st round pick, slipped alittle bit to the beginning of the 2nd round, now its been said that he's failed a drug test which could make him slip even more so it's possible he could fall all the way to the 3rd. Another name would be Kyle Williams DT, I know Saban said he would like to look at DT so it wouldn't be a shock to me to see Williams drafted by us in either the 3rd or 4th round. I know we have looked at Spencer more than once so it wouldn't suprise me if Saban took him in the 3rd round if available. So call it my man crush on Spencer being the best available player mixed with my believe that our S position isn't as bad as people say, mixed with we have horrible guard depth. It will probably be D, I really don't think saban will wait til the 2nd day to draft the d. Also note that I believe the dolphins will trade down in this draft, maybe not the 1st round pick, but 3rd or 4th round....and that I cannot foresee.

1 - Mario Williams
2 - D'Brickashaw Ferguson
3 - AJ Hawk
4 - Michael Huff
5 - DeAngelo Williams
6 - Reggie Bush
7 - Vernon Davis
8 - Haloti Ngata
9 - Winston Justice
10 - Jay Cutler

also note that I'm in the process of updating my draft hopefully I'll have it finished by tonight, I've been working on in all day...no promises. thanks for the questions.

top 15

1.reggie bush
2.mario williams
3.vince young
4.micheal huff
5.vernon davis
6.aj hawk
7.b.ferguson
8.antonio cromartie
9.haloti ngata
10.nick mangold
11.brodrick bunkley
12.santonio holmes
13.manny lawson
14.matt leinart
15.erinie sims

Anyone who doesn't have Reggie Bush atop there board is just flat out kidding themselves. Have you seen the guy play?

Ghetti13 said:
1. Reggie Bush
2. Mario Williams
3. Vince Young
4. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
5. A.J. Hawk
6. Vernon Davis
7. Jay Cutler
8. DeAngelo Williams
9. Michael Huff
10. Winston Justice

i agree on that

1.) A.J Hawk
2.) Mario Williams
3.) D' Brichishaw Ferguson
4.) Jay Cutler
5.) Santonio Holmes
6.) Holati Ngata
7.) Vernon Davis
8.) Matt Leinart
9.) Bobby Carpenter
10.) Reggie Bush

This isn't how these players will be drafted, but how I feel they rank.

1. Vince Young
2. A.J. Hawk
3. Mario Williams
4. Michael Huff
5. Reggie Bush
6. Matt Leinart
7. Vernon Davis
8. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
9. Winston Justice
10. Kamerion Wimbley

*This is how I feel these guys will perform in the NFL, it's not based on potential. If based off potential Bush and Young would be at the top. Bush will not be an every down back, he'll be an all around great football player. AJ Hawk and Michael Huff are the 2 safest picks in this draft IMO. Hawk will be a tackling machine that can play sideline to sideline. Urlacher type player.

1. Reggie
2. Mario Williams
3. AJ Hawk
4. Ferguson
5. Cutler
6. Huff
7. Matt Leinart
8. Vernon Davis
9. Ernie Sims
10. Ngata

Huff
Hawk