Tua Contract Negotiations Start | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Contract Negotiations Start

No reason to bid against ourselves! No team is going to offer Tua a top tier contract. Let him go find one on the open mkt. The kid deserves to get paid but NOT stupid money. And we need to maintain liquidity.
You have no clue what others would offer Tua.

Enough with that nonsense.

You have no clue what others would offer Tua.

Enough with that nonsense.
It’s complete nonsense to think someone wouldn’t offer Tua a massive contract if he was on the market. Especially as the other guy said let him walk as a free agent, that would be complete idiocy.

We’ve just watched a 36 year old Cousins coming off an Achilles tear get $45M a year with $100M guaranteed. To think someone wouldn’t offer a 25 year old who has improved every year and has been top 5 in every QB metric for 2 seasons a row over $50M a year just shows people that don’t understand the QB market.

It’s complete nonsense to think someone wouldn’t offer Tua a massive contract if he was on the market. Especially as the other guy said let him walk as a free agent, that would be complete idiocy.

We’ve just watched a 36 year old Cousins coming off an Achilles tear get $45M a year with $100M guaranteed. To think someone wouldn’t offer a 25 year old who has improved every year and has been top 5 in every QB metric for 2 seasons a row over $50M a year just shows people that don’t understand the QB market.
It's always the same posters with their agenda posting that like it's fact.

I am bracing for the sticker shock.

Tua is a very good QB but he is going to get paid like a great one.

That is just how the NFL works with QB's now but I am hoping Miami get get him to accept a reasonable deal.
What is the hurry? Dallas is going to let DAK walk next year and he is often compared to TUA. Play well against the bottom dwellers and wilt against tougher competition. What are your expectations for Tua if he signs a huge contract, is ok if we get bumped in first round of playoffs again, maybe not make the playoffs which we almost blew at end of season. I am tired of just ok, stats mean squat if you can't produce in big games nor function in cold weather. I like Tua but until he can escape the pocket and carry the team like the great QBs we will not even win division never alone a SB. I pray that the team waits and make decision after next year.

Off the top of my head, neither of those teams had star WRs like Tyreek to pay.
Yeah, Miami's focus is on paying wide receivers. We'll see how that turns out.

I know you can't keep everyone. Looking at Miami's biggest free agent losses, Troy Vincent and Christian Wilkins would be 1-2 for me. Vincent was a long time ago.

It's always the same posters with their agenda posting that like it's fact.

This is true.

In theory whenever a player is extended they are "bidding against themselves" as there's no way of knowing wat other teams would have offered.

It also gives them the ability to not be wrong. Because there's no way to.actually prove it unless the player hits FA. Which won't happen with Tua.

But it should be common sense when Cousins get 45, Tua will get a better contract.

No reason to bid against ourselves! No team is going to offer Tua a top tier contract. Let him go find one on the open mkt. The kid deserves to get paid but NOT stupid money. And we need to maintain liquidity.
That's not how it works. Did Lamar Jackson get any competing offers last offseason before the Ravens gave him what he wanted?
...you love to nav the most "politically acceptable" position just tipping the scales ever so slightly...

Are you willing to affirm it's unwise for the team / franchise to invest in Tua to the degree that it hinders future possibilities?
He said he wants what's best for the team as well. Assuming the contract would 'hinder future possibilities' sounds like answering your own question, but it's impossible to determine what level does and doesn't hinder future possibilities.

Yep, big time DL's are hard to find. Maybe I was naive, but I thought they were going to get it done.
The FH brothers who argued that CW wasn't worth 16m/year were... well... dreaming.

I remember those threads... "he doesn't get enough sacks"' they said.

He got 27.5m/year

He bet on himself and won. When they do that, there isn't much we can do. He's 29 this year and another team was willing to make him the second highest paid DL in the NFL.

The smart move was to let him walk.

Tua not that guy. That narrative will continue until he can prove he can not only win without Tyreek Hill but also prove he can win that elusive playoff game us fans have been starving for
Victor Rasuk Romance GIF by ABC Network

Back
Top Bottom