Top three needs for all 32 teams. nfl.com

We need:

tall athletic WR
RB who can block
Another LB in the mix
LT we should draft considering that we lost Martin
DB considering the turnover rate
DT we will need considering the market

We may need a guard but I would not draft one.

We have Wallace, Hartline, Matthews, and Gibson all signed at WR for next year, and easily could resign Armon Binns, who many thought was the #3 WR before he got hurt. I fail to see a need to draft a WR until late in the draft. Depending on who we re-sign, OT, OG, ,DT, RB, S, CB, or TE could be among positions drafted high. I'd like to upgrade over Wheeler at LB, but I doubt they cut him loose after one year.

A true tight end of the Gronk mode (yes I know, easier said than done). Clay has obviously been impressive, but long term he seems to me to be more of a complimentary piece.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Greg Robinson - OT
Jarvis Landry - WR
Gabe Jackson - OG
Jeremy Hill - RB
Max Bullough - MLB

-------

That's not a mock, because it's unrealistic, but they're examples of the kinds of players at each position I'd like to see us target. Landry, for example, might not even fall to the 2nd. I can see one of the good teams at the end of RD 1 (that's where the good teams are) recognizing Landry's overall value, and we're not going WR in the 1st. I know everyone wants a big RZ threat, but it's not like we're struggling in the RZ. Abbrederis has a lot of the same qualities as Landry. He's just not as good. Physical, great route runner, can work the boundary or the slot, and he wore out Bradley Roby. Because of the talent at the position this year, I can see him falling maybe even to the 4th.

I don't see WR as a need early in the draft....Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews, and Clay all work well with Tannehill....

I would however like to see them bring in a Seem TE to compliment the group....someone that can be the teams Gronk or Jimmy, Clay is fantastic, but another Red Zone guy can't hurt.

Obviously OL which can be attacked in Free Agency and the Draft, but I do like some of the players on the squad, but overall we need more talent.

LB really needs to be upgraded....I can't see this team going into next season with Wheeler as a starter....he may be paid like one, but dude is a liability.

I don't see WR as a need early in the draft....Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews, and Clay all work well with Tannehill....

I would however like to see them bring in a Seem TE to compliment the group....someone that can be the teams Gronk or Jimmy, Clay is fantastic, but another Red Zone guy can't hurt.

Obviously OL which can be attacked in Free Agency and the Draft, but I do like some of the players on the squad, but overall we need more talent.

LB really needs to be upgraded....I can't see this team going into next season with Wheeler as a starter....he may be paid like one, but dude is a liability.

I agree we need an upgrade at LB, but the cap hit ($10.6 million in dead money) is too big to cut Wheeler this offseason, and we won't be paying him $6.4 million next year to ride the pine. IMHO our lb unit is set next year whether we like it or not at Misi, Ellerbe, and Wheeler. You are spot on with your analysis at WR and TE.

What is the cap hit on cutting Wheeler after 1 year?

Dead money would be $10.6 million. Cap hit would be $6.4 million for 2014 alone, with another $4.2 million left over the final 3 years of the deal. IMHO it's best to assume he's a starting LB for us in 2014. We are going to have to take our lumps with him as a bad signing.

Given how we like to take our time building up players before they see playing time, I'd be pulling the trigger on an LB this offseason. We'd then be grooming him for 2015. Severe lack of instinct between Ellerbe, Wheeler and Misi. Personally, I like Yawin Smallwood of UConn a lot, if he declares. I'm not sure I'd be spending my first rounder on Mosely, but a late second or third on Smallwood would be a good call. (Edit: seems he has declared)

We could also be grooming an instinctual safety, not the bottom of the draft scrubs like Don Jones, but a high calibre guy. I would love Calvin Pryor of Louisville, also if he comes out early. He'd be a second rounder.

If by some miracle Jeff Ireland were prepared to overlook RB Isaiah Crowell's very dubious past and draft him, I think we'd have the steal of the draft. But that will be somebody else's pleasure.

There are a ton of good WRs in this draft. Please, for once, let us pull the trigger on one.

We could also be grooming an instinctual safety, not the bottom of the draft scrubs like Don Jones, but a high calibre guy. I would love Calvin Pryor of Louisville, also if he comes out early. He'd be a second rounder.

If by some miracle Jeff Ireland were prepared to overlook RB Isaiah Crowell's very dubious past and draft him, I think we'd have the steal of the draft. But that will be somebody else's pleasure.

Crowell is a can't miss in round 4 and lower imo.
I like Brooks from FSU at FS.

Dead money would be $10.6 million. Cap hit would be $6.4 million for 2014 alone, with another $4.2 million left over the final 3 years of the deal. IMHO it's best to assume he's a starting LB for us in 2014. We are going to have to take our lumps with him as a bad signing.

if those numbers are correct i would agree...another year of the predator blowing clean to the ball opportunities in the run game...love it

Back
Top Bottom