Trevor Siemian's "Gift" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trevor Siemian's "Gift"

Someone as smart as yourself didn't need objective stats from Denver's game to determine whether or not you should have hope for the next four games, so I challenge your "advertised personal purpose" of the thread as bullshit (pardon my french). Or maybe you did and that's just how you function, statistically driven and intellectually compelled.

Regardless if that's your wiring I think the act of actually publishing a thread with the thought process is more for attention than anything else. I say that because you know your audience here, and you know the likely reaction. As interesting as it may be to some, it's not to most, for better or worse. This is just my opinion though so feel free to carry forth, and there are plenty of posters here that I'm sure get a kick out of seeing the nuts and bolts of the evaluation. I think you just like going back and forth to play with the masses. I'm not as detail oriented so I get bored quickly. The intricacies of this type of stuff are a little beyond my scope of interest, personally speaking.

As to your second point, I think it's pretty obvious that it would be.

If you (or anyone else) would like to converse with me in the above manner, about the above topic (i.e., me), please relegate it to a private message, as it's obviously well beyond the topic of the public message board. Thank you. :)

It didn't have to go the way it did, however.

Consider that the 26-point win could've involved a passer rating of 110 by Jay Cutler, with a passer rating of 65 by Siemian. The win would've then been much more safely attributable to the Dolphins good play, and not to Siemian's extreme ineptitude.

That would've been far more impressive, and would've been far more consistent with what good teams usually do to teams like the Broncos. An argument could be made, then, that something better than usual should be expected from the Dolphins this week against New England.

That's obviously more likely to happen when a team is down big on the scoreboard and the opposing team knows it has to pass.

Whole lot of speculation about hypotheticals wrapped into a pretend statistical analysis.

The Dolphins beat the Broncos 35-9, largely because of Trevor Siemian's "gift" of an extremely poor game, in my opinion.

Here is a sincere question. Have you ever posted a comment that included actual observation of play on the field? I'm serious, you created a thread about how the opposing QB "gifted" a win to the Dolphins without a single comment on the game itself. Not one analysis of any of the "gift" plays. The pick-6 for instance. Was it a bad throw? Bad read? Good play by the DB? Pressure? No pressure? Bad down and distance? Desperate time in the game?

Someone as smart as yourself didn't need objective stats from Denver's game to determine whether or not you should have hope for the next four games, so I challenge your "advertised personal purpose" of the thread as bullshit (pardon my french). Or maybe you did and that's just how you function, statistically driven and intellectually compelled.

Regardless if that's your wiring I think the act of actually publishing a thread with the thought process is more for attention than anything else. I say that because you know your audience here, and you know the likely reaction. As interesting as it may be to some, it's not to most, for better or worse. This is just my opinion though so feel free to carry forth, and there are plenty of posters here that I'm sure get a kick out of seeing the nuts and bolts of the evaluation. I think you just like going back and forth to play with the masses. I'm not as detail oriented so I get bored quickly. The intricacies of this type of stuff are a little beyond my scope of interest, personally speaking.

As to your second point, I think it's pretty obvious that it would be.
Hmmmm....reminds me of another poster who used to be on this site.....

really pulled the wool over my eyes until the qb talk started

I will now take my cersei walk of shame

Back
Top Bottom