Top Prospects Miami Dolphins Must Consider Early in 2014 NFL Draft -Bleacher Report | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top Prospects Miami Dolphins Must Consider Early in 2014 NFL Draft -Bleacher Report

Didn't read the article, but from a need standpoint I'd go RT, LOLB, LG, CB, RB, DT, WR. That's assuming we re-sign either Soliai or Starks, Grimes, Jerry and Mckinnie...

I would love to see both Shazier AND Carlos Hyde drafted by the Dolphins. Shazier is very fast, and deceptively strong. He tackles with the best of them. Carlos Hyde is just a beast, the guy keeps his legs moving like not many I have seen in college. Carlos Hyde will be a great RB in this league. Miller and Hyde with a good o-line would be really tough to stop. Bu then again I am an OSU homer lol!

THE MISI THING is what lowered the grade on this piece.

misi is actually having a nice season and FINALLY looks like he may have something.

he has played consistant, no up and down as they said. when he has been on the field this year he has made plays.

No way we draft a corner unless he really is BPA. We just drafted two last year and they are still unproven

I want ebron but don't think we afford NOT to take a LT. Even if we resign McKinnie, we still need a LT. He may play the right side for a minute but, a LT none the less. I think it irresponsible not to protect Ryan Tannehill.................... Again!!!!

That being saying- LT, G, LB, RB, TE. Multiple picks along the line. Ebron is perfect though and may warrant the 1st round pick. Especially if we get a OL in free agency.

it was more than the misi take which lowered this piece...but yeah misi just signed an extension to stay here and play solb they are not replacing him...and i really doubt they would covet a 340 lb guard for this system...guy who put this together doesn't understand the bliocking scheme and ideal fits for it

Antonio Richardson LT, La'el Collins OG/OT, JaWuan James RT, Eric Ebron TE, Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE, Melvin Gordon RB, Jeremy Hill RB, Allen Robinson(Marshall clone) WR, Denzel Perryman OLB, Kevin Pierre-Louis OLB, Kyle Fuller CB, Darqueze Dennard CB. No quality safeties in this draft imo.

IMO, there's no way you DON'T take an offensive lineman in the first round. We need to rebuild the line, then worry about a RB.

BR for the most part is crap. Though, I had not really considered the OG from Baylor.

Amazing how they forget Misi was resigned for 4 years. He isn't going anywhere. If stand up LBs are drafted they will be guys with talent that can develop behind those three (Jenkins) or get cut with little money and time wasted. Here is my projection:

1. Fat boy
2. Fat boy
3. Fat boy
4. Fat boy
5. Fat boy
6. Obligatory WR
7. Fat boy

Doesn't matter which side of the line. We need fat boys on the OL bad, we will need to replace at least one fat boy we lose on the DL.

Is fat boy a nice way of saying cornfed??

I would love to see both Shazier AND Carlos Hyde drafted by the Dolphins. Shazier is very fast, and deceptively strong. He tackles with the best of them. Carlos Hyde is just a beast, the guy keeps his legs moving like not many I have seen in college. Carlos Hyde will be a great RB in this league. Miller and Hyde with a good o-line would be really tough to stop. Bu then again I am an OSU homer lol!

Lets ensure that Hartline is the only poison nut on the Phins roster. Go Sparty!

Hard to get into the draft stuff every year, when we received minimal contributions from this years picks:

Dion Jordan/DE/Oregon (first round/3rd overall) - Playmaker but apparently the coaches don't trust him enough on run downs.
Jamar Taylor/CB/Boise State (second round/54th overall) - Groin, hamstring, hip, toe, appendix, not sure if this guy will ever be "ready". Seems to have the skills though.
Dallas Thomas/OT/Tennessee (third round/77th overall) - I have no clue what this guys future is. All I've been hearing from this board is Bust City.
Will Davis/CB/Utah State (third round/93rd overall) - Run liability at his current weight, hopefully we can put some meat on him in the offseason.
Jelani Jenkins/LB/Florida (fourth round/104th overall) - Our scouts think all Florida players can ball for some reason. Didn't like this pick.
Dion Sims/TE/Michigan State (fourth round/106th overall) - Scored a game winning touchdown, blocks well, banished from the game plan for some reason.
Mike Gillislee/RB/Florida (fifth round/164th overall) - Average as hell back.
Caleb Sturgis/K/Florida (fifth round/166th overall) - Up and down kicker, surely not clutch. But hey, we saved money right! [sarcasm]
Don Jones/DB/Arkansas State (seventh round/250th overall) - Could be stud special teamer?

Why should we expect next years picks to get on the field?

Hard to get into the draft stuff every year, when we received minimal contributions from this years picks:

Dion Jordan/DE/Oregon (first round/3rd overall) - Playmaker but apparently the coaches don't trust him enough on run downs.
Jamar Taylor/CB/Boise State (second round/54th overall) - Groin, hamstring, hip, toe, appendix, not sure if this guy will ever be "ready". Seems to have the skills though.
Dallas Thomas/OT/Tennessee (third round/77th overall) - I have no clue what this guys future is. All I've been hearing from this board is Bust City.
Will Davis/CB/Utah State (third round/93rd overall) - Run liability at his current weight, hopefully we can put some meat on him in the offseason.
Jelani Jenkins/LB/Florida (fourth round/104th overall) - Our scouts think all Florida players can ball for some reason. Didn't like this pick.
Dion Sims/TE/Michigan State (fourth round/106th overall) - Scored a game winning touchdown, blocks well, banished from the game plan for some reason.
Mike Gillislee/RB/Florida (fifth round/164th overall) - Average as hell back.
Caleb Sturgis/K/Florida (fifth round/166th overall) - Up and down kicker, surely not clutch. But hey, we saved money right! [sarcasm]
Don Jones/DB/Arkansas State (seventh round/250th overall) - Could be stud special teamer?

Why should we expect next years picks to get on the field?

Because OL often play in a box and can cover up mistakes and also fix them in time for next game.

I actually like some of the picks in this mock. But to me, its early. OT and G are somewhat deep IMO. I would take a T first round you know will start and be stud. Then thinking TE and there are some good ones besides ones who will get all the mention. Take two G's, one in third and one late. Another Tackle late. KR type in round 4 or 5. We should find another undrafted gem for OL too and stack em up.

1. LT
2. TE/G
3. G/TE
4. KR or RB
5. RB or KR
6. G/T
7. T/G

yes, all offense.

Back
Top Bottom