Top 5 Dolphins Plays | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Dolphins Plays

Well 2008, we made a whole season out of a trick formation. They broke it out against the Pats and completely destroyed them with it...

I don’t think it’s top 5 ever, but last year the 50+ fg in Buffalo to send it to ot or Jay 60 yard that set up the gw field goal that clinched our first playoff appearance in 8 years.

I really debated adding the Marino to Fryar play- my top 4 I am sold on because they are all playoff games and more meaningful games. So I debated the Patriots game vs the Jets game, essentially for the #5 spot. It really could have gone either way, but the NYJ game was on the road and we started that comeback down 18. I just thought it had more weight factoring in those two things. For that reason I tossed in the Patriots play as an HM....it had to get some love.
I am unfortunately a smidge too young (HA!) to remember the Dick Anderson play, though I have seen it and it looks incredible.

As one poster astutely noticed, the most recent of these plays is almost 17 years ago- it's been a long time since we've really been a contender. I just wanted to go back and re-live some glory moments.

Mark Clayton's 1 handed catch on the ground on a bomb from Marino in 1991 at a frozen Soldier Field still gets me really excited

Had to go and actually post this on YouTube myself as it seems to have been lost to history. From the 1971 AFC Championship Game...3rd quarter, Dolphins hanging onto a slim 7-0 lead.

Just check out the blocking...

Last edited:
Once again, here is my favorite. This play has history written all over it.

I’m 25, I have seen all the highlights and I know our history, but I’m going to do my top 5 in MY lifetime.

1- Lamar Smith OT TD vs Indy
2- Greg Camarillo
3- chambers GW td vs buf to seal best comeback I have seen as a fan
4- Fiedler TD vs Oakland
5- can wake walkoff safety

My nomination is going to consist of two of the most innocuous players in Miami history

2007: Lemon to Camarillo TD to avoid 0-16.

Back
Top Bottom