Tua take... | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua take...

I really hope he stays in school and get his education either way. I hate Alabama and Satan...err Saban. But he is a good kid and deserves a good future. Maybe he will play football and maybe he will not. Either way he is a good kid, was/is a great QB, and I wish him well. Prayers and respect my man! Also like I said before..... Dr do not equate playing football to recovery. He will have a full recovery of course. That does not mean he will be able to bang and get banged.
Good post man, my thoughts exactly!

Ideal draft scenario. Young with the first pick, trade up and get Tua ( if we dont someone else will) could be the best first round in the history of the NFL.

With all that said he probably plays college another year

Are we still talking about drafting Tua? He will be lucky to ever play again.

Hip injuries are quite serious, more so IMHO than a knee injury. I cannot see how anyone "fully" recovers from a dislocated hip (and all the damage that occurs in the joint during a dislocation).

Saban did this kid no favors by allowing him to play. Anyone who has had an injury in the legs knows they have to compensate for it and other injury chances skyrocket....his coach should have protected him.

Bo Jackson career comes to mind.....I wish the kid the best and hope he proves me wrong.

Ideal draft scenario. Young with the first pick, trade up and get Tua ( if we dont someone else will) could be the best first round in the history of the NFL.

With all that said he probably plays college another year
So I guess you are saying that Tua will Redshirt in 2020 and try to play a final season at Alabama in 2021. Because it is not likely he will be recovered enough next year to play football. I have no idea if he will ever be able to play football again but I have no doubt that he has played his last game as a college QB.

Really, I haven't herd that. Team Dr's are say he will have a "full" recovery.
Really, I haven't herd that. Team Dr's are say he will have a "full" recovery.
Full recovery means he should be able to regain normal use of his hip. It doesn’t mean he should continue to take hits to the repaired hip. It is the job of a surgeon to repair a body part in a way that the individual can resume a normal life. It is not the job of the surgeon to ensure the individual can take the kind of hits he will receive weekly in the NFL.

I don’t think it matters who you are if you get hit the way tua did something is gonna give.

but it’s all a function of his not having his normal legs that got him hit like that in the first place.

Totally sucks for Tua, hate seeing injuries like this.

Def looks like we are going to trade a lot of our picks to move up someone, as I see us winning a few more games...

Noone in here is an orthopedic surgeon although a lot of posters act like they are. Fact is no one in here knows the extent of the injury and whether or not he'll ever play football again. There are some instances where football players who have had surgery with dislocated hips can resume playing football with months of rehab.

Last edited:
This is why I don’t get to attached to any one player before the college season is over. I think more than one of the announcers said he had little to no lateral movement. I know hindsight is allwise 20/20 and a injury’s like this can happen any and every play. But there was no reason for the kid to be out there playing at the time of the injury.

To me the only reason Saban had for keeping in the game after it was 28-7. Where them great stile points tua would get him for the playoff push. Tua might and I hope he does make a full recovery. With his injury history know, even though he’s a great player. I don’t see how any team can pick him before round 2 or 3.

it will be all over soon...…..:nabo. good luck in your next job tua.

Full recovery means he should be able to regain normal use of his hip. It doesn’t mean he should continue to take hits to the repaired hip. It is the job of a surgeon to repair a body part in a way that the individual can resume a normal life. It is not the job of the surgeon to ensure the individual can take the kind of hits he will receive weekly in the NFL.
And it doesn't mean he will never play again. Some here seem to think he will not even though they have no idea, we don't know. I choose to hope for the best for him, weather he plays again or not. I'm not going pontificate that he is done with football, like some seem to wish for.

I imagine he took out an insurance policy. Like a lot of other really highly rated college prospects have.

If he didn’t he should have.

Back
Top Bottom