Top QB Prospects - 2007 Draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top QB Prospects - 2007 Draft

Who is the best QB Prospect for Miami in '07?

• Total voters
ok guys honestly as long as Pepper hasnt had a healthy chance to show that he is the answer we wont go for brohm or J-Mar...i think Drew Stanton or (as much as i dont want a Wanny product) Tyler Palco or Trent Edwards in the 3rd round...or if Mr. Smith drops to the 3rd he is a gimmie pick

ok guys honestly as long as Pepper hasnt had a healthy chance to show that he is the answer we wont go for brohm or J-Mar...i think Drew Stanton or (as much as i dont want a Wanny product) Tyler Palco or Trent Edwards in the 3rd round...or if Mr. Smith drops to the 3rd he is a gimmie pick
The irony is that Palko was on his way to a stellar statistical college career before Wannstedt arrived...

If we pick Palmer I will be EXTREMELY upset. This guy has shown no ability to lead a team in a tight situation. Every meaningful game he has had he throws 2-3 INTs. He never has come from behind wins because he always blows it. He has has the height and the strength, but completely lacks any kind of intangible you would look for in a QB. I have seen this kid play more than once and paid attention to his stats (I am a UCF guy, we play in the same conference as palmer). The UTEP fans are pretty sick of him screwing up too.

I am on saban's side all the way right now, if he drafts Palmer even I would call for him to resign.

Dont take a QB for the sake of taking a QB. Jamarcus Russell is a guy I think will translate into the pros nicely. Why is he not mentioned?

Anyone know if Colt Brennan is going to declare draft eligible or not? Would he be a good pickup? The guy is setting all kinds of records and having a great year but you hardly hear about him.

I picked Brohm. Of course Im a season ticket holder for UofL so I hope he stays in school but I dont think he will. I think him getting hurt last year made him realize that you have to take your chance when it comes. If he can be a top 10 pick ( I think he will be) then he should go.

Hes going to be losing some lineman and I think Michael Bush coming out will also encourage him to declare. Bush is no longer going to classes so Id say hes coming out.

Ive said this before but Im sick of seeing other teams get their franchise QB while we put has beens and never was under center. I hope DC can come back and be what we wanted but Id love to have a young QB in the wings who could take over like Palmer/Rivers did for their teams.

On a personal note I am quickly becoming disgusted with the Fins. Ive felt like this since Wanny was in his third year year. Id love to see my hometown QB come in and thrive for us.

Here are two stories regarding Russell and Brohm. Seem relevant to this discussion.

Brohm - http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...44/1002/SPORTS

Russell - http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps...CAT=NDSports02

The amount of hype
JaMarcus Russell is starting to get on these forums worries me. The more I read about him the more he looks like another Daunte Culpepper: an athlete lining up under center with very shaky passing skills beyond the ability to throw far.

No one-trick ponies, please. Use our top pick on a true field general.

Brian Brohm, Colt Brennan, Tyler Palko or (if a miracle happens) Brady Quinn. In fact, if we like him, Palko wouldn't even cost us the top pick.

The amount of hype
JaMarcus Russell is starting to get on these forums worries me. The more I read about him the more he looks like another Daunte Culpepper: an athlete lining up under center with very shaky passing skills beyond the ability to throw far.

No one-trick ponies, please. Use our top pick on a true field general.

Brian Brohm, Colt Brennan, Tyler Palko or (if a miracle happens) Brady Quinn. In fact, if we like him, Palko wouldn't even cost us the top pick.

I agree. This team needs a pure pocket passer along the lines of Manning and Marino. I'm not saying those QB's in the draft are at their level but they follow the same gameplay. You look at teams in the Super Bowl, they're all pocket passers and great field generals. Guys like Culpepper and Vick, QB's that rely more on their legs and arm than mind, can't cut it. McNabb had to adopt a better field sense and convert to a pocket passer during that string of seasons where they advanced quite far.

I agree. This team needs a pure pocket passer along the lines of Manning and Marino. I'm not saying those QB's in the draft are at their level but they follow the same gameplay. You look at teams in the Super Bowl, they're all pocket passers and great field generals. Guys like Culpepper and Vick, QB's that rely more on their legs and arm than mind, can't cut it. McNabb had to adopt a better field sense and convert to a pocket passer during that string of seasons where they advanced quite far.

I don't think Russell is that much like Culpepper, and certainly not like Vick. Russell seems to make much faster decisions, and is very accurrate(not that Culpepper isn't). I didn't notice at all where Russell depended on his legs to make a play, other than the designed QB draw. I saw him rely on his size to avoid a sack, but never did I see him rely on his ability to run. t just so happens that he can run very well.

I don't think Russell is that much like Culpepper, and certainly not like Vick. Russell seems to make much faster decisions, and is very accurrate(not that Culpepper isn't). I didn't notice at all where Russell depended on his legs to make a play, other than the designed QB draw. I saw him rely on his size to avoid a sack, but never did I see him rely on his ability to run. t just so happens that he can run very well.

russel is alot like DC, with out the great scrambling.

Back
Top Bottom