Trade for Albert vs. Trade up in draft for LT vs. Draft as is (Poll) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Albert vs. Trade up in draft for LT vs. Draft as is (Poll)

Trade for Albert, trade up in draft or neither?

• Trade #54 for Brandon Albert

Votes: 140 45.9%
  • Trade up from #12 to #6 for one of the big 3 LT's

Votes: 42 13.8%
  • Stay put and draft as is

Votes: 123 40.3%

• Total voters
Trade #54 for Brandon Albert as long as we pay him less than what Long got from St. Louis.

First of all, I hope we don't have any underage or otherwise disqualified voters.

My vote is to stay put. I hate being roped into an option solely because it's the most obvious and available one at a given point in time. Would we care about Albert a year ago, or a year from now? We're concerned about Martin at left tackle and this guy is out there. Who gives a flip? I'm not interested in checking something off the list if it's not an ideal solution. We're a long way from legit contender and I'm not convinced this guy does anything for us. He's known as a self centered player, dating to Virginia. Nice agility. Better pass blocker than recent Jake Long. Not a run blocker or particularly tough. He wants one big contract while still in his prime. At that point I'm not confident he won't be a convenient Murphy's Law candidate, as others have put it.

The Miami Dolphins are going to be exponentially more concerned with how Albert performs, or how the team performs, than Albert will be. I remember the early '70s when we avoided guys like this. The lockerroom and therefore the post game radio show on WIOD were eerily silent after a rare defeat. Now we check boxes off a list and load up on guys who don't fully care. Then we wonder what went wrong.

ill go with neither

target pass rusher/db with the first rounder, and Kyle Long/Armstead with the second rounder.

Dont give up a second rounder in order to mightily overpay an ot. And of course dont draft one with a first rounder.

trade down or take a tackle, cb and te with our top 3 picks, in any order. i don't want Albert and his bad back for a ton of cash while losing a pick.

I think if the reason we didn't resign Long was money, and we want to draft expensive players, then Albert should not be an option unless hes willing sign a bargain deal. With that in mind this draft has players up and down the board, and we have more holes to fill than just OL. So I either stay at 12 and take BPA, most likely a CB and a 2nd rd OL, or trade back, maybe with Minn, and get CB and OL in the 1st.

I'm becoming a fan of Menelik Watson. The guy is very athletic, and demonstrated solid skills after only playing football for a few seasons. He has room to improve and can probably be had with our 2a.

I'd rather trade the pick for Albert, then have the option to trade back if the guy they want is off the board or if they can get him further in the first round, that way you get the guy you want, get Albert, and potentially replace the pick for Albert...so in essence, we got Albert for nothing, almost as if we signed him as a FA, assuming we trade back.

I'd rather trade the pick for Albert, then have the option to trade back if the guy they want is off the board or if they can get him further in the first round, that way you get the guy you want, get Albert, and potentially replace the pick for Albert...so in essence, we got Albert for nothing, almost as if we signed him as a FA, assuming we trade back.
none of that is anywhere near like 'almost as if we signed him as a FA', plus we're stuck with a big contract guy likely going downhill, similar to a lot of other FA bums on the OL we've overpaid.

I don't see why people like Albert. I would like a trade back in the first round and pick up extra picks and see who we can draft.

I don't the Dolphins to sell their souls for a left tackle. The pick AND the cap figure is too much for Albert, and whole trading up for Johnson isn't as bad, it's still a bit steeper than what I would be comfortable with.

So there is a lot of talk on the main forum regarding what we are going to do at LT. Do we trade for Brandon Albert? Do we trade up and draft one of the big 3 LT's? Do we do neither or those and keep our picks and build that way? Maybe picking up a RT and moving Martin to LT.

So I'd like to get your opinion on what you would like the Fins to do. Pick one of the 3 and state why you picked that option.

We will assume that the trade for Albert will cost us pick #54.

We will assume that we could trade up to the #6 spot with Cleveland. This costs 400 points based on the draft value chart. Trading up would cost us the #12 and #54. Should be spot on and maybe another late round pick.

Or just stand pat and do our thing.

1. Houston Texans: Duane Brown 1st Round (8.9 MillPer Yea) (Made The Playoffs)
2. Cincinatti Bengals: Andrew Whitworth 2nd Round (9.7 Mill Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)
3. Washington Redskins:Trent Williams 1st Round (10 Mill Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)
4. Seattle Seahawks: Russell Ogung 1st Round (8 Million Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)
5. San Francisco 49ers: Joe Stalley 1st Round (7 Mill Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)
6. Atlanta Falcons : Sam Baker 1st Round (6.8 Mill Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)
7. Minnesota Vikings : Matt Kalill 1st Round (4.5 Mill Per Year On His Rookie Deal, new CBA Rules) (Made The Playoffs)
8. New England Patriots: Nate Solder 1st Round (2.1 Million Per Year On His Rookie Deal, new CBA Rules)(Made The Playoffs)
9. Indianapolis Colts: Anthony Castonzo 1st Round (2.0 Million Per Year On His Rookie Deal, new CBA Rules) (Made The Playoffs)
10.Denver Broncos : Ryan Claddy 1st Round (9.8 Million Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)

Including the Ravens, with Bryant Mckinnie, all but two playoff teams had a first round Left Tackle!

Green Bay (NewHouse 5th Round)
Bengals (Whitworth 2nd Round)

So the argument can be made to pass on Albert and give up whatever we need in order to get a LT, no matter how much we think it's just not that important.

But as far as my preference, I'd like to develop Martin at LT where he showed improvement as time went on and then grab Winston to play RT. Keep our picks.

i agree , keep our picks n get winton , i say no for albert . he is old for what money he mite want

Prefer to see how the board falss before trading if at all. Actuall prefer BPA or trade back scenario for more picks.

Here is the deal. I have been an advocate for trading for Albert. However, with a trade up to 4 or 6 it will cost the same as is trading for Albert in terms of picks. The draftee is obviously younger and cheaper...but not as good as Albert right off the bat.

I think Jeff is playing this perfectly. See if on Thursday you can can get a top 3 OT and if not work the phones and trade for Albert. Fluid situation that will be fixed soon. Team is handling it perfectly.

I think Trade up makes most sense. All 3 LTs are great ZBS players and will help our cap down the round which gives more flexibility to get more players next year to get us to the SB. Best case is to get one of the LTs or one of the 2 OGs (not trade up for OGs).

Back
Top Bottom