Trying to make sense of things hours after the Fisher ordeal | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trying to make sense of things hours after the Fisher ordeal

mccarthys where he is now because of the qb position and the gm...who's done nothing but give him gems to work with...

you can get away with an average head coach even probably if you have a true top level franchise qb...we don't have either...the coach or the qb...

I have pretty much taken my mind off this franchise for now. I have been following the twists and turns of the Fisher saga all week and frankly I am still disgusted and tired 8 hours after hearing his decision. Right now I have zero faith in Ross because of his blind faith in Ireland. It wouldn't surprise me if they promoted Tony Sparano JR to head coach.
I am hoping for the best.
To keep my mind off of this..and as a distraction...I watched some lingerie football. The uniform malfunctions are quite entertaining!

I am shocked that Dave Toub has so much support around here. I think they have interviewed much better candidates.

I am shocked that Dave Toub has so much support around here. I think they have interviewed much better candidates.

Well Harbough was a special teams coach...I am sure that is their mindset.

Looks like we are not getting a big name coach as promised, what it looks like we are getting is another, i hope he can be a good head coach. After a decade of incompetence and two failed attempts of the coach they outright targeted, i have zero confidence they will get it right. I hope to God they do. Whether you like Fisher or not, they targeted him as the next coach and failed to get him, and if it was because of Jeff friggin Ireland, thats pathetic. It's time to pray to the football Gods to help these fools find their hands in the dark, because they can't. Goes to show that being a business man and having multi millions of dollars only helps you buy a team, not run it. Signed: Sick and Freaking Tired.

PS. Mr. Ross, maybe you should just shut up about what your going to do, and who you are going to get, because you look like a fool.

Hayden, I agree with your posts 90% of the time but I think you are getting worried for nothing. They are doing the right thing and interviewing a lot of interesting candidates. I would still like to see Winston Moss and Chud get an interview. I think their only issue with thise guys is the quality of staff they can put together (although I don't think Moss would have a problem). As for not giving a coach total power; I have to agree with that. It just never works. I know you don't like Ireland but firing him and starting over again would just set this team back 5 years. And I don't know about you but when I look at this roster from top to bottom, I don't think they need to blow it up. There IS talent. They just need a few more pieces and a coach to lead them.

Let's just get a coach who's hungry and ready to take the next step. I agree with you on Zimmer. I would like him to be the guy right now. And the good thing about him is we could keep Daboll whom I think did a great job last year. But you should really do some reading about and look up some videos of Toub. You'll be impressed. The man sounds and looks like a coach. And I understand your like of Billick, but he hasn't been interviewed by ANY team since he was fired so maytake that next step.be there's something more to it than just a personal rift between him and Ross.

I think it'll be a couple of weeks before a decision is made so stay away from any ledges and enjoy the process.

Of who they have interviewed so far, my list in order of favorite to least favorite is:

1. Toub
2. Zimmer
3. Philbin
4. Bowles

I personally cant see how anyone would prefer Toub over Zimmer but oh well I guess somebody might have a reason.
Zimmer has been a high level coordinator since 2000 had excellent defenses with Dallas and Cinncy , survived coaching change after coaching change in Dallas. Defensive backs coach before that. Toub is basically a lifetime special teams coordinator and coach. I see Zimmer's history of success in a higher level position than Toub over a longer period and I just cant see Toub as a better canidate.

Well Harbough was a special teams coach...I am sure that is their mindset.

Im pretty sure that comes into it but still we are the only club interviewing a special teams coach for head coach. There is a reason that teams dont interview special teams coaches and thats because they feel its of lower level of a job than an offensive or defensive coordinator of which they are correct. if the jobs were considered all equal then special teams coordinators would not make much less money on whole

Chamberswi

You mentioned chud and McCoy as new interviews plus some of Co's guys I can't find anything with Co's
List could you give a rundown on who those guys are?

I've been an advocate of Carmichael Jr or Chudzinski but from the initial list
of interviews nothing to indicate they are thinging that way

Hayden,

Look the only way to get out of this funk is get an offensive-minded coach (Chud), have a fanatastic draft, have a great FA period, and start the season...and WIN! There it is folks...the only way! I just wish i could as a fan trust Ireland to do the right thing. Our draft last year was good...but he could have done so much better. I just can't look when these clowns finally roll out a new coach.

Hayden, I agree with your posts 90% of the time but I think you are getting worried for nothing. They are doing the right thing and interviewing a lot of interesting candidates. I would still like to see Winston Moss and Chud get an interview. I think their only issue with thise guys is the quality of staff they can put together (although I don't think Moss would have a problem). As for not giving a coach total power; I have to agree with that. It just never works. I know you don't like Ireland but firing him and starting over again would just set this team back 5 years. And I don't know about you but when I look at this roster from top to bottom, I don't think they need to blow it up. There IS talent. They just need a few more pieces and a coach to lead them.

Let's just get a coach who's hungry and ready to take the next step. I agree with you on Zimmer. I would like him to be the guy right now. And the good thing about him is we could keep Daboll whom I think did a great job last year. But you should really do some reading about and look up some videos of Toub. You'll be impressed. The man sounds and looks like a coach. And I understand your like of Billick, but he hasn't been interviewed by ANY team since he was fired so maytake that next step.be there's something more to it than just a personal rift between him and Ross.

I think it'll be a couple of weeks before a decision is made so stay away from any ledges and enjoy the process.

Can I be honest? I think you and I and most of the posters here have an idea of who should lead the team better than Stephen Ross. I think he lives in a bizarro world of football and is dishonest with the media and fans. I pray that somehow he ends up with a good choice and the path to success can be built. I DON'T TRUST Stephen Ross.

Can I be honest? I think you and I and most of the posters here have an idea of who should lead the team better than Stephen Ross. I think he lives in a bizarro world of football and is dishonest with the media and fans. I pray that somehow he ends up with a good choice and the path to success can be built. I DON'T TRUST Stephen Ross.

I can honestly say this whole thing about trusting a owner smacks of naivete. But I'm curious, just exactly what did he lie about? If you are going to mention the Harbaugh thing, then yes my naivete comment rings true.

We are lied to by Sports figures all day every day, I'm shocked this is news to anyone.

One name I read on Friday night that is RUMORED, I stress this word, to be on the list of interviews is Chuck Pagano, the DC with the Ravens. I have followed this guy since his DC days at the University of North Carolina. He is intriging because when he was at UNC, he build a great defense that was attacking and dominating. Then he gets the call to the Ravens to be their DB's coach. Then he gets elivated to DC when Ryan went to the Jets. Pagano has built tough, agressive defenses in both places. Yes the Ravens were good when he got there but had slipped some under Ryan. When Pagano took over their defense became dominating again.

I have read many times that how players really respect Pagano and love his leadership skills. I for one want him to interview in Miami. He might be the sleeping giant coach Miami needs.

I actually think Ross is the biggest hinderance to this team becoming successful. He's so concerned about looking cool that it's a turnoff to the people who love football. He's got so much sideshow BS going on that he's turned this team into a gimmick. But I have to give him credit for not giving in to Fisher and letting him have total control (if that's even true). But what I'd give to have Huizenga back!

Chamberswi

You mentioned chud and McCoy as new interviews plus some of Co's guys I can't find anything with Co's
List could you give a rundown on who those guys are?

I've been an advocate of Carmichael Jr or Chudzinski but from the initial list
of interviews nothing to indicate they are thinging that way

CK has speculated Chuck Pagano (Ravens DC), Vic Fangio (9ers DC), Reck Dennison (Texans OC). I wanna say that there is one more name on there, but I forget off the top of my head

Back
Top Bottom