Trading Deadline | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Deadline

phunwin said:
So basically, they traded Xavier Nady and Heath Bell for Scott Linebrink and Roberto Hernandez.

Obviously, Omar Minaya figured that since whoever they trot out in the 4th game of a series is going to stink, he might as well have a full complement of relievers.

And with Sanchez out now you are gonna need someone in the 8th inning..

wow, the Rays got Joel Guzman for Lugo....

Guzman has crazy potential....im also very happy lugo didnt go to the Sox...

3 good trades in 1 season for the rays!!

:D

Nappy Roots said:
wow, the Rays got Joel Guzman for Lugo....

Guzman has crazy potential....im also very happy lugo didnt go to the Sox...

3 good trades in 1 season for the rays!!

:D

Guzman is a pitcher no?

GreenMonster said:
And with Sanchez out now you are gonna need someone in the 8th inning..

True, but I'd have rather had them get another starter than stock the bullpen. Unless this is a prelude to moving Heilman to the rotation, which I doubt.

That said, a bullpen of Wagner, Linebrink, Heilman, Hernandez, Feliciano and Oliver is plenty good enough to salvage the inevitable 4 IP, 5 ER start they're going to get from Steve Trachsel or whoever.

phunwin said:
True, but I'd have rather had them get another starter than stock the bullpen. Unless this is a prelude to moving Heilman to the rotation, which I doubt.

That said, a bullpen of Wagner, Linebrink, Heilman, Hernandez, Feliciano and Oliver is plenty good enough to salvage the inevitable 4 IP, 5 ER start they're going to get from Steve Trachsel or whoever.

I agree, with the lead you have this move makes good sense and your bullpen has really been upgraded.. With your lineup you guys should be ok in the NL..

Orioles reportedly will keep Tejada

Miguel Tejada's worries are proving to be unfounded.

The Baltimore Orioles' star shortstop, who had said he thought he would be traded against his wishes, apparently will be staying put, according to a report on FOXSports.com.

The report said that Houson, Texas and the Los Angeles Angels all made offers for Tejada, but that the Orioles were not motivated enough to make a trade.

According to FOX Sports, Baltimore rejected an offer from Houston of ace Roy Oswalt, shortstop Adam Everett and a third player.

The Angels offered pitcher Ervin Santana and minor league shortstop Erick Aybar.

Tejada will apparently be happy to be staying put. On Sunday, he said, “I’m fine here. What can I do?â€Â

Tejada leads Baltimore in batting average, homers and RBIs and still has three years left on a six-year, $72 million contract. The Orioles won’t trade him unless a team comes up with a knockout proposition, but at this point, Tejada has no control over his future.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14105446/from/RS.1/

GreenMonster said:
I agree, with the lead you have this move makes good sense and your bullpen has really been upgraded.. With your lineup you guys should be ok in the NL..

If the Mets do not go to the world series it would have to be a huge dissapointment. The National league is pathetic and the Mets are the lone bright spot. Maybe the Cardinals will catch fire when Mulder comes back the NL really is the j.v. league. Even with that said I don't think the Mets are better than the ChiSox/BoSox/Tigers/Twins/Yankees.

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
Orioles reportedly will keep Tejada

Miguel Tejada's worries are proving to be unfounded.

The Baltimore Orioles' star shortstop, who had said he thought he would be traded against his wishes, apparently will be staying put, according to a report on FOXSports.com.

The report said that Houson, Texas and the Los Angeles Angels all made offers for Tejada, but that the Orioles were not motivated enough to make a trade.

According to FOX Sports, Baltimore rejected an offer from Houston of ace Roy Oswalt, shortstop Adam Everett and a third player.

The Angels offered pitcher Ervin Santana and minor league shortstop Erick Aybar.

Tejada will apparently be happy to be staying put. On Sunday, he said, “I’m fine here. What can I do?â€Â

Tejada leads Baltimore in batting average, homers and RBIs and still has three years left on a six-year, $72 million contract. The Orioles won’t trade him unless a team comes up with a knockout proposition, but at this point, Tejada has no control over his future.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14105446/from/RS.1/

They were offered some good pitchers/prospects it seems to me. Not sure why they put his name out there because they wont get much better offers then they got

GreenMonster said:

Yeah, but that's the thing: they needed a little more to push the best teams in the AL. I can't look at the Mets right now and seriously argue that they're a better team than Detroit, the Yankees, Minnesota, Chicago or Boston. They needed to make a stronger push for Zito or Schmidt. Now, they've got Pedro (fine), a suddenly fading Tom Glavine, an inconsistent Orlando Hernandez, and some combination of unproven kids (Pelfrey or Maine) and a veteran who looks like he's cooked (Trachsel).

Back
Top Bottom