Trading Deadline | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Deadline

Alex44 said:
Except if he does keep it up (which watching his career in Florida) I believe he can.

Unless you get top notch value for him its a bad trade for Boston

That's the point of buy low, sell high is what I'm trying to say.

ChambersWI said:
you'd think that, but they're looking to deal Crisp,Lowell, AND Loretta. Though Loretta is understandable since they've got Pedoria and want to get him some time. If either Lowell or Loretta is traded, I think Boston struggles a bit defensively.

Hell according to baseball prospectus, the BoSox are trying to trade Youkolis

Who the hell knows.

All I know is that I don't see Theo pulling a trade that is desperation like.

FiN.in.RI said:
Who the hell knows.

All I know is that I don't see Theo pulling a trade that is desperation like.

Theo has a history of "Desperation" moves.

Like when he went and overpaid for Clement days after he lost out on Pavano. Cause he didn't want to be left out of the mix with pitchers.

IMO, Theo's either going to his a grand slam or is going to K looking (if he doesn't make a deal) or swinging (if he makes a deal and it doesn't pan out)!

MikeO said:
Theo has a history of "Desperation" moves.

Like when he went and overpaid for Clement days after he lost out on Pavano. Cause he didn't want to be left out of the mix with pitchers.

I just don't see that as desperation as Clement was the back-up in case Pavano fell through, which it did.

just to follow up on Soriano and the Marlins. It would likely in essense be a 3 team deal, but would actually just be the Marlins making 2 trades. (though it looks inlikely right now)

The most likely deal would have the Marlins moving Soriano to Detroit for Cameron Maybin, but the ChiSox,Twins,Dodgers,and Angels have all called Florida to see where the deal stands.

ChambersWI said:
just to follow up on Soriano and the Marlins. It would likely in essense be a 3 team deal, but would actually just be the Marlins making 2 trades. (though it looks inlikely right now)

The most likely deal would have the Marlins moving Soriano to Detroit for Cameron Maybin, but the ChiSox,Twins,Dodgers,and Angels have all called Florida to see where the deal stands.

Im a little more interested in The Carl Crawford deal now, was there any substance to that or just a rumor?

Hey if we wanna be big boys we could get Crawford, and Soriano then Deal Soriano for a CF

That wont happen but I can dream right?

Alex44 said:
Im a little more interested in The Carl Crawford deal now, was there any substance to that or just a rumor?

Hey if we wanna be big boys we could get Crawford, and Soriano then Deal Soriano for a CF

im hearing about it but if we trade for soriano even if it is to flip him what is the word on who would be gone....i think the only excess we have is pitchers in the minors and i wouldnt want to give one of those up because we are still dealing with hit or miss guys like moehler

Alex44 said:

could get both, but won't. Basically the Marlins are planning on using the young pitching they loaded up on to fill other needs. If a deal for Crawford goes through it would involve Petit. THe proposed Soriano deal was Petit,Vargas,and Pinto, but the Nats are supposedly willing to rework the deal.

The Crawford deal would include Willingham as well

The cincinnati Reds today accuired Rheal Cormier from the phillies and accuired Kyle Lohse from the twins:yes:

PhinSoldia said:
im hearing about it but if we trade for soriano even if it is to flip him what is the word on who would be gone....i think the only excess we have is pitchers in the minors and i wouldnt want to give one of those up because we are still dealing with hit or miss guys like moehler

Word Is Girardi thinks we have the best pitching of any of the teams in the hunt and we wouldnt mind dealing some minor league pitchers.

Willis, Johson, Nolasco, Sanchez, Olsen

Our starting staff is set for a long time...so giving up some minor league guys isnt to big of a deal if we get a quality guy to hit in front of or behind Cabrera

ChambersWI said:
could get both, but won't. Basically the Marlins are planning on using the young pitching they loaded up on to fill other needs. If a deal for Crawford goes through it would involve Petit. THe proposed Soriano deal was Petit,Vargas,and Pinto, but the Nats are supposedly willing to rework the deal.

The Crawford deal would include Willingham as well

No big loss....ive seen all of them pitch this year and so far and they all have major holes in their game they need to fill. Very inconsistant so far, and probally wont be any help this year anyway

Willingham has played well recently but Crawford is a better player far better player.......

i just heard on espn news that the redsox are trying to get andrew jones

Heard the dodgers have the inside track on Soriano :( God I hope that falls through. And it sounds like the Red Sox are trying to make a big splash to counter NY.

Back
Top Bottom