TUSH PUSH TO BE BANNED??????????? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TUSH PUSH TO BE BANNED???????????

Ozfin

Turn Left at Nowhere Else
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Leave this in Fins area for 24 hours then moved to General.

Any one have further info on this?
Peoples thoughts, please discuss.

Any play that has 100% chance of success is stupid.

While they’re at it, can they ban the goal line fade? A play that renders the other 19 players on the field to spectators is also stupid. Jump ball = basketball 🏀.
Well they banned kickoffs this year essentially. So wouldn't surprise me if they banned the tushy pushy.

Personally, I think it’s totally stupid to ban it. So, a team found something that works within the current rules and now teams cry and bitch because they can’t stop it? Figure out how to stop it or learn how to do it yourself.

It’s like in baseball now, they wanna get rid of the shift because it shuts down pull hitters. Hey batter, learn how to hit all all fields assholes. If you wanna play and stay in the Majors learn the art of hitting

ban it or allow the defense to push as well. its heavily slanted towards the offense as it is

This.

They banned the defense from stacking and pushing. I don't see them allowing it again, so they will ban it on the offensive side too.

Eagles will still have a lot of success with QB sneaks. I'm not sure the guys "pushing" are having that much of an impact anyways. Always chalked it up to great technique by Kelce and Hurts.

Again... pushing the runner is illegal at every other level of football... and it used to be illegal in the NFL as well.
The NFL only legalized it because it was difficult for the officials to enforce.

At other levels, this is called 'aiding the runner' and it is a 5 yard spot foul.

Again... pushing the runner is illegal at every other level of football... and it used to be illegal in the NFL as well.
The NFL only legalized it because it was difficult for the officials to enforce.

At other levels, this is called 'aiding the runner' and it is a 5 yard spot foul.

I'm guessing this time around they'll only enforce it at the LOS, like they do for the defense.

They can't just ban it because it's currently fool proof for one team so I was looking for a rule they can use to ban it. The only thing that comes to mind, is that Defenses can't push other defenders on field goal attempts.

I'm guessing this time around they'll only enforce it at the LOS, like they do for the defense.
If they just revert to the HS and NCAA rule, teams will be able to push the pile, but not the runner in any situation.
I know that the NFL claimed this was difficult to officiate, but it isn't really. Both the referee and umpire are behind the play and can readily see if the backs are pushing the QB... and it is almost always the QB that is being pushed.
This penalty is rarely called at the lower level mostly because it generally does not happen if it isn't a set play. Only occasionally will a play reach a stalemate point where some player will get a belated idea to start pushing... and even then, it is legal if he pushes the pile.
In 20 years of officiating and well over 1000 games, I might have seen it called 4 or 5 times.

This.

They banned the defense from stacking and pushing. I don't see them allowing it again, so they will ban it on the offensive side too.

Eagles will still have a lot of success with QB sneaks. I'm not sure the guys "pushing" are having that much of an impact anyways. Always chalked it up to great technique by Kelce and Hurts.
What do you mean by this?

Back
Top Bottom