Top 10 overall players in the draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 overall players in the draft

newlownorder said:
I'm actually glad you asked because I can't explain on my sig. Basically it is this:

1) Last year there was a player with similar talent named Ben Wilkerson LSU, now I know Wilkerson had some injury issues, however even with those he was ranked the 3rd best center in the draft by many experts. However Wilkerson was not even drafted.

2) This year Degory is ranked either 4th or 5th best Center in the draft behind Mangold, Eslinger, Chester and possibly Cook. nfldraftcountdown has Degory ranked 4th best, ESPN scouts inc has him ranked 9th best center in the draft....not even draftable. GBNreport has his as 5th best center in the draft.

3) His overall ranking according to nfldraftcountdown is 189, gbn 117, espn not even on the charts of ranking. 189 = 20th pick in the 6th round, very close to our pick in the 7th round (212). 117 gbn which hasn't really updated their overall rankings because they have him 5th best but that doesn't go with their overall rankings but 117= 20th pick in the 4th round. I would be very suprised if he went in the 4th round. ESPN doesn't have him in the top 150 so my guess if he's the 9th best center, is that he's ranked even lower than 189.

There are other sites and work I've done on my mock and some is my opinion, some research etc but 7th round Mike Degory....pull the trigger....he'll be there.

It would surprise me if he were there, but I'd be happy. I think he lacks the tools to be a star, but he has the upside of a starter and would definitely be a nice backup G/C with his size and ability. He needs to improve his hand placement and his functional core strength, but he has the tools to play in the NFL and be a starter.

PhinsTD said:
It would surprise me if he were there, but I'd be happy. I think he lacks the tools to be a star, but he has the upside of a starter and would definitely be a nice backup G/C with his size and ability. He needs to improve his hand placement and his functional core strength, but he has the tools to play in the NFL and be a starter.

Yeah, you never know cause alot of people last year thought Wilkerson would be a 3rd round pick, 4th rounder easy and didn't get drafted. He's a very good backup G/C for a team, I'm not convinced Wade Smith is a perfect fit for Center. He at least provides us with some guard/center depth that we need. I also think he has problems with strength and hand placement but he's a smart guy and the hand placement will come with help from houck, the strength will come in time, he needs to just hit the weights, has alot of potential to be a solid starter with the right teaching.

p.s.- new mock coming today....hopefully.

I'm going to use one word to describe each
1. R. Bush - Electrofying
2. D. Ferguson - D'BrickWall
3. M. Williams - Freak
4. M. Leinart - Consistant
5. A.J. Hawk - Dominator
6. V. Davis - Amazing
7. J. Cutler - Excellence
8. V. Young - Superman
9. A. Cromartie - Fly
10.W. Justice - Enforcer

Back