Tuesday May 18th QB Camp Report | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday May 18th QB Camp Report

Thanks for the repots guys. Keep'em coming, guys like me who are too far away to attend just eat them up. Man, I wish I lived in South Florida. :cry:

I was excited to wake up today in cloudy Oregon and see if there were reports yet (got to love that time difference!) ---

you guys rock --- thanks!

it's certainly interesting to read a couple of different accounts... and while it's all hear say, it's fun to try and form my own opinions loosely based on what you guys report back to us! :) Anyway... my take on AJ is that it's okay that he doesn't look super smoothe yet --- there's still plenty of time... and I remember back at Phinzone reading someone's report about AJ throwing the deep out WELL -- w/ zip and velocity and a low trajectory... I think we can all agree this is the throw that Jay murders us (most often) on... he just can't throw it, especially to the left -- and CBs and Ss know it. So... hopefully Trestman can improve his (according to Phinsdude) footwork and teach him to buy some time when he needs to... I'm still rooting for him to beat out Jay ---- check that, I still think the job will be his to lose when the time is right....

The LBs will be interesting to watch as time goes by here, too --- specifically the battle between Morlon and any challengers --- as well as the subsequent backup jobs.

I would not expect Feeley to handle the rush yet. While learning a new playbook, the last thing that comes I think, is having a good enough grasp on where everyone is going to be such that you can divert some of your attention to the passrush. In light of the last mini camp I think he might be trying to concentrate on getting the ball in receivers' hands rather than misfiring it.

it's certainly interesting to read a couple of different accounts... and while it's all hear say, it's fun to try and form my own opinions loosely based on what you guys report back to us

I think our opinions are pretty much the same, we both agree that Jay was the best one out there while Feeley struggled with the rush. Jay is looking the best I've seen in a long time (maybe ever) and coming from a Fiedler hater that means alot. AJ should be struggling for a while, by TC in July if he's not in sync then Jay will be our starter. I thought the QBs looked real good until the scrimmage where I thought only Jay did well.

You guys rule. Love the reports. Never too long... and don't worry about adding your spin, any good fan can sift through the facts and opinions and make their own judgement.

I am not going to make excuses for Feeley, but will give him time. Having said that, I think Jay will be much improved this season if he can stay healthy. Mostly because the offense won't be as predictable and the weapons keep getting better (therefore his room for error won't be as small on any given play).

I'm am cautiously optimistic. Especially because the report on Timbo and Chester. With them dominating again I think our D can win games... makes the opposing offense one dimensional, which we all know kills a teams offense.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE REPORTS!!:cool:

Thanks for the reports guy, really appreciate them down here in Ky Wildcat land ! Actually Tenn., but Im a Wildcat fan and refuse to say Vol land ! LOL Go Dolphins and Cats ! BTW, never to long either guys, no need to apologize, to me, the more the better !

I think our opinions are pretty much the same, we both agree that Jay was the best one out there while Feeley struggled with the rush. Jay is looking the best I've seen in a long time (maybe ever) and coming from a Fiedler hater that means alot. AJ should be struggling for a while, by TC in July if he's not in sync then Jay will be our starter. I thought the QBs looked real good until the scrimmage where I thought only Jay did well.

Actually I think all judgement will be reserved for preseason games, barring injury. Dave Wannstedt has publically said so, and I think its because he correctly realizes that what a guy shows you in practice is not necessarily what a guy shows you in games. Herm Edwards flat out refused to have Pennington play over Testeverde for the longest time because he was convinced by Pennington's practice play that he was too "cerebral"

It'll all come down to another preseason battle through two games (unless we have a five game preseason, I forget). In one game Fiedler will get the first team snaps, in the other game Feeley will get the first team snaps. Then Wannstedt will have liked to have made a decision after the 2nd preseason game, so that he can use the 3rd game to game plan around our new (or old) starting quarterback. But, if the race is still tight (which would mean AJ is still struggling), then we could use the 3rd game as a means of deciding too.

I can already see it though. If AJ never lives up to expectations in preseason games and Jay is our starter, all our DW haters will be talking about how much Dave loves Jay blah blah blah. And if Dave decides to start AJ, they will say how Dave "caved under pressure from Huizenga and Spielman, because he knows his job is on the line"

Go BUA! he's going to be great

Thanks

Thanks for the reports. Im from Asheville,NC. I read Sun-sentinal,Miami Herald, and Palm Beach, every morning.(the Dolphin news that is). Its nice to get a REAL fans perspective.I travel down to training camp every year, so I'll bring my computer and give you guys my insights. Anyways thanks again. Bye the way do you guys mind if I paraphrase your breakdowns for my site? I wont till I get the OK from the Admins of this site. Go Phins!!!!

Casey
#1 Dolfan on the Planet

Hum... I don't wanna start anything. But I kinda wonder why Jay gets to throw to Chris and David while AJ get's to throw to Newson.

ckparrothead said:
Actually I think all judgement will be reserved for preseason games, barring injury. Dave Wannstedt has publically said so, and I think its because he correctly realizes that what a guy shows you in practice is not necessarily what a guy shows you in games. "
Perhaps its my dislike for Wanny clouding my judgement, but the way I see it Dave has proven just the opposite in the past. Huard clearly outperformed Jay in the 2000 preseason but DW still named Jay the starter. Also, how many times did you hear last season "He was completing those passes in practice" in response to questions why the deep ball was so ineffective? Instead of trying another QB or altering the offense, DW continued to keep trying based on practice performance instead of game performance. I think Dave will start whoever he thinks will fit his idea of an offense better regardless of preseason performance. But, thats just the opinion of an admitted Dave hater (and proud of it)

Back
Top Bottom