Tyler Eifert at #42? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyler Eifert at #42?

Based on your mock, Rotoworld (not the best source, I know) has Jonathan Cyprien going in the 1st round. Is it really possible he drops to the 5th?

ive been meaning to change that but no way he goes first round. 2-3rd round. safety somewhat deep position.

btw, alot of people saying a lot of players moving up to first round, well what happens to those projected in round 1 before?
alot of players will surprisingly drop by numbers and draft by position game.

Ertz is better.

eifert has bigger frame and better blocker. problem for me and my liking eifert is travis kelcie is just as big and could end up just as good if he goes to a good team with great qb.

eifert has bigger frame and better blocker. problem for me and my liking eifert is travis kelcie is just as big and could end up just as good if he goes to a good team with great qb.

Ertz is an inch taller and DOES NOT have a bigger frame. Ertz is the better blocker and much better pass receiver. Not sure why people keep putting Eifert ahead around here.

Plus, neither is there at 42.

I disagree with the idea that Eifert is a better prospect than Fleener was, but I disagree more with the idea that Ertz is better than Eifert.

I'd be fine with Eifert at 42, but I wouldn't be jumping for joy. I'd be extremely displeased with Ertz at 42.

Ertz is an inch taller and DOES NOT have a bigger frame. Ertz is the better blocker and much better pass receiver. Not sure why people keep putting Eifert ahead around here.

I agree with all of this. No way either TE slips.

I rather draft fauria and build him into the most dominating NFL TE red zone threat for years to come. I think he has that kind of natural ability, and the love for ertz and eifert is overhyped IMO.

Tyler Eifert doesn't have the YAC potential of Gronk or Hernandez or Vernon Davis or Antonio Gates. But he is an absolute first down machine. Might have the strongest hands i've ever seen on a tight end...maybe the strongest hands i've ever seen on an offensive player in college. If the ball placement is right, it's a completion. If we get receivers who open up the field (mike wallace) and he is able to operate in open space...the chains would move and move and move.

And in the end zone, whose beating this guy for a jump ball?

They are close enough to each other that it's not a big deal. Ertz is faster but both are very athletic. Eifert played a lot outwide for Notre Dame and was a huge mismatch.

And while I agree that I don't think either will be there at 42 it's not out of the realm of possibilities. Tight Ends fall a lot more further than they should The ones that go high are either coming in with unreal hype (Kellen Winslow and Jeremy Shockey) or destroy the combine (Vernon Davis and Gonzo).

I've seen good tight ends fall a lot further than they should. Heath Miller going 29th was a steal for Pittsburgh and anybody who watched him play that year, knew he was better than that. Same with Zach Miller while he was at Arizona State.

For anyone to say Ertz is a better pass catcher than Eifert is incorrect and must not have watched any tape of the two. Watch Eifert get in and out of his breaks especially when he is lined up in the slot or out wide. In addition there is no comparison to body control, it's Eifert hands down.

Does anyone on this board watch full game tape of these prospects rather than a 30 sec YouTube video?

As of today Ertz might be the more complete TE, although not by much, but if you are wanting a receiving TE Eifert has more ability, just watch the tape and you will see.

looking at Fauria's frame I worry that he will be Agnew 2.0

Eifert has amazing body control and bend. His receiving window is ridiculously wide because he can reach back for a lot of balls thrown behind him.. With that said, I like Ertz catching the short 5 yd pass and driving for the extra 5 yards. Both players are very good but I like Eifert slightly more. Tight Ends usually are mocked too high around 18-20 and get drafted int he late 20s or early 30s. With so many QBs going last year the TEs got pushed back somewhat. I think this is a good crop and quite a few teams desperately need one. I do same many teams really need one every year though and they dont get overdrafted.

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

I havent come across a mock yet where he falls past 30 to the falcons.

Falcons will be an obvious choice for one in Rd 1, but I wonder if they ignore the defense for one. I cant see that happening.

I've got the Packers taking Ertz and the Falcons taking Eifert. Either way the only way to get either one is to trade down. There is no way either is available in round 2. I'm rooting for a TE via free agency.

Back
Top Bottom