Tua asked Mahomes for his jersey after the game - embarrassing | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua asked Mahomes for his jersey after the game - embarrassing

In March the Dolphins exercised Tua's 5th year option. Does this mean the Dolphins are obligated to sign him-pay him for next season, or are they free to cut ties with him now?

Look

Gets outplayed and humiliated in his first playoff game and his first thought after is to ask Mahomes for his jersey. IMO this shows he has zero fire or guts or competitive edge. Imagine Marino doing this back in the day?

I get when people attack Tua for not playing well, not showing up for big games and even him not being worthy of a big contract, but this is something that all teams and players do. It's a sign of respect. When players exchange jerseys there is always a winning player exchanging with a losing player, that's how it works.

In March the Dolphins exercised Tua's 5th year option. Does this mean the Dolphins are obligated to sign him-pay him for next season, or are they free to cut ties with him now?
Fully guaranteed. 23m in dead cap. They could can him sure, but would still owe him the money so it makes no sense to cut ties.

I assume that most of the people baffled by this behavior are, like me, a few years older than Tua.

It's a generational thing. Personally, I think it's pretty embarrassing and can't understand it, but it's just what zoomers do.

This is awful. To ppl who don't understand. it's not that because we lost its because it's the playoffs. A man just sent you home and your 1st response is, wow he's so good I need to have his jersey.

If they were neck and neck in ability no way you would ask for his jersey there because you expect to see him every year in the playoffs.

Imagen mahomes asking burrow for his jersey after burrow beats him in the playoffs.

After Brady beating Payton in the playoffs Payton is going to ask Brady for his Jersey.

I'm sorry but I'm disgusted/disappointed by this.

Last edited:
When Stafford loses the Superbowl this year he should ask Lamar Jackson for his autograph

I would ask Mahomes for his jersey too. Mahomes is a special talent.

The idea that players are supposed to hate their competition after the game is ludicrous.

It’s JUST a GAME!

Back
Top Bottom