Trade Up Talk | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Up Talk

Given the defensive depth in this draft I would be inclined against trading up.
Just watching these bowl games- I can name 20 defensive studs I would be happy with from a value- need perspective for Miami. We are maybe 5-6 smart decisions away from being a legitimate playoff contender for the next 3-4 years.
Solidify the middle of defense particularly LB, maintain cohesion of skilled players, solidify interior OL.
Draft should be heavy DEF with a sprinkling of OL Rd 2 or 3.

I'd add TE in, but otherwise agree. And it's a deep TE draft, so I think we could possibly find a contributor later in the draft at the position.

I'd add TE in, but otherwise agree. And it's a deep TE draft, so I think we could possibly find a contributor later in the draft at the position.

Usually I'm not a big fan of drafting injured players, but two guys I like are Butts and Beckwith. Butts was probably a late 1st or early 2nd rounder before his injury. Now maybe he drops a round and Miami could get him in the 3rd. Beckwith might now be a 4th.

F13 shouted out B. Baker, and he looks good, but my guy is Marcus Williams from Utah. Instincts, physical tools, intelligence - he checks every box. All Academic Team Pac 12, freak athlete, INT production - he should go in the 1st, but I don't pass on that in the 2nd for (almost) anything.

This is easily the best Safety class since 2010, and it might be deeper. I mentioned it in Slimm's Senior Safety thread, but Nate Gerry is being projected as a 6th RD pick. That won't hold, but it says something that a guy like Gerry could so easily get lost in the shuffle. If I'm Miami, I'm looking to be opportunistic at DE, LB, S, TE, and CB. These are very strong groups, and value will be there for each position in most rounds. But, Marcus Williams is really good.

Fully agree on the strength of the class. Must go and watch this Utah safety.

Usually I'm not a big fan of drafting injured players, but two guys I like are Butts and Beckwith. Butts was probably a late 1st or early 2nd rounder before his injury. Now maybe he drops a round and Miami could get him in the 3rd. Beckwith might now be a 4th.

I thought Beck with was really interesting last season. But watching him this year it feels like he's not giving full commitment every play. Maybe just an impression of mine but there's a lack of fire there this year. With the injury he will slide. Not sure how he would have tested, so maybe there's a silver lining in the injury cloud for him.

Back
Top Bottom