Top 5 QB's in this draft? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 QB's in this draft?

Agree. Hope we remain patient and don’t dump multiple picks to the Lions to move up for Tua. If he’s there then great. My 1st choice is LB Isaiah Simmons.
I would love it if we picked Simmons. I’ve watched almost every game he’s played and he is all over the field. He can rush the passer, stop the run and then drop back and defend the pass. The perfect player for our defense.

I would love it if we picked Simmons. I’ve watched almost every game he’s played and he is all over the field. He can rush the passer, stop the run and then drop back and defend the pass. The perfect player for our defense.

I would be ok with that... if they find a way to draft Jordan Love also.

Nothing more useless than a QB bust.

This, to me, is the single most sensible thing that has EVER been posted on Finheaven. A QB bust is the absolute kiss of death for a coach, the G.M., and most of the franchise.

Only if the coach and GM stop looking. Why tie yourself to the outcome of one player when you don't have to?

Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Love
Hurts

What say you?
Not sure ... but I'm not touching Jordan Love with a 10 foot pole. At best he is a huge gamble on upside, and more likely, he's simply not good enough for the NFL. I'd say that while Tua is a talent, his injury problems take him out of the 1st round for me. Herbert hasn't convinced me ... and I wanted him to convince me. Hurts is not an NFL QB, IMHO. My #2 would be Jake Fromm, best reading and reaction skills pre-snap and post-snap in the draft, good decision maker, and very accurate thrower. The NFL isn't too fast for him visually or mentally, and that's where 99% of the kids fail to make the transition. Jacob Eason is intriguing ... but raw, a gunslinger, has bad footwork, inconsistent ... and other stuff. But man, Eason's quick release is fantastic, strong arm, seems to recognize things very quickly and processes it into a throw instantly, with good accuracy. But, he needs work. I'd say Fromm #2 and not sure, but maybe Eason #3 ... then Herbert #4 and the wildcard is Tua, who could fit in anywhere in here if he can stay healthy.

Not sure ... but I'm not touching Jordan Love with a 10 foot pole. At best he is a huge gamble on upside, and more likely, he's simply not good enough for the NFL. I'd say that while Tua is a talent, his injury problems take him out of the 1st round for me. Herbert hasn't convinced me ... and I wanted him to convince me. Hurts is not an NFL QB, IMHO. My #2 would be Jake Fromm, best reading and reaction skills pre-snap and post-snap in the draft, good decision maker, and very accurate thrower. The NFL isn't too fast for him visually or mentally, and that's where 99% of the kids fail to make the transition. Jacob Eason is intriguing ... but raw, a gunslinger, has bad footwork, inconsistent ... and other stuff. But man, Eason's quick release is fantastic, strong arm, seems to recognize things very quickly and processes it into a throw instantly, with good accuracy. But, he needs work. I'd say Fromm #2 and not sure, but maybe Eason #3 ... then Herbert #4 and the wildcard is Tua, who could fit in anywhere in here if he can stay healthy.
Fromm might want to not have a 5 game streak of sub 50% completion percentage before people start assuming that the NFL isn't too fast for him visually or mentally. Guy was the definition of a QB getting carried and being asked to do the absolute minimum. He's a Tannehill at his absolute best.

1)Tua
2)Burrow
3)Herbert
4) James Morgan
5) Jordan Love

Let me be frank outside of the top 3 the QB class is terrible imo, Hurts is a terrible prospect, Love is a crap shoot, Eason has no chance will be backup at best..

If we draft a QB early i would think about James Morgan from FIU in round 4 or 5. one guy i would be willing to give a late shot to in round 5 or 6 would be deondre francois guy has the talent and it seems like he has his head on straight now wouldn't hurt as a 5th or 6th rounder.

1)Tua
2)Burrow
3)Herbert
4) James Morgan
5) Jordan Love

Let me be frank outside of the top 3 the QB class is terrible imo, Hurts is a terrible prospect, Love is a crap shoot, Eason has no chance will be backup at best..

If we draft a QB early i would think about James Morgan from FIU in round 4 or 5. one guy i would be willing to give a late shot to in round 5 or 6 would be deondre francois guy has the talent and it seems like he has his head on straight now wouldn't hurt as a 5th or 6th rounder.

I like this class better than 2018 or 2019.
Burrow Tua Love Herbert —Tier 1 -
Eason Fromm — Tier 2 potential starters
Hurts Montez Patterson —Tier 3 backups

Obviously Tua healthy huge “X” factor.
But more so than Josh Allen’s football IQ, or Baker’s “***hole personality” or how about Kyler Murray’s size - will he be broke in 1/3s at some point?
Will Sam Darnold contract a STD year 2? Serious question.

Tua
Burrow

Herbert
Love

Fromm
Eason

I may have it backwards somewhere but I tbink this is the tiers

Not really interested in anything else

1. Joe Burrow
2.Jordan Love
3. Tua Tag

That's it for 1st round. Herbert is a 2nd rounder that will get overdrafted.

Jordan Love will go high in this draft.

Tua Tagovailoa, Joe Burrow, Jacob Eason, Justin Herbert, Case Cookus.

Guess who I think Belichick takes…

1. Joe Burrow
2.Jordan Love
3. Tua Tag

That's it for 1st round. Herbert is a 2nd rounder that will get overdrafted.

Jordan Love will go high in this draft.

So 20 tds and 17 interceptions in college somehow makes a guy a 1st rounder and people are saying this isn't a bad draft class.. SMH
If a big arm is all it takes to be a successful QB then Byron Leftwitch should be in the HOF. He didn't even have an impressive Senior Bowl at that so I don't buy this talent/coaching deficiency crap.. His accuracy on passes, football I.Q. and mechanics are very inconsistent from what i've seen.

I'm on the fence if Jordan Love should even be a 2nd rounder but some here would take him at pick 5. In my book he has about a 20 percent chance of being a good NFL QB but he belongs nowhere near the 1st round.. He is going to have to completely relearn how to play QB if we take him

Tua Tagovailoa, Joe Burrow, Jacob Eason, Justin Herbert, Case Cookus.

Guess who I think Belichick takes…

I will say its hard to find game footage of a Northern Arizona game and the one i did find looked like my local high schools footage lmao. I'll keep looking but i didn't see anything that made me say WOW

So 20 tds and 17 interceptions in college somehow makes a guy a 1st rounder and people are saying this isn't a bad draft class.. SMH
If a big arm is all it takes to be a successful QB then Byron Leftwitch should be in the HOF. He didn't even have an impressive Senior Bowl at that so I don't buy this talent/coaching deficiency crap.. His accuracy on passes, football I.Q. and mechanics are very inconsistent from what i've seen.

I'm on the fence if Jordan Love should even be a 2nd rounder but some here would take him at pick 5. In my book he has about a 20 percent chance of being a good NFL QB but he belongs nowhere near the 1st round.. He is going to have to completely relearn how to play QB if we take him
It's the classic "potential" guy and there's no way a "potential" guy with little production deserves to be anywhere close to the top 5.

1. Tua
2. Burrow
3. Herbert

big gap

4. Fromm

another big gap

5. Love
6. Hurts

if we don’t land one of the top 3, I would rather wait until 2021

Outside of Burrow and Tua, and maybe Hurts as a project in a later round, there isn't anyone else who looks like more of a sure bet than Rosen.

Back
Top Bottom