Two teams interested in Ogun | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two teams interested in Ogun

Ogun is a fine player...no two ways about it...however, the Fins hold all of the cards and if he wants the money...I think he'll have to play for relative chump change this year to really get paid next year....I don't blame him for trying to get what he is worth but he needs to put in his time just like JT and countless others have done...the paycheck will come...that being said...if another team wants to pony up a nice package for him... then lets do it...we'll be just fine without him.

Rick

ckparrothead said:
He's trying to get paid what the league would be willing to pay him, the Dolphins just know better because they've seen up close that Ogunleye has some problems that they aren't willing to pay him ridiculous amounts of money for. One is that I firmly believe he could not come anywhere close to reproducing his sack results without Jason Taylor and a stellar secondary. Overall last year we had a great secondary because T-Buck played the nickel better than Jamar had been playing it, and even though our safeties struggled over the top on long passes some, Surtain was All-Pro material and Madison did pretty well just not as well as usual.

Ogunleye seems to me like he picks up a lot of coverage sacks. And I insist that yes, he benefits from Jason Taylor being opposite him just as Taylor benefits from Ogunleye being opposite him (JT had an off year you could tell, in any other year without Ogun that would have been a single digit sack year for JT).

He goes to another team without our secondary or a rush-end like JT (ehem Washington), he gets 7 sacks at most.

I agree CK, think about Ogun and the time frame he started getting his sacks, it was at the time when JT was being doubled. Ogun is definitely a good player, but it is hard to deny that having JT didnt hurt. Look at Bromell, he was a sack king (well ok wont go that far) then signed a lucritive contract and was then cut, and has bouced to a couple diff teams. Mixon has faired a little better because his strength was run defense. Now I know Wale is better than both, but it does illustrate the advantage of having JT opposite you.

Screw Arrington, give us an OL, Samuels perhaps? Last thing we need are more Defensive players.....

I find it hard to imagine the Redskins going for Ogun. They were interested in Kearse this season too but they were not willing to give him the type of signing bonus the Eagles did. I am sure Ogun will want the same and although I think Ogun may be less of a risk then Kearse I doubt they will give him that type of contract. Then again it is Daniel Snyder and money is no object to him and neither is the salary cap. Jax seems like a more realistic option and I would def take a first rounder for him bc I think our D-line will be alright without Ogun this year. It would be nice to have some draft picks to work with some year and we already lost our 2nd rounder.

O-Gun has said he's not looking for Kearse type money.

Kearse is coming off injury and perhaps that played into their decision to not pay him that ridiculous money.

I would think of any teams interested, Washington has the history of giving up picks and money, the fact they are in the NFC, and an owner who wants the name, to be the team he ends up with.

Question would then be do we pick a DE in the 1st or take a DT and another OL. Perhaps a WR if Chambers leaves or Boston busts.

I find it hard to imagine the Redskins going for Ogun.
I don't. Snyder is the league's sucker for overpaying for what he considers the sexy player of the day. When that salary cap bubble bursts in Washington, its going to be a mess. He knows he needs to win within the next 2 years.

You guys should hope Snyder is involved. Drives up the price nicely.

They have been wanting to get rid of first round pick Rod Gardner, because of how many recievers they have on their roster.

If nobody was willing to trade a 1st and a 3rd before the draft, why would they do it now all of a sudden???...

If this hold-out continues, O-GUN will get screwed in the end IMO. He needs to decide where he wants to play, instead of rolling the dice on holding out for money. It's a battle he's currently losing IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

We don't need another QB, lets get a first rounder!

BLITZKRIEG said:
If nobody was willing to trade a 1st and a 3rd before the draft, why would they do it now all of a sudden???...

If this hold-out continues, O-GUN will get screwed in the end IMO. He needs to decide where he wants to play, instead of rolling the dice on holding out for money. It's a battle he's currently losing IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

I doubt anyone is going to give up a first and third, they know the Fins are in a situation where anything is better then the nothing they will most likely get next year(barring a Franchise tag).

As far as not giving up the picks before this years draft, I could see a team giving up picks next year easier then the current draft, this is a "what can you do for me now thought process" Next years picks can't help this year, but this years picks will be settled in by next year.

Back
Top Bottom