Top 5 steals in the later rounds | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 steals in the later rounds

South Florida said:
Marcus Vick, virginia tech, QB

Devin Hester, miami, WR

Michael Robinson, penn state, QB

Mike Deggory, florida, C

Marcus Maxey, miami, CB

Hester and Vick would both both wastes of picks. Why pull a broncos and use a pick on a crapy guy only to have to cut him in camp?!?

DE- Victor Adeyanju, Indiana. He's an Adewale clone to me (not just because of the school).

Darrin Colledge LT Boise St. love this guy, and he may not be a sleeper. Anyone know where is he is projected?

BackWudFinFan said:

1.Omar jacobs- a monster at qb
2.Devin aromashodu- 4.3 speed 201w 6-2h
3.Greg blue- made any Wr he face wet them self:eek:
4.Daryl tapp- 6-1 252 4.8 could play lb
5.Domataka peko- space eater

put yours

Have to disagree with Blue. His average at best coverage skills will be greatly exposed in the NFL.

Perhaps we should define "late round" because I take it to mean you're AT LEAST referring to a Day 2 draft pick.

Here are a few of mine, in no particular order...

WR Miles Austin, Monmouth
He's the 2nd most athletic WR in this draft, in a percent-over-adjusted-median model that measures 20 objective measurements (not just 40 time). He needs refinement, certainly...small school guy that he is. He's a big dude though, he runs in the 4.4 to 4.5 range consistently, and has all the change in direction and athlete skills to go with that frame and speed. Hands are good too, naturally catches it away from his body. He's got the raw materials (24 wonderlic) to make a good student. He'll need a good teacher. He's a learner though and he's got the skills to be taught.

QB/WR Reggie McNeal, Texas A&M
I don't know how he fell to Day 2...but according to most boards that is where he is. That is just NUTS. He's got a rifle arm, he can throw accurately at a dead run from the right or left (unlike Vick), his 4.35 footspeed and COD skills are easily as deadly as Mike Vick's, he's 2 inches taller than Vick and sees better over his OL, and he throws down the field better. This is some whacky crazy situation where the dude is getting punished for his NOT being as effective an option QB as Vick was. TAMU switched offenses before 2005 to a shotgun-based option offense and McNeal struggled with that transition. He also lost like his top 2 or 3 receivers to injury. At the Shrine Game the TAMU staff coached the West and installed a dropback pro style offense and McNeal took to it like a goddamn fish in water. He throws a GREAT downfield pass...drops it right over the shoulder with perfect touch and spiral. He's also capable of those Elway throws at a dead run across the body that zip in between 3 defenders before they can get there (yes, I've seen him do it). When all is said and done he may be the best QB in this draft. Heck, he may be the best PLAYER in this draft when all is said and done. There's a reason Corey Chavous, draftnik that he is, has had McNeal as his #1 rated player period for two years.

S Reed Doughty, Northern Colorado
Not only is he one of, if not the most productive DB in the draft in terms of interceptions (10 in 2004 & 05, had I believe 4 in 02)...at 6'1" and 210 lbs he's also one of the top athletes. Don't be fooled by his 4.6 in the 40. The guy is a 10 foot broad jumper, does his 10 and 20 yards in 1.55 and 2.67 seconds, does a 4.2 shuttle, an amazing 6.66 cone (at the Combine too), he's a 37 inch vertical guy, and he does 15 reps on the bench with a 350 pound power clean and 500 pound squat. Also scored a 30 on the wonderlic. Production+Measurables=Dangerous...that's my general rule of thumb, even at the small school level. His situation (not necessarily his playing style) reminds me of Gerald Sensabaugh...and if I recall Sensabaugh found his way into the starting lineup as a rookie this year.

RB De'Arrius Howard, Arkansas
This guy strikes me as one of those dudes that is going to make them all pay. He got into Arkansas and immediately flashed all kinds of potential. Then he got pretty much caught behind guys like Reggie Cobbs and stuck in that Matt Jones option offense thing...and when it was finally his time to really shine in 2005, he got replaced because he had like one bad half against USC...replaced by two STELLAR freshmen I already forget their names. You know, once upon a time fast Willie Parker was a college backup runner. Howard has that kind of size/athleticism setup too. He's 5'11" and 230 pounds (makes ya wanna cry, perfect size for a runner), and he runs a flat 4.50 in the 40. He's a 10 foot broad jumper, 36 inch vertical jumper, a 20 bench rep guy, a 4.2 shuttle guy, and 7.0 cone guy. He can bench a horse (410 pounds), he can squat an elephant (615 pounds)...he's big he's fast he's agile, and when he shows up at the East-West Shrine Game what does he do? Score 3 touchdowns. He's TJ Duckett, except someone's gonna get this guy in round 6 or something.

DE James Wyche, Syracuse
Always slightly outshined by his more athletic linemate Ryan LaCasse...Wyche is the real deal holyfield. At 6'6" and 262 pounds he's got better size than a whole heck of a lot of DEs in this and last year's draft. Somehow the guy was known as a good run defender at Syracuse but not as much of a pass rusher...and his 33 bench reps certainly supports his being known as a very strong guys...but...Wow. Cuz lemme tell you, this dude is a Jason Taylor edge rusher waiting to happen. On the track he's a 4.6 kinda guy. On a football field out of a 3-point stance, the guy seems a little bit faster than that to me. He was a nightmare at the Shrine Game off the edge. He's also a 10 foot broad jumper, 33 inch vertical man. Shuttles and cones not impressive. That tells me the dude's a 4-3 lineman, not a linebacker. The relatively slow 10 yard split compared with his edge rushing also tells me that the guy is genuinely faster out of a 3-point stance and just is not a polished track dude...yet with the slow 10 yard start he had a great 20 yard split and even better 40. You guys are GOING to know his name...and sooner rather than later.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
No. He only wants to play quarterback, which means he is destined for a career in Canada.
Being that Brad Smith is from my town he did an interview on the local news a few weeks back. He said that he is trying to workout as a WR and will try any position that NFL teams want him to play.

I would just like to again urge people who are interested in chatting with Boomer, myself, and KB21 during draft day to sign up for the draft day chat we will be holding.

We believe the experience will be pleasant and well worth the measly $5 cover charge.

If you would like to sign up, you can do so by visiting www.paypal.com and opening a quick personal account, then using a credit card to make a $5 payment to ckparrothead@yahoo.com

It is important that in the email note that goes along with the payment you fill in

A) Your email address
B) Your FH nickname
C) A password that you choose for yourself

We will be using the email addy to contact you with final instructions for the Draft Chat. We will be using the other info to verify chat users during the draft to make sure we don't have free loaders.

Come chat with Boomer, KB21, and myself. We really don't think you'll regret it!

Back
Top Bottom