Tour De France winner Landis tests positive for drugs according to his team. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tour De France winner Landis tests positive for drugs according to his team.

23Ronnie23 said:
i know a kid who took steroids and ballooned up and looked like a mini NFL player. His head got bigger and so did he. He became twice the size of what he wasss in like 4 months

so?

i know about 15 kids that looked like mini NFL players and didnt take anything illegal. i dont know if your school just didnt know how to properly workout for football or not, but my school did. and it wasnt hard to get big if you put in the work.

They have to test two samples, not just one, since the test results can be explained by natural processes. And if both fail, Landis then has to go through endocrinological examinations:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/27/s...&en=f616263b07608f96&ei=5094&partner=homepage

"A positive “A” sample does not prove that a rider used performance-enhancing substances; a second sample, the “B” sample, still must be tested to confirm the result. If the result of the ‘B’ sample analysis confirms the result of the ‘A’ sample, the rider will be dismissed and will then pass the corresponding endocrinological examinations."

So, this isn't over yet. And as Landis' mother said,

“They stirred up trouble for Lance, too.”

I say we wait till the other tests are done before crucifying him. Here's hoping he didn't do something that stupid.

ckb2001 said:
They have to test two samples, not just one, since the test results can be explained by natural processes. And if both fail, Landis then has to go through endocrinological examinations:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/27/sports/othersports/27cnd-doping.html?hp&ex=1154059200&en=f616263b07608f96&ei=5094&partner=homepage

"A positive “A†sample does not prove that a rider used performance-enhancing substances; a second sample, the “B†sample, still must be tested to confirm the result. If the result of the ‘B’ sample analysis confirms the result of the ‘A’ sample, the rider will be dismissed and will then pass the corresponding endocrinological examinations."

“They stirred up trouble for Lance, too.â€Â

I say we wait till the other tests are done before crucifying him. Here's hoping he didn't do something that stupid.
i guess

Cheater!

embarrassment

Nappy Roots said:
so?

i know about 15 kids that looked like mini NFL players and didnt take anything illegal. i dont know if your school just didnt know how to properly workout for football or not, but my school did. and it wasnt hard to get big if you put in the work.

I think you're burying your head in the sand if you don't think this is an issue in the NFL.

They've just done a better job hiding it than MLB. Players get bigger and faster every year. Are saying that's just workout techniques. I think it's drugs.

Chavez Ravine said:
I think you're burying your head in the sand if you don't think this is an issue in the NFL.

They've just done a better job hiding it than MLB. Players get bigger and faster every year. Are saying that's just workout techniques. I think it's drugs.

do i think some players have taken steriods? absolutely, would be dumb to not think that.....do i think its a big of a problem like baseball? not nearly.

Dont jump to conclusions. He did not "test positive for drugs." The quote was:

“The Phonak Cycling Team was notified yesterday by the UCI of an unusual level of testosterone/epitestosterone ratio in the test made on Floyd Landis after stage 17 of the Tour de France,†Phonak said in a team statement.

First off they havn't even reported what the level of testosterone was, they havn't retested the first sample and tested the second to varify, and even if he did have increased levels of testosterone you cannot conclude that he took drugs.

Ferretsquig said:
Dont jump to conclusions. He did not "test positive for drugs." The quote was:

First off they havn't even reported what the level of testosterone was, they havn't retested the first sample and tested the second to varify, and even if he did have increased levels of testosterone you cannot conclude that he took drugs.

:rolleyes2

23Ronnie23 said:
i know a kid who took steroids and ballooned up and looked like a mini NFL player. His head got bigger and so did he. He became twice the size of what he wasss in like 4 months
:rolleyes2
I know people at the gym I go to that I trust a lot. One of them is my workout buddy. He is huge and has nevery taken anything to harm his body. he has told me plus he is a health guy anyway. He is a big dude though. Its crazy to say you can only get big through steroids. heck, Ive only been going to the gym a few months and I have noticed improvements.

23Ronnie23 said:
thats a load of BS. Go to the gym and try to get that big. You cant naturally. No matter how long you work out. Only roiders get that big.
Complete BS statement.

Ever heard of the term Genetics?

I knew as SOON as the media started reporting that an unidentified cyclist had tested positive during the Tour that they were gonna try to nail Landis...I'm hoping the B sample passes but I'm not holding my breath

ac_lanham said:
I knew as SOON as the media started reporting that an unidentified cyclist had tested positive during the Tour that they were gonna try to nail Landis...I'm hoping the B sample passes but I'm not holding my breath

I'm not surprised the "tested positive"

I don't trust cyclists and I don't trust the Tour De France either

Isn't their a boatload of evidence against Lance Armstrong for taking roids also? It's funny how the media's coverage of certain atheletes changes our perception of them. Barry Bonds is crucified and Lance Armstrong is a national hero, for doing the same thing, allegedly. Didn't Jan Ulrich get suspended for doping before the tour de france also?

As for the arguement about football players taking HGH or roids, I think more football players than baeball players are using them. The NFL just has an amazing public relations department and is better run than MLB. The NFL doesn't test for HGH nor does NHL or the NBA, but because Bud Selig refused to do anything about roids when Sosa and McGwire were hitting homeruns with balloon heads we automatically incriminate baseball players who have a career year. Yet if a NFL player suddenly has a great season after dwelling in mediocrity they've worked hard all offseason and have finally developed? If a baseball player had the kind of jump in production that Thomas Jones had fans would be suspicious yet nobody even questions NFL players. The Carolina Panthers roid scandal just blew over as if nothing happened, Jason Grimsley was the center of the sports world.

ckb2001 said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/27/s...&en=f616263b07608f96&ei=5094&partner=homepage

"A positive “A†sample does not prove that a rider used performance-enhancing substances; a second sample, the “B†sample, still must be tested to confirm the result. If the result of the ‘B’ sample analysis confirms the result of the ‘A’ sample, the rider will be dismissed and will then pass the corresponding endocrinological examinations."

“They stirred up trouble for Lance, too.â€Â

true... and this could be merely coincidental, but he has missed (without excuse) 2 days of contracted appearances in europe prior to this story breaking according to what i read, with the caveat that he is seeking treatment for the hip injury that almost ended his cycling career.

Back
Top Bottom